MDMA is Awesome...

… and cheap.

And highly brain destroying.

Shame, really.

Yea man

I loved it

Had to stop it

I used to write amazing papers while rolling.

Molly is my girl but we dont talk no more

I been telling this to people for years. You just pop your cherry or something?

Courtesy of Dixie a couple weeks back.

My jaw hurts…

…but I feel so Fresh!

[quote]QuadasarusFlex wrote:
Courtesy of Dixie a couple weeks back.[/quote]

Wow… this poster is pure gold.

Jesus Fucking Christ I think even if I knew what MDMA is I still wouldn’t get what the fuck anyone here is talking about.

[quote]Nards wrote:
Jesus Fucking Christ I think even if I knew what MDMA is I still wouldn’t get what the fuck anyone here is talking about.[/quote]

It’s extacy - the drug.

holes in yer brain = more places to put stuff.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
Jesus Fucking Christ I think even if I knew what MDMA is I still wouldn’t get what the fuck anyone here is talking about.[/quote]

It’s extacy - the drug. [/quote]

Thanks for your help. I kind of get it now. In the sense that I at least know if it’s a TV/music/cars/sports/ or drugs thing.

Holes in your brain? show me the studies please, how much use to put a hole in your brain?
just like weed kills brain cells? yeah the pumped 65 joints into a monkey within 5 minutes and he suffocates, tada dead brain cells

There is no evidence that ecstasy causes brain damage, according to one of the largest studies into the effects of the drug. Too many previous studies made over-arching conclusions from insufficient data, say the scientists responsible for the research, and the drug’s dangers have been greatly exaggerated.

The finding will shock campaigners who have claimed ecstasy poses a real risk of triggering brain damage. They have argued that it can induce memory loss, decrease cognitive performance and has long-lasting effects on behaviour.

But experts who have argued that the drug is relatively safe welcomed the new paper. “I always assumed that, when properly designed studies were carried out, we would find ecstasy does not cause brain damage,” said Professor David Nutt, who was fired as chair of the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs by Alan Johnson, then home secretary, for publicly stating alcohol and tobacco were more harmful than ecstasy.

The study was carried out by a team led by Professor John Halpern of Harvard Medical School and published in the journal Addiction last week. Funded by a $1.8m grant from the US National Institute on Drug Abuse, it was launched specifically to avoid methodological drawbacks that have bedevilled previous attempts to pinpoint whether or not ecstasy users suffer brain damage.

Ecstasy ? or 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or MDMA ? came into widespread use in the 1980s when taking it was linked to raves and the playing of dance music. Its symptoms include euphoria, a sense of intimacy with others and diminished anxiety and depression. In the US alone, more than 12 million have taken it.

But the taking of ecstasy has also been linked to damage to the central nervous system and research in recent years has suggested that long-term changes to emotional states and behaviour have been triggered by consumption of the drug. Possession of it has been made an offence in most western nations.

However, Halpern was sharply critical of the quality of the research that had linked ecstasy to brain damage. “Too many studies have been carried out on small populations, while overarching conclusions have been drawn from them,” he said. For a start, some previous research has studied users who were taken from a culture dominated by all-night dancing, which thus exposed these individuals to sleep and fluid deprivation ? factors that are themselves known to produce long-lasting cognitive effects. Non-users were not selected from those from a similar background, which therefore skewed results. In addition, past studies have not taken sufficient account of the fact that ecstasy users take other drugs or alcohol that could affect cognition or that they may have suffered intellectual impairment before they started taking ecstasy. In Halpern’s study only ecstasy users who took no other drugs and who had suffered no previous impairment were selected.

The resulting experiment whittled down 1,500 potential participants to 52 selected users, whose cognitive abilities matched those of a group of 59 non-users. “We even took hair samples of participants to test whether they were telling the truth about their drug and alcohol habits,” said Halpern. “Essentially we compared one group of people who danced and raved and took ecstasy with a similar group of individuals who danced and raved but who did not take ecstasy. When we did that, we found that there was no difference in their cognitive abilities.” In other words, previous studies highlighted problems triggered by other factors, such as use of other drugs or drink, or sleep deprivation.

But the drug still posed risks, he said. “Ecstasy consumption is dangerous because illegally made pills often contain contaminants that can have harmful side-effects.”
HIGHS AND LOWS

1912 First synthesis of MDMA by a German chemist, Anton Kollisch, who worked for the giant Merck company.

1970 The drug is first detected in tablets seized on the streets of Chicago.

1977 UK makes MDMA a Class A drug.

1984 Term ‘ecstasy’ coined in California.

1985 MDMA becomes a Schedule 1 controlled substance in the US. In the UK the street price is £25.

Mid1980s Raves become increasingly popular, spreading out from the centres of London and Manchester

1988-89 Raves, electronic dance music and ecstasy lead to a second “summer of love”. First recorded ecstasy-related death in UK.

1995 Essex schoolgirl Leah Betts, 18, dies after taking ecstasy.2000 British Crime Survey finds the proportion of 16-29 -year-olds who have taken ecstasy is 12%.

2003 6,230 people found guilty, cautioned or fined for ecstasy-related offences

2005 In a survey of 500 Edinburgh students, 36% said they had taken ecstasy. Of those, 75% considered ecstasy a “positive force”.

2011 The street price is now between £3 and £8.

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
yeah the pumped 65 joints into a monkey within 5 minutes and he suffocates, tada dead brain cells
[/quote]

I applaud the monkey’s heroic sacrifice.

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
Holes in your brain? show me the studies please, how much use to put a hole in your brain?
just like weed kills brain cells? yeah the pumped 65 joints into a monkey within 5 minutes and he suffocates, tada dead brain cells
[/quote]

Yeah well, there are studies with measurable differences in cognitive ability, and the fact that animal brains dont look too good when studied under a microscope is not really encouraging either.

I am willing to risk some temporary damage to the lungs or liver, but even the risk of permanent brain damage is bad mmmkay?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:
[/quote]

Yeah well, there are studies with measurable differences in cognitive ability, and the fact that animal brains dont look too good when studied under a microscope is not really encouraging either.

I am willing to risk some temporary damage to the lungs or liver, but even the risk of permanent brain damage is bad mmmkay?[/quote]

Your talking about weed?

Watch the Union

first 20 minutes

Show me any study where recreational use of MDMA causes brain damage. Don’t show me idiots who do it for a week straight. You can die from aspirin if you do it too much. potassium will kill you.
and that study I posted is from 2011. its not some old propaganda

Joe Rogan says don’t be surprised if in 2 or 3 years MDMA is being prescribed.

Joe Rogan, M.D.