Meal Before Bed to Control Cortisol?

So from my research, Ive deduced that you should eat a small meal before bed to help control cortisol and to lose excess weight/not gain excess weight either. Is this true? If it is could you also recommend some good things to eat before bed? Thanks.

I personally love cottage cheese. Its a rather slow digesting protein, so it’ll be available for your body to use to build some muscle throughout much of the night. I, however, do not like the taste by itself. If I am cutting for a fight, I add natural PB only. If not cutting, then I’ll add natural PB and some raisins. I know the raisins are contrary to this next point, (but I don’t care so much when I’m not cutting weight) but its a good idea to eat a good hunk of protein that will digest slow and some healthy fats.

egg omelet smothered with peanut butter then liberally garnished with chopped scallions

Metabolic Drive Complete

shake or pb+milk [2]

1 c plain yogurt plus 1 serving whey/casein protein vanilla or chocolate, yummy

1 cup of 1% cottage cheese, a spoonful of natty PB and some fish oil

Bacon and eggs!

[quote]Augie122688 wrote:
Metabolic Drive Complete[/quote]

Metabolic Drive Complete+PB

Protein shake with fish oil

Cheese. Regular Cheese.

Everybody has their preference on what to eat, but something before bed is a good idea. Even if you eat immediately before bed, your body is going however many hours through the night with zero fuel. Granted, you aren’t taxing your body at the time, but this is also when your body is trying to repair everything and it obviously needs fuel to do so.

[quote]travis8798 wrote:
Everybody has their preference on what to eat, but something before bed is a good idea. Even if you eat immediately before bed, your body is going however many hours through the night with zero fuel. Granted, you aren’t taxing your body at the time, but this is also when your body is trying to repair everything and it obviously needs fuel to do so.[/quote]

I have a question about the last statement travis. I was thinking the other day about how when I am asleep that if i get up in the middle of the night, why not have a quick protein shake? This may be a good idea but I am not sure. What does everyone think?

[quote]Work_For_It wrote:
I have a question about the last statement travis. I was thinking the other day about how when I am asleep that if i get up in the middle of the night, why not have a quick protein shake? This may be a good idea but I am not sure. What does everyone think?[/quote]

Sounds like a good idea IF it doesn’t affect your sleep.