Meadows Won Pro Card

After several attempts, he finally made pro last night.

I would have liked to have gone to Team U and NY Pro this year but for some odd reason the IFBB and NPC have chosen to make two important shows on holidays.

No one deserves it more than him.

A dream come true for the guy no doubt. Definitely happy for him. In past years, despite working arguably harder than anyone else, he always seemed to suffer structural issues beyond his control. Nice to see that this year it didn’t matter, that he was unquestionably the best athlete onstage.

S

That’s fantastic! What a mind for building muscle he has. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t even have delts. Happy for him.

I learned most of my favorite techniques from him. Most of the time, I’d cuss him for a while until I started seeing results. I still cuss him a little bit every now and then.

Great to hear that he finally made Pro. Proud of the lil’ fella.

It’s funny but I thought he had been pro for a long time just cause of how fucking jacked he is! Meadows is probably my favorite coach.

Not that having a pro card validates someone’s knowledge (at least in the IFBB anyway -lol), but I’ve always respected john for traits separate from his physique.

The guy absolutely loves this stuff. This is something that I can 100% empathize with. Juggling his love of the sport, competing, constantly expanding his own knowlege base… Especially when it had absolutely nothing to do with his day job for years (he only was able to make what he deemed income enough to support his family from coaching in the last couples Of years I believe), ain’t easy!

He also isn’t one of those guys to writes the same crap everyone else does just so they can have their zillions of social media followers and hanger-ons drool over the latest daily inspiration. He says something when he Has something to say, and it’s always evident that it’s something he has considered before opening his mouth.

More than anything though, I know what it’s like to work your tail off for something, trying to keep your “real life” in proper perspective as you row more and more focused and then come oh so close, but not quite. So when you finally do achieve that long held goal, thy narrow minded obsession that runs deep within all competitors, it’s got to be one hell of a feeling indeed.

S

Congrats to John! Meadows techniques made me realise what bodybuilding is supposed to feel like in the gym (not just lifting).

*I wish I could fully understand what the Team Universe is…still in the dark about this.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
A dream come true for the guy no doubt. Definitely happy for him. In past years, despite working arguably harder than anyone else, he always seemed to suffer structural issues beyond his control. Nice to see that this year it didn’t matter, that he was unquestionably the best athlete onstage.

S

[/quote]

John said 10 days out or so on a radio show that he was able to train abs for the first time in years. According to him this was a game changer since he was able to control his stomach most of the time in addition to flexing the abs.

I also think I read somewhere that this is the lowest he has been in years on stage. Albeit somewhat weaker line-up I’m super happy for him and also Shelby grabbing forth !

Saw it on facebook, smiled, like hey finally the right thing happened. You walk around 365 days a year at -25% body fat and over 200lbs with legs 3x the size of your next best competitor and still come home without the win, people start asking who stacked the deck.

[quote]Myosin wrote:
Congrats to John! Meadows techniques made me realise what bodybuilding is supposed to feel like in the gym (not just lifting).

*I wish I could fully understand what the Team Universe is…still in the dark about this.[/quote]

I believe it was originally a drug tested NPC show. Competitors had to be clean for a full year in order to enter. The rationale was to end up with a team of class winners who could compete on the world stage with athletes from other Countries.

Didn’t take long before the whole drug testing thing just fell by the wayside from what I hear.

S

yeah, it’s about time. Anyone have pictures from the show?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
yeah, it’s about time. Anyone have pictures from the show?[/quote]

Yeah MD put them up. Just search NPC Team Universe in google.