McNabb to Skins

I never understood how McNabb got so much hate in Philly.

Philly’s going to draft Tebow or McCoy. Just wait.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[/quote]

Nah…they should be going for CB/DBs.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]SmilingPolitely wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I think I was one of the few Eagles fans left who thought Mcnabb still gave them the best chance to win. Why we decided to keep Vick (who didn’t do much at all with the playing time he was given) is a mystery to me.[/quote]

McNabb would have given them a better chance to win next year, but the Eagles are rebuilding and you can’t build a team around a 33 year old QB.

The Eagles offered McNabb a chance to extend his contract last year but he wanted to hold off to see what happened with the market and instead restructured his contract for 2 years. The Eagles were ready to make a deal in '09 but McNabb didn’t want any part of it. He forced this move and should be thanking his lucky stars he won’t be playing in Oakland or Buffalo.

[/quote]

Whoa, from what I remember from last year Mcnabb wanted his contract extended or restructured and the Eagles didn’t want to extend it. So they gave him some “shut up” money to keep him quiet and satisfied because they knew they didn’t want to extend his contract.

And while the Eagles aren’t as great as they once were, I don’t think we should be chalking this season up as a rebuilding season just yet. They made the playoffs last year and there is no reason to believe they won’t make them again this upcoming year.[/quote]

Actually there are quite a few reasons. They are a shell of what they were the past couple seasons. They lost their leader on defense (Dawkins) offense (McNabb and Westbrook), traded away decent DBs, have no linebacker depth, and will be installing an almost rookie QB. They have studs at WR and TE, but only time will tell how well Kolb can utilize them, and how much of it was McNabb helping them to look so good.

[quote]print wrote:
I think Parker is a great 3rd down back. He still has speed. Skins pick Okung (sp) w/the 4th pick or trade down.[/quote]

Parker is a horrible 3rd down back. He can’t catch, pick up the blitz, or move the chains on 3rd and short.

I really want to bash the Eagles for this move, but they have a pretty good track record so I’m going to have to assume that they know what they’re doing.

For McNabb’s sake, I hope he does well in Washington, even though I can’t stand the Skins because of their dipshit owner. I always thought McNabb was one of the good guys in the league.

I’m a Skins fan. I was literally in shock this morning when I saw this on SC.

I can’t quite tell how I feel about it. I feel like we can produce this way, but we are only buying a season or 2 out of picking up older guys. I thought the idea was to start fresh?! Either way, the Skins are going to be a completely different team this year in all aspects.

I also have a feeling the Eagles have a serious plan in the works.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[/quote]

Nah…they should be going for CB/DBs.[/quote]

If you’re right, then they shouldn’t wait any further than their 55th pick to snag this kid:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/559484?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I think I was one of the few Eagles fans left who thought Mcnabb still gave them the best chance to win. Why we decided to keep Vick (who didn’t do much at all with the playing time he was given) is a mystery to me.[/quote]

McNabb would have given them a better chance to win next year, but the Eagles are rebuilding and you can’t build a team around a 33 year old QB.

The Eagles offered McNabb a chance to extend his contract last year but he wanted to hold off to see what happened with the market and instead restructured his contract for 2 years. The Eagles were ready to make a deal in '09 but McNabb didn’t want any part of it. He forced this move and should be thanking his lucky stars he won’t be playing in Oakland or Buffalo.

[/quote]

Whoa, from what I remember from last year Mcnabb wanted his contract extended or restructured and the Eagles didn’t want to extend it. So they gave him some “shut up” money to keep him quiet and satisfied because they knew they didn’t want to extend his contract.

And while the Eagles aren’t as great as they once were, I don’t think we should be chalking this season up as a rebuilding season just yet. They made the playoffs last year and there is no reason to believe they won’t make them again this upcoming year.[/quote]

Actually there are quite a few reasons. They are a shell of what they were the past couple seasons. They lost their leader on defense (Dawkins) offense (McNabb and Westbrook), traded away decent DBs, have no linebacker depth, and will be installing an almost rookie QB. They have studs at WR and TE, but only time will tell how well Kolb can utilize them, and how much of it was McNabb helping them to look so good.[/quote]

It’s the Eagles system that makes the players look good, not Mcnabb making anyone look good. Most players that leave the Eagles are simply not as good on other teams. Look what happened with Trotter, Hugh Douglas, Troy Vincent, Duce Staley shit, not that he was ever any good, but Freddie Mitchell can’t even make an NFL team now that the Eagles don’t want him.

Similar to NE (although not as good), the Eagles have done a fantastic job of plugging in players and having them perform well. The Eagles have been a good team for a very long time and in this league that is pretty rare (although they have yet to win the big game, obviously).

