Deadlifts 4x5
Box squats 3x5
calf raise if there’s time 3x12

Tuesday:Upper
incline dumbell bench 4x5
pendlay row 3-4x7-10
military press 3x5
standing barbell curls 3x10

main goal is drop 3-4% bodyfat over time while adding lean mass hopefully gaining 20+ pounds this year, gaining massive strength.
Weight 160 pounds
bodyfat 14%
Bench max:185
Squat 200
Deadlift 290

suggestions?
quote]

yeah…my lifts are all pretty small. I don’t really see why there is any need to record them. I’m ashamed of all 3 of them. I will however try to sneak a camera in once I hit a 3 wheel deadlift. it’s been a goal of mine for a while. Right now I have a prety disporportionate chest, and traps you can’t tell from the pictures, but I have a pretty big chest for how tiny I am.

Chest= 38.5"
arms pumped=14
cold=12.5

want anything else?

I’ve always been a pretty extreme skinny fat type, with narrow shoulders and skinny legs and arms…which is what got me to start lifting.

Increase volume. Young beginners should be in the high rep range for the first couple of years.

You don’t look GREAT and you pose really badly, but you have put on some good size, looks to be mostly muscle, you are headed in the right direction. So only way is forwards!

Most will say you should not try to lose fat now. But you are young and will probably want to anyway. So here goes:

Benefits of losing some fat now:

• will prime you for next bulk phase
  • will give you a rest from training
  • will shut you up about thinking you are too fat

Bad things about dieting now:

• you are not fat so why bother
  • when young you have the best chance to build some real muscle so don’t waste time

Anyway, good luck whatever you do

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Increase volume. Young beginners should be in the high rep range for the first couple of years.
[/quote]

I’m really more interested in being stronger.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
You don’t look GREAT and you pose really badly, but you have put on some good size, looks to be mostly muscle, you are headed in the right direction. So only way is forwards!

Most will say you should not try to lose fat now. But you are young and will probably want to anyway. So here goes:

• when young you have the best chance to build some real muscle so don’t waste time

Anyway, good luck whatever you do[/quote]

Haha thanks. I wasn’t really trying too hard to pose correctly, but to give a few phtos on how I’ve come alon since I’ve started. thanks.

By the way… I’m not looking at it as a bulk and cutting sort of thing. I’m probably going to just slowly add calories as I gain weight, and continue to do cardio. I just want to stay leanish and make leaner gains.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Magarhe wrote:

Haha thanks. I wasn’t really trying too hard to pose correctly, but to give a few phtos on how I’ve come alon since I’ve started. thanks.

By the way… I’m not looking at it as a bulk and cutting sort of thing. I’m probably going to just slowly add calories as I gain weight, and continue to do cardio. I just want to stay leanish and make leaner gains.[/quote]

Well keep at it, you really are headed in the right direction, add those pounds and keep working.

I usually recommend this book

is a great primer for all things to do with training.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Magarhe wrote:

By the way… I’m not looking at it as a bulk and cutting sort of thing. I’m probably going to just slowly add calories as I gain weight, and continue to do cardio. I just want to stay leanish and make leaner gains.

Well keep at it, you really are headed in the right direction, add those pounds and keep working.

I usually recommend this book

is a great primer for all things to do with training. [/quote]

I may look for it at a library, but as of now I have more important things to invest money in. Being in highschool, my money is pretty tight.

something u didn’t mention ( or maybe i didn’t read thoroughly enough) was whether or not ur strength gains were stagnating.

Also how long have u been on this particular program. If gains are stagnating try switching up the program ( for the record i think ur program looks pretty good i wish i had been that educated in highschool)

my routine in HS looked something like this
Bench 3x10
Machine shoulder press 3x10
Tricep pressdown 3x10
dumbeel curl 3x10
crunches 3xfailure

repeat M,W,F

I have by far seen the best gains by switching my routine every 3-5 weeks. I really think this sort of confusing ur body and constantly keeping it guessin is one of the big keys to lifting successfully

Also i would actually advise that u eat more calories just time them better. Like Pierce said ur nutrition is probably ur limiting factor. Eat roughly a 30-50% of ur daily calories within the hour before and the two hours after u are done lifting

Ex. I work out from 3-4. I eat 50% of my calories 1700-2200 in the hours of 2-6. And this is specifically heavy on the post workout. I basically eat non-stop for the first two hours after i work out. At this point i back off and stick to healthy fats and slow digesting proteins

Anyway using this method and cycling my workouts frequently ive put on roughly 30 pounds (155-185) in three months and maintained a fair amount of leaness. I dont have a gut and u can still see my abs 3-5 of them depending on hydration.

