Meadows. Biotest. Olympia

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
We’ll be getting started at 2PM today at City Athletic Club. The place is swank. Looks like a high-end Vegas nightclub. Check out the pics: http://www.cityathleticclub.com/photo-gallery/ It may look a little different by the time Meadows and his crew are finished!

Biotest and T Nation swag will be waiting for those who join us! (While supplies last, etc. etc.)

[/quote]

It will definitely look different when Meadows is finished with it. Can’t wait to see more footage.

Meadows has arrived.

Pre-load time.

These guys will have about 4 servings of Plazma during training.

Plazma ready to roll out.

Crazy time. This is intense. The whole gym is stopping to watch the action.

“I remember when I was 16 years old and posting on the T Nation forums, asking Christian Thibaudeau what a carb was! I learned everything from T Nation.” - Amit Sapir

Before set…

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/1/4/14f2a_ORIG-pic_2.jpg

After set.

“I’m not going to lie. That hurt.” John Meadows

So INCREDIBLY not fair that I have to start a new job this week and had to use travel money to budget necessities instead of going down to the Olympia and seeing this craziness.

I hope to hell there are some videos later.

I’ve always been really excited that Amit made it to the big leagues, even though I’m not a bodybuilder. I was on here when he first started going to the site and posting as a beginner, and I always loved how you could see the gradual evolution in his posts from newb, to learning student, to application, to starting to compete and being the buff guy giving advice and talking bodybuilding, to becoming a pro.

He was a great guy to have on the forums here. I remember seeing him for the first time in print mags (and also again in an article on olympic lifting of all things) and going hey, he made it! Kick ass!

Vicious squat session.

Video cameras are rolling.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
So INCREDIBLY not fair that I have to start a new job this week and had to use travel money to budget necessities instead of going down to the Olympia and seeing this craziness.

I hope to hell there are some videos later.

I’ve always been really excited that Amit made it to the big leagues, even though I’m not a bodybuilder. I was on here when he first started going to the site and posting as a beginner, and I always loved how you could see the gradual evolution in his posts from newb, to learning student, to application, to starting to compete and being the buff guy giving advice and talking bodybuilding, to becoming a pro.

He was a great guy to have on the forums here. I remember seeing him for the first time in print mags (and also again in an article on olympic lifting of all things) and going hey, he made it! Kick ass![/quote]

What was his name on here?

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Before set…[/quote]

Amit squats 585 for reps…in running shoes LOL. That guy is a beast!

Video of this session would be awesome!

Excessively handsome Mike O’Hearn stopped by.

He’s a funny guy. Watched Meadows do a set of squats and said, “Okay, I’m going to go be a model now.”

John Meadows, Amit Sapir and Ben Pakulski are at it again for chest work Friday at 7AM, so if you’re up early (or just finished your partying in Vegas) stop by City Athletic Club, grab some free T-shirts and Biotest goodies, and watch them train. Then, redefine your idea of intensity!

Damn. I am relocating there from Cleveland in two weeks. I wasn’t familiar with that gym, but it looks like its about 10-15 minutes from where I’ll be living. I’ve trained at LVAC, Gold’s, and 24 Fitness out there, but this place looks dope!

[quote]u r bunk wrote:
Damn. I am relocating there from Cleveland in two weeks. I wasn’t familiar with that gym, but it looks like its about 10-15 minutes from where I’ll be living. I’ve trained at LVAC, Gold’s, and 24 Fitness out there, but this place looks dope![/quote]

It’s a great gym, more like several gyms in one: hardcore bodybuilding free-weight and machine area, lap pool, MMA area (with cage), Crossfit, chiropractic office on site… those last two may be related.

When the squat cages were taken up upstairs, Meadows took over the Crossfit area and squatted sans safety cage. They ran out of room on the bars because they had to use Olympic plates.

I planned my trip to the Olympia even before finding out about this, but now I’m even more excited!

I don’t get in until the afternoon though, so the Meadows-watching will have to wait until the weekend.

and to think that Cat, knowing how much I love this stuff, was planning on getting us tix to the Olympia until I found out and told her were couldn’t really swing it financially this year… damn grown up responsibilities and BS :frowning:

S

4:40AM here in Vegas. T-shirts, Spike, and Brain Candy ready to give away, Plazma chilling in the City Athletic Club Fridge, workout starting at 7AM.