ME Lifts Questions

I have a few questions about how to cycle ME lifts.

This only happens to me on some ME lifts (any good morning and incline presses) on the first week of the exercise I Hit a PR, usually I do around 10 sets with this 10th set being a final bust ass do or die lift. 72 hours later I do my respective speed workout. Fast foward to the 2nd ME day for the lift. On these days the weight “feels” heavy, but i can lift it easily, but not to break my PR from the first week. On these days I try to work up to a heavy double/triple. Has anyone had this experance befor? And what have you done to correct it?
Thanks in advance
Will42

I have the same problem.You can either try a PR for a triple or five the first week and then a PR for a single the next week, or just rotate ME lifts every week. I usually rotate every week.

In “the eight keys” dave tate says that you should rotate your ME exercises so when you stop making PR’s, every 1-3 weeks. So if you hit a PR week 1, then don’t week 2, you need to cycle every week.

[quote]fedaykin wrote:
In “the eight keys” dave tate says that you should rotate your ME exercises so when you stop making PR’s, every 1-3 weeks. So if you hit a PR week 1, then don’t week 2, you need to cycle every week.[/quote]

I am well awre of this, and thanks for pointing this out, but this only happens to me on Good mornings (cam and strait bar) and incline press. I just found it odd. I also thought that maybe these could be underdevelpoed areas on me (upper chest and low back/ham’s) and that I might be better off doing sets of 5 and 3 instead of a true ME lift on these days because I need more muscle in the aformentioned areas in order to keep breaking records and beating people. Just a thought I had at about 0130 …pretty sad isn’t it:).

Also DT says that more advanced athletes need to switch exercises more often, and I have a hard time beliving that my 1100lbs totaling self is an advanced lifter.
Will42

Most guys at westside now don’t do good mornings as an ME exercise anymore…so maybe you should rethink your exercise choices on ME Lower Body day. Even better, go over to Dave Tate’s website and ask Jim or Dave.