I would really advise against cutting calories and even maintaining the way u are… are u age u have a lot of potential for gain and u should take advantage of it i wish i would have

yeah…my lifts are all pretty small. I don’t really see why there is any need to record them. I’m ashamed of all 3 of them. I will however try to sneak a camera in once I hit a 3 wheel deadlift. it’s been a goal of mine for a while. Right now I have a prety disporportionate chest, and traps you can’t tell from the pictures, but I have a pretty big chest for how tiny I am.

Chest= 38.5"
arms pumped=14
cold=12.5

want anything else?

I’ve always been a pretty extreme skinny fat type, with narrow shoulders and skinny legs and arms…which is what got me to start lifting.[/quote]

You do not have a big chest, even for your size. If it doesn’t look big in a picture, then who are you trying to kid? Your side profile shows very little in terms of chest develop as well. Be realistic with yourself and keep on trucking.

But don’t post a picture of yourself on T-Nation then say stupid shit like “but as of now I have more important things to invest money in” when someone advises you buy a $20 book. The fact is, if you are high school, you don’t have anything more important to spend your money on. Think of it as a $20 investment towards getting into some hot bitch’s pants.

Well being in High School, you could sae the money and instead dig through websites like this one to work out what works and what to do. But I would have killed for such a book back when I was a kid. Then again, as a kid I would have dug through the websites looking for answers (if there was internet, or in fact, computers).

Just stick to the basics the big lifts and keep on truckin’

SkyzykS wrote:

I’m really more interested in being stronger.[/quote]

That is very good, but try to keep in mind that strength and size are not mutualy exclusive, and in fact directly linked.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459551&cr=

It would also help to build increased bone density, myofibrilar hypertrophy, and connective tissue, which you will need when you do start developing some serious strength.
The link above is to Thib’s Pendulum series.
But hey, if you like what you’re doing, go for it.

[quote]erinshesse wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

Chest= 38.5"
arms pumped=14
cold=12.5

want anything else?

I’ve always been a pretty extreme skinny fat type, with narrow shoulders and skinny legs and arms…which is what got me to start lifting.

You do not have a big chest, even for your size. If it doesn’t look big in a picture, then who are you trying to kid? Your side profile shows very little in terms of chest develop as well. Be realistic with yourself and keep on trucking.

But don’t post a picture of yourself on T-Nation then say stupid shit like “but as of now I have more important things to invest money in” when someone advises you buy a $20 book. The fact is, if you are high school, you don’t have anything more important to spend your money on. Think of it as a $20 investment towards getting into some hot bitch’s pants. [/quote]

I’m not trying to kid anyone. my chest and traps stick out pretty far when I have a shirt on for my weight. It’s pretty hard to tell from photos, but it looks sort of awkward. You’re making me out to be way more cocky then I’m trying to be. Don’t like my thread? GET THE FUCK OUT.

by the way… I have other hobbies… am I not allowed to save my money to buy something nice?

You my friend, are an insignificant prick.Who are you to talk? in your photo you look like a typical skinnyfat 40 year old who does a few sets of curls every week. You’re not in a position to complain.

I’ve already stated this thread isn’t really here to rate me. more of a show of progress from where I started. learn to read.

Feel free to appologize you dumb son of a bitch.

I like where this thread is headed

I’m not trying to kid anyone. my chest and traps stick out pretty far when I have a shirt on for my weight. It’s pretty hard to tell from photos, but it looks sort of awkward. You’re making me out to be way more cocky then I’m trying to be. Don’t like my thread? GET THE FUCK OUT.

by the way… I have other hobbies… am I not allowed to save my money to buy something nice?

You my friend, are an insignificant prick.Who are you to talk? in your photo you look like a typical skinnyfat 40 year old who does a few sets of curls every week. You’re not in a position to complain.

I’ve already stated this thread isn’t really here to rate me. more of a show of progress from where I started. learn to read.

