McDonald's for Weight Loss

[quote]Professor X wrote:
anonym wrote:
I am, to be honest, disgusted by the fact that there are actually people on this board who would think it acceptable to belittle someone for losing 80 fucking pounds…simply because he didn’t do it the way they (or maybe some article?) say he should’ve.

Makes me wonder just how much, exactly, his critics have accomplished in regards to transforming their bodies - because one thing that has always been clear to me is that it’s usually the people with no achievements to call their own who speak out loudest against the accomplishments of others.

That holds true on this site as well. That is why we’ve seen relatively few pictures of the several hundred regular posters here.

But then, they talked shit about Brandon Curry when he was here. Some of these “critics” must look like gods compared to the rest of us.[/quote]

What they said X 2!

To reiterate my earlier post in this thread. The people belittling this man really piss me off.

Its like your saying because he didn’t lose a bunch of fat optimally he may as well have done nothing. Horseshit.

And I fucking guarantee his bodyfat is lower. You guys don’t have enough real world experience to realize that an average untrained human being doesn’t need x amount of protein every 2 hours to ‘halt catabolism’, he needs to make healthier eating choices (which he did) and lose weight (which he also did.)

I really would like the physique gods who do everything optimally all the time to post pictures of their physiques.

Shit i’m tubby and I post my pictures

yeah I get ragged on, attacked etc…

but whats more motivating than
“I’ll show those motherfuckers”

Edit: Lol read the comments on the discussion part of fox news…

"this should be news. Do you remember that hack who did supersize me? Liberals ate it up (no pun intended), it was on every news show and news paper. Blame McDonalds blah blah blah. People have choices on what to eat, they are not forced to order a Big Mac with 45 grams of fat they choose to order one. Now back to your original comment, yes Fred this is news because liberals made it news with supersize me.

Now I use the term liberals because my liberal friends bought the scam of that movie hook line and sinker, while my Republican educated friends knew it for the piece of garbage it was."

I posted the link because I thought it was interesting. It is sort of the “anti” Supersize Me story.

jpb

[quote]jpb wrote:
I posted the link because I thought it was interesting. It is sort of the “anti” Supersize Me story.

jpb[/quote]

There was a bodybuilder years back who did one of him getting ready for a contest while eating ONLY at Mc Donald’s to get stage ready. That was in rebuttal to Super Size Me. That was way more interesting than this one but got way less media attention.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
jpb wrote:

jpb

There was a bodybuilder years back who did one of him getting ready for a contest while eating ONLY at Mc Donald’s to get stage ready. That was in rebuttal to Super Size Me. That was way more interesting than this one but got way less media attention.[/quote]

I’d be really interested in seeing info on that if anyone knows the particulars.

jpb

[quote]jpb wrote:
Professor X wrote:
jpb wrote:

jpb

There was a bodybuilder years back who did one of him getting ready for a contest while eating ONLY at Mc Donald’s to get stage ready. That was in rebuttal to Super Size Me. That was way more interesting than this one but got way less media attention.

I’d be really interested in seeing info on that if anyone knows the particulars.

jpb
[/quote]

http://www.truthinfitness.org/projects/mcDonalds/journal.html

This has been posted several times before.

That is why those acting like you can’t eat at certain fast food places and make physical progress get laughed at.

Apparently you can.

Very cool; thanks Professor! I look forward to reading the whole thing.

jpb

After reading the actual link I realize now he wasn’t eating Big Macs, but salads instead. Well, if that’s the case it’s not all that surprising he lost the weight.

It’s kind of dumb to say he lost weight on a McDonald’s diet, because when I think McDonald’s I think Big Mac, fries, soda…not salads and apple/caramel dips.

Has anyone seen the book Eat This NOT THAT by David Zinczenko who is an editor for mens health:
http://www.amazon.com/Eat-This-Not-That-Pounds/dp/1594868549/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214092120&sr=8-1

Suprisingly this little column was the only useful thing I found in that magazine, and the book is a neat little reference when eating out that saves you from ordering the mag. It goes to show you that you can get your nutrients from fast food if your smart about it.

For instance if you needed a quick meal when bulking, Denny’s is open 24 hours so you could order Eggs and Grits or an awesome omelet any time of the day.

[quote]Digity wrote:
After reading the actual link I realize now he wasn’t eating Big Macs, but salads instead. Well, if that’s the case it’s not all that surprising he lost the weight.