I agree they have some holes, but why anyone would underestimate this team’s ability to plug in a player and contine running as a well oiled machine is a mystery to me. They’ve done it time and time again, through injuries and everything.

But who knows? Maybe this year will be the year it all comes crashing down? Anything is possible.

How can the Eagles be rebuiliding when they made the playoffs the last two years? I can think of teams that are a lot worse than them.

Go phillies!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

According to WIP this morning, the Eagles approached McNabb at the end of the season in '09 but he wanted to wait and see what Brady and Manning got before deciding. When a decision could not be agreed upon by either side the restructuring needed to be revamped in June to stop any internal problems at the start of the season. I wish I could remember who they were interviewing on the subject so I apologize if my information was skewed.

However, in the past year the Eagles have lost: Dawkins, Runyon, Westbrook, R. Brown, S. Brown Gocong, Andrews, and Curtis. They might not openly be saying they are rebuilding, but they sure seem to be “restructuring” in that direction.

I feel sorry for the eagles fans. I predict that the eagles are going to stink this year. I also think with all the changes the redskins have made, that they will do better than last year.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

According to WIP this morning, the Eagles approached McNabb at the end of the season in '09 but he wanted to wait and see what Brady and Manning got before deciding. When a decision could not be agreed upon by either side the restructuring needed to be revamped in June to stop any internal problems at the start of the season. I wish I could remember who they were interviewing on the subject so I apologize if my information was skewed.

However, in the past year the Eagles have lost: Dawkins, Runyon, Westbrook, R. Brown, S. Brown Gocong, Andrews, and Curtis. They might not openly be saying they are rebuilding, but they sure seem to be “restructuring” in that direction.[/quote]

All of those players are old, injury prone or suck. I’m not saying the Eagles will be great this season, but I honestly don’t believe they are missing much without those players (ok, maybe Dawkins, but he was definitely fading during his last couple years here).

Edit - Sheldon Brown was worth keeping.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

All of those players are old, injury prone or suck. I’m not saying the Eagles will be great this season, but I honestly don’t believe they are missing much without those players (ok, maybe Dawkins, but he was definitely fading during his last couple years here).

Edit - Sheldon Brown was worth keeping.[/quote]

I’m not saying they were all great, but its not like the Eagles have guys waiting in the wings to fill in. My point was that they are cleaning house. I would also say that the Kevin Curtis deal was questionable.

Amen Sickabs!! 10 minutes before the first pitch and WIP and the phanatic were still talking Eagles. I hear about it so often, it is tough to not have an opinion on the matter.

How about Polanco? 6 rbi including a grand slam in the 7th! Sure, its just the Nats, but they’ve lost the opener to them before.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
I never would have thought they would trade him within the division. Kolb will probably be a good QB, but I hope Eagles fans aren’t expecting him to come out and do what Aaron Rodgers did once Favre left. I’ve always like McNabb as a player and a person. He seems like he has a lot of fun out there.

I think this makes the Cowboys the favorites now.

[/quote]

This. How do you trade him in the same division. This just floored me. Unless the Eagles know some medical information and they are now just laughing there ass off.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

I never would have thought they would trade him within the division. Kolb will probably be a good QB, but I hope Eagles fans aren’t expecting him to come out and do what Aaron Rodgers did once Favre left. I’ve always like McNabb as a player and a person. He seems like he has a lot of fun out there.

[/quote]

This. How do you trade him in the same division. This just floored me. Unless the Eagles know some medical information and they are now just laughing there ass off. [/quote]

Supposedly it was McNabb who was frowning on all the other offers and relished in playing the Eagles 2x a season. Not sure if that is true or not tho. I still think the Eagles have an Ace card somewhere…

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[/quote]

This. How do you trade him in the same division. This just floored me. Unless the Eagles know some medical information and they are now just laughing there ass off. [/quote]

Supposedly it was McNabb who was frowning on all the other offers and relished in playing the Eagles 2x a season. Not sure if that is true or not tho. I still think the Eagles have an Ace card somewhere…[/quote]

Im a Dallas fan and while I have respect for McNabb I hate the fucker and didnt want to see him twice a year. But he has been less effective the last 3 games. You just never see teams trade in the same division. He is going to be gunning to cream the Eagles that first game. Cant wait for that matchup.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

You just never see teams trade in the same division. [/quote]

The AFC West does it more than I’m comfortable with. Especially the Chargers and the Chiefs.

I don’t even care about the trade being in the same division. Obviously, the Eagles believe the skins still won’t be a threat to them and they’re comfortable with playing DM twice per year. I don’t blame them, the skins suck.

It’s all about the 49ers, we have two #1 overall drafts picks at QB which scientifically makes us the best. Or do the cancel each other out?