MD6 Discontinued

Welcome to the new world order…

doh…

WHY? WHY? WHY? Why don’t them concern themselves with terroism. Why the fuck are they banning ephedrine? While they are at it why don’t they make aspirin and every drug thats every hurt even a single person illegal. Why does it seem they are controlling more and more of our lives?

Ralph Nader’s CITIZEN.ORG has spent millions lobbying congress and Health and Human Services.

“Despite your oft-professed concern for food safety, your Department has been grossly negligent in protecting Americans from what is clearly the most dangerous drug that masquerades as a food supplement, ephedra,” wrote Dr. Sidney Wolfe, director of Public Citizen’s Health Research Group in a letter to Tommy Thompson.

Yohombine and andro products are next.

I haven’t heard of any other companies discontinueing their ECA products due to government pressure, so why Biotest?
I will assume that if they ban ephedrine, it will also apply to pseudo-ephedrine. A lot of drug companies will lose a lot of money if that happens. Personally I work for an OTC drug company, and we produce many Pseudo-ephedrine products. We had to stop selling any medicines that contained PPA when they banned that. Fortunately we didn’t sell many, but I know other companies that suffered a $ loss when they banned PPA. I’ve heard that as of 2004 Ephedra will be banned, and as of 2005, all sports supplements will be FDA regulated. Anyone else hear this?

Tim, I think I heard the faint sound of “Taps” being played in my office when I read your announcement.

if ya’ ban ephedra, ban anything else that can kill you in excess…alcohol, tabacco… uh… oops… i think there’s a lot of congressmen and other government officials who still indulge in alcohol and tobacco, so they won’t get rid of that yet… let’s do a test, take 20 shots of wiskey or 20 pills of ephedra and drive a car and see which one kills you first.

Is there still a buy 2 get 1 free deal at this price?

I don’t think it has been “banned” exactly, but rather there are regulations making insurance too expensive to make the products worth selling. They sort of banned it through the backdoor. Some sneaky shit like that. I could be wrong. I’m sure Tim will explain in more detail in a future Behind the Scenes column.

And the worst part is: there is absolutely nothing that we can do about it. So much for government by the people, for the people. Weak.

I just bought 4 bottles of MD6, before the supplies run out. Unfortunetly, there is no 3 for 2 deal like on all their other products. However, it is still a deal, as that was a 33% discount, while this is a 50% discount.

I am saddened by this but it is not any real
shock to me (n.b. - I have been part of the
team working on MD-6’s replacement since
I designed MD-6 in the 1st place). The
government is rallying troops to have a
complete ban on ephedrine (including the
herb ephedra) ASAP secondary to those idiot
raver types sucking down 200mg of ephedrine
at a time trying to “catch a buzz”.

This means that the “truck stop” ephed products
as well as diet stuff will be zapped.

The only way you'll be able to get it is the same way you can get PPA (which you can still get): by Rx from your health care provider. It is not a "drug company/FDA" conspiract as their is ZERO money for drug co's in ephedrine. It is an overblown issue that the FDA is going to be forced to act on because of media hype. Blame the retarded journalists trying to grab a quick headline. Because this is where the blame lies - in the sensationalized horse caca that you read in the papers.

Pseudoephedrine is NOT next. It is much "safer" and not a "diet drug" so to speak however, seeing how any moron with a connection to the next can now make dl-amphetamine or crystal meth from Sudafed...

Anyhow, we're working on a replacement and my guess is you'll be very pleased. Remember, the other "big dogs" are removing ephedrine from their stuff...that ought to tell you something!

Brock

Gee that really sucks, I experienced md6 for the first time a few weeks ago. I love it! I wish there was some way around it, maybe continue production in secrecy and only sell it to distributors where they can sell it under the counter? Who knows, but if the government wins this fight, they will want more and more!

All the complaining will not change a thing, until joe supplement buyer (like everybody here) starts to make noise to his/her elected officials. For one thing start voting. Secondly, try writing letters or calling your elected officials. Get off of your ass and start doing something. Congressman Dan Burton (IND) has been an ally of the right to buy supplements for a while, call or write him and let him know how you feel.

i cant type the word i wish to use as there are ladies who use this board but what a fucking bunch of c**nts.
does anyone know of any other imminent problems, ie mag 10, myostat, tribex, wholegrain bred, tap water etc

This news is beginning to send me into a deep dark state of depression. I can’t live without MD6.

I don’t think they even thought about the whole situation enough. The fact is if you ban ephedrine im sure there will be a lot of people turning to more illegal fat burners that can probably cause more harm. My biggest worry is the banning of MAG 10. With Mag 10 banned everyone who’s experienced it will feel the need to experience something just like it, and most definitely turn to illegal steroids. That’s just my prediction. Hope MAG 10 stays, it’s the best thing to ever hit the market.

I’ve used MD6 as well as many other ephedra based products. I am really saddened by the fact that it is banned. You see, without ephedrine, I would be a total lard ass. I have a problem with overeating too much junk food. Being on products like MD6 helped me control my appetite and not let me eat crap foods. Now I’ve lost the single thing that’s helped me get in shape, give me energy as well as steer me to eat the right things. Man, I’m gonna miss the days I felt really jacked up too. That was a lot of fun. You know, taking ephedrine based supplements helped lower my cholestorol and trilycerides. This stuff did more good to me than harm.

Is the new formula going to stimulate the CNS?

Thanks,

Matt

Unfortunately you guys now have a taste of what things are like here in Canada. Sucks eh?