It’s kind of dumb to say he lost weight on a McDonald’s diet, because when I think McDonald’s I think Big Mac, fries, soda…not salads and apple/caramel dips.[/quote]

I hope your kidding

I skimmed through all of the food and not that I was particularly looking for salads, I spotted 2 or 3 meals where he had salads.

The rest were all burgers etc. I to expected to see a guy eating all chicken nuggets and burger pattys by them self with a bunch of salads and diet drinks. But that was not the case. He actually ate fast food, no tricks, he just didnt go over board and eat way more than he should.

Newb, I think he’s referring to the original link in this thread, where the featured guy lost 80obs eating lots of salads and apples from Mcdonalds. I think the confusion here is a lot of idiots didn’t read the story originally posted and just got pissy at the headline. Typical laziness characteristic of our society, only have time to read headlines and form ‘informed opinions’. Priceless.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Newb, I think he’s referring to the original link in this thread, where the featured guy lost 80obs eating lots of salads and apples from Mcdonalds. I think the confusion here is a lot of idiots didn’t read the story originally posted and just got pissy at the headline. Typical laziness characteristic of our society, only have time to read headlines and form ‘informed opinions’. Priceless.[/quote]

Oh, I see. I thought we were talking about this. truthinfitness.org

Never mind then…

It doesn’t surprise me that you can lose weight eating at McDonalds at all…
If you got fat from usually eating a Big Mac, Fries and a Coke and then you switch to just the Big Mac with no fries and water you would lose weight sooooo quick.

[quote]jstines wrote:

1. I bet he’s just a smaller version of the fat guy he was. No more muscle, no smaller %bf. [/quote]

What you said doesn’t even make sense…

everybody starts somewhere…heck i started to lose weight by going to subway rather than burger king…bad decision in retrospect but whatever gets the ball rolling is good in my opinion. as i went along i learnt more stuff found resources, workouts etc. Would i go to subway n try to lose weight now that i have gained knowledge to carb timing or AD or PN etc? probably not. but i wouldnt know these strategies if i hadnt started somewhere

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
Digity wrote:

It’s kind of dumb to say he lost weight on a McDonald’s diet, because when I think McDonald’s I think Big Mac, fries, soda…not salads and apple/caramel dips.

I hope your kidding

I skimmed through all of the food and not that I was particularly looking for salads, I spotted 2 or 3 meals where he had salads.

The rest were all burgers etc. I to expected to see a guy eating all chicken nuggets and burger pattys by them self with a bunch of salads and diet drinks. But that was not the case. He actually ate fast food, no tricks, he just didnt go over board and eat way more than he should.
[/quote]

Read the original link posted. The old dude didn’t eat all the stuff on the menu…he just ate the healthier stuff. What you’re referring is from the link Prof X posted.

For the dude that ate the salads, it’s almost a motto point that he got them from McDonald’s. He could of got them from anywhere and he would have lost the weight. Typically, when we think McDonald’s we think burger and fries. So, saying he lost weight at McD’s was misleading, at least for the first dude mentioned.

Keep in mind, the body composition of the two were quite different. The old dude probably didn’t have a lot of muscle mass and the guy who ate everything on the menu did have a fair amount of muscle and was quite lean. So, you need to think about that when considering what the two ate and how it’d effect them.

I think you mean a moot point, not a ‘motto’ point.

I don’t know why people have the idea that Subway is a bad place to eat.

Sure, Jarrod’s a douche, but before I got braces, a foot long roast beef with provaone, lettuce, tomato, pepperocini, extra pickles, and vinegar and oil with extra vinegar was my favorite food.

I hate McDoonDoon’s because their food taste like ass - but I can mow down a sack full of mustard whoppers from the BK Lounge.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I don’t know why people have the idea that Subway is a bad place to eat.

Sure, Jarrod’s a douche, but before I got braces, a foot long roast beef with provaone, lettuce, tomato, pepperocini, extra pickles, and vinegar and oil with extra vinegar was my favorite food.

I hate McDoonDoon’s because their food taste like ass - but I can mow down a sack full of mustard whoppers from the BK Lounge.

[/quote]

hey RJ (we meet again…muahaaha…the grass fed beef thing…)
Subway is pretty good compared to all the rest out there even if the better sandwiches taste quite bland. but from the perspective that they promote health and then sell bread w/ HFCS in it and if i am trying to gain some muscle i would look to better sources for my CHO. and they rip you off with the meat quantity big time IMO (3.5 oz/ 6 inch sub!!)