MD, DC, VA TRT Doc?

ProRaven,

PMs are disabled on this site. Could you PM me on peaktestosterone site forum? I am kwn over there as well.

thank you

Sorry for bumping an old thread. I’ve been on test cyp for about a year through DR. Levin at Chesapeake Urology in Westminster,MD. He has been easy to work with, but he won’t prescribe HCG. I’d like to find a DR that is open to both.

Greg76 - I live in Ellicott City, MD. I was using NAVA Wellness Clinic in Columbia, MD, and they didn’t want to prescribe hCG either. The direct quote was “If you aren’t going to have anymore kids, and are on TRT, why do you care about your testicles?”. I switched to Defy Medical from Tampa, FL. They specialize in either being your sole TRT provider for all medication (which is what I do), or prescribing hCG or anastrozole because your current doc won’t do it. They take care of everything via teleconference, and have great prices through LabCorp for any necessary tests. I’ve been with them now for four months and couldn’t be happier.

Hey guys, long time lurker/sorry to bump,

What’s the consensus on DC/Virginia TRT doctors? Looks like there is

PRCINDC
Washington Endocrine/ Dr West
Lina Coleman
and maybe Ailment Wellness in Fredricksburg

Any reviews/experiences? Would love something near Charlottesville but doesn’t seem like that’s happening.

Ignore if hijacking, but at 29y/o this is worth looking into with a T level of 370 right?

I talked to the owner of PRCINDC, they seem like they know what they are doing and they agree that endo’s are worthless- so that’s a plus.

Would you guys say that these guys are the best for TRT in the DMV area?

bump

ProRaven, could you post her info??

I’m looking for more good doctors in the area as well. I’d prefer one that works with insurance. A lot of these rejuvenation clinics don’t take insurance for anything (appointments, labwork, or medicine).

That is mostly typical. In the 2nd post in the sticky of this forum, are links to good reading. There is one for finding a TRT doc.

Dr Karen Boyle
Chesapeake Urology
http://www.chesapeakeurology.com/physicians/karen-elizabeth-boyle,-md,-facs/

I’ve been to Chesapeake Urology for a non-TRT related issue, and extremely impressed at their overall operations. The doctor that I saw kept asking me if I wanted to switch to him for my TRT. He seemed pretty knowledgable, but was balking at the 180mg per week protocol that I need. I think a lot of urologists think that the standard 100mg per week will work for everyone. Also, like many urologists he seemed to think that hCG was only cosmetic and unnecessary.

I think they might actually be a good option, if you want to use insurance. However, it depends on how open they are to taking your advice into consideration during your treatment.

I did NOT see Dr. Boyle, so please take that into consideration.

Interesting. Yes, I do 100 per week. I inject. She is very kind and knowledgeable, but as of late it seems to really not work as well anymore. So I’m switching to pellets for the first time next week. Insurance covers pellets but not shots, btw.

Who do you see around Baltimore for prescriptions and guidance?

obsidian mens health does a great job dr. marc

Interested in how you made out with Dr West at the Wash Endo Clinic. Thumbs up or thumbs down on this place?

Well, February will be 5 years since I posted this, and thought it was about time for an update.

I was on Pellets for 1yr at a cost of ~$1200 out of pocket. It results in lumps that I could see and feel. The pellets were Subcutaneous, but at 10% body fat, there’s not a lot of fat anywhere, maybe in bigger guys it’s not such an issue. The Urologist had never heard of an AI to stop aromatization to estrogen, and the results were never that great as a result.

I then looked at various men’s clinics in the DMV, however, the costs were far beyond what I was willing to pay.

I wrote up a nice document and met with my GP and discussed options, again…had never heard of using an AI, I countered with…it’s what you use for Breast Cancer patients for the same purpose…quizzical look then moved on. In the end he took the paperwork explaining Test-E, AI, HCG, etc… And offered one shot every two weeks. I explained that this would simply produce a high…followed by a low, and constant roller coaster period.

At this point I was mid 40’s and after research came to the conclusion that Low-T was not just about sexual performance, which strangely enough had not affected me, even with numbers well under 200 total T. My concern was bone density, muscle loss, depression and mood swings, and the fact that 50% of heart attack of elderly men are due to weakening of the arterial wall as a result of Low-T.

Anyway, for the past several years now I have been self-medicating. 200mg 2x per week with an AI 3x per week for 12 weeks, after which I drop back to 100mg 2x per week for 12 weeks, etc. I was able to find a reputable supplier and my yearly out of pocket costs for everything is ~$350. This route may not be for everyone, however, it works well for me. I did add a Mr. Coffee mug warmer to pre-heat my oil, makes it much easier to pin :slight_smile: Good Luck.

mahjohn,

Don’t know if your checking in. I’m in the DC, VA, MD area too, saw your thread from last November. Curious to find out how your program is going so far? I tried self-med route back in Boston few years back. Mixed results. The 200 mg/2x a week still providing you the benefits? I’m curious about the success guys on that level?

Greg76, What protocol did Dr. Levin prescribe you? What were your levels prior to and after?