MDL76 's Vegan Journey

Ok. now since I’ve been Vegan for 2 months and have not been that serious with my training for over a year, let see what I can do on my new vegan diet. My biggest thing right now is to see how my strength does. So far here is my workout with present weights used and goal weights I hope to be using 3 months from now. Keep in mind my goal weights and reps are what I was using about 1 years ago.

I do cardio (stairmaster) Monday - Friday 30 min in morning on empty stomach. Mainly just to get my stamina back.

Weights are monday, wednesday and Friday

set X Reps Weight

Monday
Bench 3x4 225
Incline Bench 3x6 185
Flies 2x10 40

Wednesday
Squat 3x4 315
Walking lung 3x10(total reps) 95lb Barbell on back
Leg Curl 3x6 75

Friday (these are predicted since im doing them tomorrow)
Deadlifts 3x5 315
T-Bar Rows 3x6 135
Milt Press (standing) 3x6 95

My goals for the 3 main lifts to reach in 3 months is
Bench 3x10 225
Squat 3x12 315
Deadlift 3x12 315

My main goal here is to get my strength back. Then the beginning of April Ill start cutting for the sexy beach look. Because we all know July is sexy beach time in Michigan.

For eating Im not following anything written in blood. Just 30 - 50 grams of protein every 3 hours along with carbs fats and veggies. Mainly stuff like Rice, beans, nuts, flax and Gluten free bread my girly makes me and a variety of veggies. I can not eat gluten. I might be Celiac. Im getting 200 - 250 grams of protein a day. If I start farting a lot, then I know to cut back on the protein. Protein is mainly coming from Gemma (pea) protein.

who wants to see my fat ass B4 pictures?

Any reason why you are trying to get stronger on a vegan diet?

[quote]John S. wrote:
Any reason why you are trying to get stronger on a vegan diet?[/quote]

Im a vegan now and what to see if I can get my strength back to where it was. I believe 100% I will do it.

[quote]mdl76 wrote:
Im getting 200 - 250 grams of protein a day. Protein is mainly coming from Gemma (pea) protein.[/quote]

Gawdamn thats a lot of peas! Is there a supplement powder to help consume this much? I am always curious how vegans/vegetarians plan their meals to get the amount of protein needed. Keep us posted.

[quote]mdl76 wrote:
If I start farting a lot, then I know to cut back on the protein. Protein is mainly coming from Gemma (pea) protein.[/quote]

How can you NOT fart a lot eating stuff like that? Listen, if anybody ever gets stuck in a telephone booth with you, do the compassionate, merciful, humanitarian thing…strangle them with your hands.

[quote]mdl76 wrote:
who wants to see my fat ass B4 pictures?[/quote]

I do!!

[quote]timmyboy5410 wrote:
mdl76 wrote:
Im getting 200 - 250 grams of protein a day. Protein is mainly coming from Gemma (pea) protein.

Gawdamn thats a lot of peas! Is there a supplement powder to help consume this much? I am always curious how vegans/vegetarians plan their meals to get the amount of protein needed. Keep us posted.[/quote]

Pea Protein is Gemma protein. I get it in powder form.

It’s tough enough to get that much protein as a vegan, and having to go gluten free on top of that. I just hope you’re not doing the vegan thing for the girly you mentioned. Good luck, keep us informed.

Good luck with your plan. I admire people who sacrifice their convenient habits for a good idea.

I’d be interested to see how you plan your meals and protein following a vegan diet. I sometimes get vegans asking me for advice to build up and, coming from a meat eating background, I find it hard to know if I’m giving them the best information in terms of appropriate proteins etc.

When you’ve got into the swing of things can you post some sample days of your diet? I’d like to learn more about how to plan one out.

Cheers

Cool - good luck. Keep us posted.

Hey! Great to see you’ve started your own thread.

I would be interested to see the before and after pics.

Also, are those your starting weights or your goal weights?

good luck!

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

Hey! Great to see you’ve started your own thread.

I would be interested to see the before and after pics.

Also, are those your starting weights or your goal weights?

good luck!

[/quote]

Thank!

The goal weights are on the bottom of my first post

Ill post my next weights and reps at the end of the week.
But all I can say is WOW… I’m making sure im getting everything I need (food, water and 8 hrs sleep) and all my reps are up this week…

I find this interesting as I know a few vegans and vegetarians and this subject comes up in conversation a lot.

You’ve already built your foundation eating meat eggs etc. though right?

mdl, how are you ensuring you get complete protein i.e with a correctly balanced amino acid profile? Wouldn’t relying on the pea protein mean you would lack some essential amino acid. I remember reading articles where combining foods overcame this.
Oh yes where are the B4 pics?

Dude - what happened to you? How are things coming along?

Yes, I would like to know how things are going.

I’m looking for a non-dairy protein powder. Why did you choose gemma protein? Did you consider soy isolate? I have my concerns with soy isolate. Also, is gemma used for your PWO or other times too?

If you don’t mind, I’d like to see a sample of what you eat in a day.

Thanks.