Meal Advice for an Active Office Worker

Hi,

Have you any nutrition advice for an active but sedentary man ?

I am 185cm tall, and my weight is 90kg.

I wake up at 7:15, shower, eat breakfast (fried frozen green beens with scrambled egg for example), go with metro to my work.

About 08:30 I arrived at work, I eat oatmeal with milk, walnuts and rasins.

I sit at my desk until about 12:00, then I eat lunch, something brought from home, like chicken with rice, reheated in the microwave in our office kitchen.

I stay in my work to about 17:00 - 18:00

At home, about 19:00 I eat dinner, rest about 30 minutes up to 1 hour and do kettlebell workouts, at least 30 minutes, sometimes 1 hour, then I eat some leftovers again, and later about 22:00 - 22:30 I go to sleep, I simply can’t sleep hungry, tried it a dozen of times.

I’m not fat, but I have a very visible flubby belly, I want to get lost it.

When I don’t eat enough trough the day, I have problems finishing my workouts.

But when I eat much, and sit the whole day, my belly gets bigger and bigger.

Working out in the middle of my work time is not possible.

I cut already junk food like candies months ago, I don’t drink sugar, beer etc.

I don’t want eat astronaut food, like protein powders, or energy bars.

Any advice for someone like me ?

Should I change my morning ritual ? Change the times when I eat ? What meals would you suggest ?

Substitute some of the rice and oats with things like broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts.

Hi buddy,

Im in a similar situation to yourself. Even though it has received some criticism from some lately, IF may be able to suit your situation, and I feel it make it easier to control the calories a little easier. Instead of spending 30 minutes eating breakfast every morning, I spend that time preparing and calculating my food for the day. At the end of the day its all about calories in and out, and it would not hurt to keep an eye on your macros if you really want to make some real progress.

Uncle Bird.

tweet

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
Substitute some of the rice and oats with things like broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts. [/quote]

^^This

You’ve got to remove/replace some of the carbs that you are eating while doing essentially nothing

Thanks People for your suggestions.