McDonald Worker Arrested

NWA lyrics come to mind…

[quote]JD430 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
the cook may have done it b/c he was a cop in which case she needed more time in jail.

he was served through drive thru. She couldn’t have known it was a cop. Re-read the article.

Not necessarily true. Many McDonald’s are very small and she may have seen him pull up to the drive-thru and is playing dumb now. She may have heard him speaking over the microphone and recognized the background chatter of a radio or scanner.

Of course, I’m playing devil’s advocate here. I think this guy probably way over-reacted and could have handled this differently.

One thing that struck me as strange was the fact that she spills a whole container of salt on a food item but serves it up anyway. Why not just pitch the thing and make another one?
Unless you want a way to screw with a cop and still have an excuse if you get caught. At least it wasn’t rat poison. That happened at a Mcdonald’s some years back and the two sheriff’s deputies that ate it nearly died. Maybe you can have some understanding why the police would be sensitive to this kind of thing.

Of course, I cant explain why the cop ate the whole damn thing and how it made him “sick”(instant high blood pressure?)

[/quote]

Obviously the meat was prepared before the cop showed up. There’s no way she knew it was going to be served to a cop. On top of that,she told her supervisor that she spilled salt on the meat. The supervisor authorized her to prepare it anyways.

I understand cops being sensitive to that…hell as a jailer for sheriff department in my hometown…I totally understand. Its absurd how he reacted. There’s no arguing against that. He insists that she put more than salt in it because it made him sick…crazy.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
NWA lyrics come to mind…[/quote]

LOL! Indeed! If there’s anyone who had a legitimate grievance against “the system,” it’s 5 affluent guys gaining riches off of a basically Dionysian lifestyle!

I like how the cop complains about salt content while downing trans fats. What a stupid fucking pig.

Anyway, this charge better be thrown out the window. This is so ridiculously asinine it’s beyond absurd.

For the record, I worked at McDonalds for 9 months immediately after I turned 16. I was good friends with half the crew, we were all young guys and none of us ever did anything to the food, cops included(even though we hated cops). You see the shit on television shows but it doesn’t really happen. Haven’t any of you worked for fast food before?

Apparently reading comprehension is not everyone’s bag around here. Yes the cop probably overreacted, but we cannot assume that the woman is telling the true story. We only have her side here. Everyone seems to go with the assumption that this woman who we cannot even speak to in person (it would help in getting a feel for her attitude and demeanor, which may shed light on whether she is lieing or not) is telling the truth.

The cop ate a hamburger and spontaneously got sick. Until the lab tests get back there is no telling if salt was the only contaminent. There could have been other things added, or the meat could have spoiled (not the cook’s fault). Presumably the cop has had McDonald’s before and does not normally get spontaneously sick.

No the grill cook normally does not see the person in the drive-thru but it would certainly be easy enough to find out it was a cop. There could have been a window to the outside. The grill team sometimes wears the same headphones that the drive-thru crew wears so that they get the order faster and so they can communicate with other crew.

It would be possible for the drive-thru person to step into the grill area and tell the cook that it is a cop. Perhaps they both are friends and share bad feelings towards cops.

I am NOT presuming any of that is the case, but I think that we cannot presume that it is NOT the case either.

The journalist intentionally has written the story to make YOU the reader read “Poor victim arrested for oversalting burger” when the article really is more along the lines of “Woman under suspicion of making cop sick”. Stop playing into the media’s hands.

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
Apparently reading comprehension is not everyone’s bag around here. Yes the cop probably overreacted, but we cannot assume that the woman is telling the true story. We only have her side here. Everyone seems to go with the assumption that this woman who we cannot even speak to in person (it would help in getting a feel for her attitude and demeanor, which may shed light on whether she is lieing or not) is telling the truth.

The cop ate a hamburger and spontaneously got sick. Until the lab tests get back there is no telling if salt was the only contaminent. There could have been other things added, or the meat could have spoiled (not the cook’s fault). Presumably the cop has had McDonald’s before and does not normally get spontaneously sick.

No the grill cook normally does not see the person in the drive-thru but it would certainly be easy enough to find out it was a cop. There could have been a window to the outside. The grill team sometimes wears the same headphones that the drive-thru crew wears so that they get the order faster and so they can communicate with other crew.

It would be possible for the drive-thru person to step into the grill area and tell the cook that it is a cop. Perhaps they both are friends and share bad feelings towards cops.

I am NOT presuming any of that is the case, but I think that we cannot presume that it is NOT the case either.

The journalist intentionally has written the story to make YOU the reader read “Poor victim arrested for oversalting burger” when the article really is more along the lines of “Woman under suspicion of making cop sick”. Stop playing into the media’s hands.[/quote]

The majority is discussing what you’ve just already agreed with…the cop overreacting. Apparently humility is not your bag. But I do agree with your post though. Thanks.

The journalist intentionally has written the story to make YOU the reader read “Poor victim arrested for oversalting burger” when the article really is more along the lines of “Woman under suspicion of making cop sick”. Stop playing into the media’s hands.[/quote]

I agree with you Moon

This is what I meant about, “how do we know if she actually ate the burger” and also about waiting for the test results.

I don’t know if the cop overreacted. I think maybe if I ate something and got sick immediately I would be pretty pissed.

I am glad that Inner Hulk posted though about most food workers having integrity and not defiling the food.

I hope this case gets dismissed, this is ridiculous. Cops should be doing better things with their time, like catching robbers and murderers, not harassing McDonalds employees.

