McDonalds and Curls

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
Yup. As I recall, his training was pretty brutal.

Now we need to match up his results to someone who follows a perfect diet but with terrible training.

Malevolence wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:
Already been done.

The guy lost fat and gained muscle. And he was already in good shape. Too lazy to find a link for you but this is true.

MikiB wrote:
I’d pay to see someone eat nothing but mcdonalds for 30 days and training hard(not curls hard) but actually train.

Ya, I remember some guy did it as a response to supersize me, trying to prove hte point about how, as much as diet is important, an awful diet can be offset by superior exercise/rest. Of course, the point of supersize me was always more of “look at this cultural dependence on fast food we’ve created” and not “look at how fat fast food will make me”, but still, both experiments make some points.

If I remember correctly, he was so fond of the new lifestyle/diet, that he continued to eat at mcdonalds constantly even after the 30-days were up.

[/quote]

You know, this sounds very interesting. It reminds me of Berardi and his talks about G-Flux.

I wonder what kind of results a person was to get if they…

1. Ate just McD’s with some vegetables 6x per day.

2. Weightlifted 3-4 times per week on a relatively high volume program (something like CW’s Quattro Dynamo, or maybe just some variation of TBT).

3. Did HIT on OFF days and lighter energy systems work every day, as well as stretching and active recovery (in other words being active ALL the time).

I’m incline to believe that with a huge caloric intake coupled with a huge caloric expenditure some MAJOR body-comp changes could be made. I would even try this myself if I didnt have 20%bf lol.

Thoughts?

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
You know, this sounds very interesting. It reminds me of Berardi and his talks about G-Flux.

I wonder what kind of results a person was to get if they…

1. Ate just McD’s with some vegetables 6x per day.

2. Weightlifted 3-4 times per week on a relatively high volume program (something like CW’s Quattro Dynamo, or maybe just some variation of TBT).

3. Did HIT on OFF days and lighter energy systems work every day, as well as stretching and active recovery (in other words being active ALL the time).

I’m incline to believe that with a huge caloric intake coupled with a huge caloric expenditure some MAJOR body-comp changes could be made. I would even try this myself if I didnt have 20%bf lol.

Thoughts?[/quote]

Adding vegetables wouldn’t exactly make it healthy, though you would naturally benefit from them.

Food is a source of energy, so if you are taking in and expending large amounts you will see results, no matter how bad the diet is, within reason. It just wouldn’t be a very healthy option.

As everyone knows curls are extremely harmful for you, do it in the curl machine unless you want to be left with chronic… Ehmm. Joint pain.

[quote]Tmmmey wrote:
As everyone knows curls are extremely harmful for you, do it in the curl machine unless you want to be left with chronic… Ehmm. Joint pain.[/quote]

chronic, joint. haha I got it.

When I was too eager to gain weight, I ate McDonalds every meal. I gained like 30 pounds in a month. Not too sure how much of it was muscle, but I got a hell of a lot stronger doing just the deadlift/bench/squat split. Nothing too advanced.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:
How come there is no Filet-O-Fish? Why you hatin? Just because it’s has a baby blue wrapper, is that why? LOL.

By all means, if youd like to add a brutal day 3 consisting of 4 reps of Bosu ball ab training and 1 set of 15 pound tricep rope pressdowns be my guest!! If you eat that Filet-O-Fish remember that one extra set of tricep rope pressdowns may be overtraining!!
[/quote]

Yeah, good heads up. Don’t want to have DOMS.

You need the fillet-o-fish for the omega 3. lol.

^Bump

This is actually a diet i’ve been following for at least 3 years, and i would suggest a Angus 3rd pounder for the bacon so we get some extra protein, and if you make it there in the morning get some of the egg in the biscuits, but only if you are training for supermass. I would suggest you do 1/16th squats so you dont lose the abs while bulking. If you do an extra set of preacher curls your bicep grows about an inch per week.

As you can see with this diet, your lift numbers will go up like crazy. My deadlift is at about 1300lb,I also squat about 1200lb for reps. Sorry i cant post a video, i dont squat or deadlift anymore since i dont want to hurt my knees/back.

Now if you are extreme abotu this, have a friend do this diet with you. He can row while you bench and vice versa. You will get your back workout while you spot, and everything else while you bench. No need for squats if you actually try this crazy variation, your legs will grow automatically.

BONUS: Talk to your friends on the phone after sets so you can get some cardio done instead of resting for your next set.

I will compete in the next BB contest and PL contest. Hopefully i will also make it in time for sprink break BOOBIES.

super size shake, my mcdonalds dosnt do that any more and i dont like people rubbing that in my face. i miss my super size chocalte shake.

Don’t forget the nitric oxide!!!

Feel DA BURN and DA PUMP!

[quote]matso1236 wrote:
This is actually a diet i’ve been following for at least 3 years, and i would suggest a Angus 3rd pounder for the bacon so we get some extra protein, and if you make it there in the morning get some of the egg in the biscuits, but only if you are training for supermass. I would suggest you do 1/16th squats so you dont lose the abs while bulking. If you do an extra set of preacher curls your bicep grows about an inch per week.

As you can see with this diet, your lift numbers will go up like crazy. My deadlift is at about 1300lb,I also squat about 1200lb for reps. Sorry i cant post a video, i dont squat or deadlift anymore since i dont want to hurt my knees/back.

Now if you are extreme abotu this, have a friend do this diet with you. He can row while you bench and vice versa. You will get your back workout while you spot, and everything else while you bench. No need for squats if you actually try this crazy variation, your legs will grow automatically.

BONUS: Talk to your friends on the phone after sets so you can get some cardio done instead of resting for your next set.

I will compete in the next BB contest and PL contest. Hopefully i will also make it in time for sprink break BOOBIES. [/quote]

LOL!

You’ll be on your way to looking like even more of a “retarded caveman” freak than Branch Warren has become.

BEEEEFFFF CAAAAKKKEEE!!!

Lots of people trying to be funny, not a lot of funny present.

lolz ghey shoe src

I agree on the Wendy’s Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, but the tomatoes are just excess calories. Mix-N-Match Frosties with Reese’s are highly anti-catabolic, with all teh milk and peanut butter!!1

Fun-Dip PWO for simple sugars???/

pressdowns are bad for your shoulders, switch to kickbacks and pump it up to the next level

It’s not uncommon for me to be eating a double cheeseburger as I’m walking to the gym.

Just sayin’…

a quarter box of chicken fingers is like 60grams of protein 100grams of carbs and like 1000 calories, dirty food has its place, if you are training heavy and hard enough

i recently ran out of Surge for my pwo shake, is a triple-thick shake from mcd’s an acceptable replacement? i am on a carb/simple sugar cycle. there is plenty of milk in the triple-thick, so it must be a good source of protein, right?