Feel free to appologize you dumb son of a bitch.[/quote]

Excellent and this thread was going so well…

Alright i know u dont wanna hear this but if u wanna keep getting advice and want this thread to be successful u are almost indefinitely going to have to retract ur previous statement. Have u ever read threads on here b/c i see this one going something like this

Random T-Nation member… “yo learn some respect and thicken ur skin… u are a newb and u are trying to tell someone with experience what to do learn some respect and ps u aren’t big u are a pussy”

You…" i wasn’t saying that all i was saying is blah blah blah… and my chest really does look good i dont see where this guys gets off telling me that hes just being a prick i dont care if hes older he still didn’t have to say that, blah wah blah

Random T-Nation member 2…" OMG im tired of all these fucking newbs thinking just cuz they’ve read a few articles and are the biggest kid at their highschool that they can start doling out advice. Shutup, learn some respect, and realize that ur 185 lb bench isn’t the shit and neither are u flabby titties. Rabble Rabble Rabble

You: Blah Wah sniffle cry fuck u

Basically this culminates in u getting no advice and having to change ur log in name because no one will want to help u

[quote]HotCarl28 wrote:

Alright i know u dont wanna hear this but if u wanna keep getting advice and want this thread to be successful u are almost indefinitely going to have to retract ur previous statement. Have u ever read threads on here b/c i see this one going something like this

Random T-Nation member… “yo learn some respect and thicken ur skin… u are a newb and u are trying to tell someone with experience what to do learn some respect and ps u aren’t big u are a pussy”

You…" i wasn’t saying that all i was saying is blah blah blah… and my chest really does look good i dont see where this guys gets off telling me that hes just being a prick i dont care if hes older he still didn’t have to say that, blah wah blah

Random T-Nation member 2…" OMG im tired of all these fucking newbs thinking just cuz they’ve read a few articles and are the biggest kid at their highschool that they can start doling out advice. Shutup, learn some respect, and realize that ur 185 lb bench isn’t the shit and neither are u flabby titties. Rabble Rabble Rabble

You: Blah Wah sniffle cry fuck u

Basically this culminates in u getting no advice and having to change ur log in name because no one will want to help u
[/quote]

Okay, now THAT is some funny sh!t.

erinshesse wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

Chest= 38.5"
arms pumped=14
cold=12.5

want anything else?

But don’t post a picture of yourself on T-Nation then say stupid shit like “but as of now I have more important things to invest money in” when someone advises you buy a $20 book. The fact is, if you are high school, you don’t have anything more important to spend your money on. Think of it as a $20 investment towards getting into some hot bitch’s pants.

Feel free to appologize you dumb son of a bitch.[/quote]

Dumbass

The guy yout talking shit to looks like he dwarfs you and definatley dosent look skiny fat. YOU look and are skiny fat, you have negative back wich is hard to belive and underdeveloped everything else.

Your chest and traps dont stickout its just everything else is so damn small its the only thing you can see in the mirror.

Your progress sucks for 6 months, its horible. I would still never guess you lift and your lifts are what your average guy lifts with no training at all.

You and your hobys can go to hell if you put saveing 20$ up to go to buy some weed with your friends or some shit before buying a book to teach your dumbass what to do then dont even bother lifting because your just gonna keep spinning your wheels until get fed up and quit.

Read the fucking forums before you ask questions or at least respect everyone who takes the time to help, they spent the time learning, you havent.

For fucks sake just go over to bodybuilding.com there will be another 1000 kids like you saying good job telling you what you want to hear and all of them makeing no progress. You will feel right at home.

Hey man you look like u may have slight Kyphosis of the back, what I have.

May want to see “Neanderthal No More” by Mike Robertson.

Zephead, erinsheese IS a troll. I’ve seen him stir the water in other threads. BUT even trolls can give you good advice and that’s what erinsheese did.

We understand that you may want to spend your $20 somewhere else, but contrary to what you think, buying stroke magazines is NOT a hobby. Invest in something that won’t make your girlfriend want you to throw away down the road.

[quote]Dyepaintball12 wrote:
Hey man you look like u may have slight Kyphosis of the back, what I have.

May want to see “Neanderthal No More” by Mike Robertson.[/quote]

Is that a real book?
clasic!

Is there a version for people who want to look like a neanderthal?