The cop could have waited until the burger results came back before pressing charges…

[quote]JD430 wrote:
One thing that struck me as strange was the fact that she spills a whole container of salt on a food item but serves it up anyway. Why not just pitch the thing and make another one?
[/quote]

Because animals died to make those burgers. Their carcasses must be honored!

Moon Knight, I think most of us can read the news story just fine. You’re just sad that we aren’t rallying behind our heroic law enforcement officials and giving dirty looks to the girl serving us Big Macs. Why don’t you go to the local Dunkin’ Donuts to see if the cops overreact to too much sugar being added to their donuts?

Apparently reading comprehension is not everyone’s bag around here. Yes the cop probably overreacted, but we cannot assume that the woman is telling the true story. We only have her side here.

Everyone seems to go with the assumption that this woman who we cannot even speak to in person (it would help in getting a feel for her attitude and demeanor, which may shed light on whether she is lieing or not) is telling the truth.

Pretty good post.

I get the feeling that some of the guys here refuse to consider the other side of this. The article was certainly written with an endgame in mind without a complete presentation of the facts.

For what it is worth, this is what I would have done:

A.Not eat McDonald’s hamburgers

B. Barring A, gone and talked to the manager, at most. Probably just thrown the damn thing out and chalked it up to some vindictive bitch trying to get one over on me. honestly, telling the manager what happened wouldn’t get much done. I don’t eat at McDonalds but I have had to deal with store managers during investigations. I have not found them to be helpful…

C.If I seriously got ill and needed to go to the hospital(which would be real serious for me as I hate hospitals), I would make sure an investigation was started and the employees involved with that burger preparation were identified, should lab tests come back with something insidious(like vroom suggestes). Then we would start looking to prosecute.

I cant believe I just spent time explaining how I would handle an oversalted burger.

As a postscript, I am not dumping tons of sugar in my coffee in Dunknin Donuts or any other such stereotypical crap. I make all the sacrifices(and then some) that the guys on this forum do who are actually athletes or seriously train.

This story sounds fishy to me; it just doesn’t make sense.

On the other hand…I’ve read articles claiming that a high percentage of fast-food employeea either spit, urinate, or purposely sneeze into the food when nobody is looking.

I have worked in food places before and never saw any spitting or gross things done to the food. However a friend of mine worked at Wendy’s for several months and told me things he would do that made me want to swear off that particular Wendy’s for the rest of my life.

Things do happen sometimes, maybe because you were a dick to person taking your order, maybe because the person hates cops, maybe because the person is just a psycho(my friend ha).

Also, who here has never gotten sick from fast food?

Everyone’s gotten sick from fast food one time or another, IT’S FAST FOOD for fucks sake.

If you get sick from that McChicekn do you call the police? No, because you’re smart enough to realize you just ate pure crap from McDonalds.

This cop is such a piece of shit. I hope he loses his job, spends all his savings trying to stay afloat, hits a low and has to work at McDonalds and is arrested when some other moron pig complains about the salt content.

That’d be justice.

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:
This story sounds fishy to me; it just doesn’t make sense.

On the other hand…I’ve read articles claiming that a high percentage of fast-food employeea either spit, urinate, or purposely sneeze into the food when nobody is looking.[/quote]

Did ya ever wonder what the “special sauce” was?

That recipe’s not hard to come by.

Let me put this out there from the start. I am a police officer. I don’t know if any other officers have replied but not identified themselves. This is just my opinion and not of the law enforcement community.

First of all, none of us were there and know what was said but just from reading the news story on face value it appears that the officer may have overreacted. Police reports on open cases aren’t typically released to the media. We are getting the story from the suspect. It’s really not far fetched for people to lie to the police. What if they put something else on the burger that wasn’t salt but said it was salt. I would imagine that I would spit out an extra salty burger after one bite. Maybe the officer spoke to another co-worker who told the truth that the girl knew the burger was for an officer and she did it intentionally and they all had a good laugh until the officer came back. We just don’t know what happened.

Even if they didn’t know it was for an officer and it was pre-prepared the fact of the matter is that it is against Georgia law to prepare food "“without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it.” Bull admitted to knowing that she spilled a large amount of salt on the burger and tried to flick it off. For crying out loud throw the burger away or at least rinse it off. Her and the managers actions fit the elements of the crime. Do we not all agree that we need laws like this? Wouldn’t you want to pull a “Farva” and strangle someone who messed with your food. That’s just nasty. It’s just unfortunate that the restaurant did it to someone who could do something about it on the spot.

With all that being said I agree that the officer should have only identified the employees and filed the case at large based upon the lab results but because the officer made the decision to arrest the girl who absolutely violated the law as it’s written shouldn’t open him up to ridicule and name calling. There are “bozos” in every line of work. The officer did not abuse his power. The girl shouldn’t have served the burger to anybody, even a homeless person off the street begging for food.

Few people who seek positions of authority are qualified to hold them.

I guess they didn’t serve Liter Colas.

In my town alone, fast food workers at several different chains were charged and convicted of tampering with food. A woman at a Taco Bell was caught spitting in sodas. The Wendy’s was serving burgers with fecal matter. An employee urinated in the eggs at a breakfast buffet.

Everyone focuses on the bad seeds in law enforcement, but it’s likely the worker was in error. Idiot high-schoolers and obese dimwits are working minimum wage for a reason, little surprise that they might unleash their hijinks (and sometimes justifiable based on patron attitudes) on others.