McCain vs Misleading Ads?

Should McCain’ campaign ask state law enforcement agencies to target anyone running misleading ads, or spreading lies, about him and his campaign?

Well, Obama’s doing it:

http://pajamasmedia.com/rogerkimball/2008/09/26/obamas-truth-squads-or-remember-the-first-amendment/

To what end?

Both sides in almost ALL political campaigns run misleading ads. (This campaign has certainly seen plenty from both sides).

Mufasa

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:
Well, Obama’s doing it:

http://pajamasmedia.com/rogerkimball/2008/09/26/obamas-truth-squads-or-remember-the-first-amendment/
[/quote]

You spoiled it! Heh.

Okay…

Let me get this right.

“Top” Prosecuters in a Conservative State are going to suppress Free Speech?

(Well…they are supporting a Marxist; so maybe it IS true, right?)

My head hurts.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Okay…

Let me get this right.

“Top” Prosecuters in a Conservative State are going to suppress Free Speech?

(Well…they are supporting a Marxist; so maybe it IS true, right?)

My head hurts.

Mufasa

[/quote]

Eh?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Should McCain’ campaign ask state law enforcement agencies to target anyone running misleading ads, or spreading lies, about him and his campaign?[/quote]

Are you saying you want McCain arrested? This idea was designed and built by Karl Rove and is heavily employed by both sides. Or are you so ignorant to suggest that only the Democrats are doing this and the racist muslim drivel coming from McCain is credable? Freedom of Speech covers this (right or wrong) and people like you.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Should McCain’ campaign ask state law enforcement agencies to target anyone running misleading ads, or spreading lies, about him and his campaign?[/quote]

Are you saying you want McCain arrested? This idea was designed and built by Karl Rove and is heavily employed by both sides. Or are you so ignorant to suggest that only the Democrats are doing this and the racist muslim drivel coming from McCain is credable? Freedom of Speech covers this (right or wrong) and people like you.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
Well, Obama’s doing it:

You spoiled it! Heh.[/quote]

ooops, sorry Sloth! :frowning:

Brookings seems to think that the attacks are at an all time “low”

http://www.brookings.edu/opinions/2008/0916_campaignads_west.aspx

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Should McCain’ campaign ask state law enforcement agencies to target anyone running misleading ads, or spreading lies, about him and his campaign?

[/quote]

So… politicians didn’t lie before Karl?

DAMN YOUR ROVE! DAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOU!!!

Sloth wrote:

[/quote]

what racist muslim drivel is coming from McCain?

Sloth wrote:

[/quote]

No idea what you’re trying to say.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
Sloth wrote:

No idea what you’re trying to say. [/quote]

This thread has gone hilariously awry.

Sloth wrote:

[/quote]

LOL! This is some seriously funny shit!

Anybody who bases their vote on campaign ads should be shot at dawn.

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:
Sloth wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
Well, Obama’s doing it:

You spoiled it! Heh.

ooops, sorry Sloth! :([/quote]

Heh. No problem. Was going to wait to see how many dems called me a typical 1st amendment hating fascist Republican. After a number of such replies I was going to link the story, and see if attitudes changed because Obama’s campaign was doing this.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
Sloth wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
Well, Obama’s doing it:

You spoiled it! Heh.

ooops, sorry Sloth! :frowning:

Heh. No problem. Was going to wait to see how many dems called me a typical 1st amendment hating fascist Republican. After a number of such replies I was going to link the story, and see if attitudes changed because Obama’s campaign was doing this. [/quote]

Yeah & dumbass (that would be me) fucked it up :slight_smile:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Anybody who bases their vote on campaign ads should be shot at dawn.[/quote]

Amen…and on to something more important than this bullshit election. Linstrom already took a puck to the face and copped a broken nose. Is he ready for the season or what? October 4th is a helluva lot more meaningful than November 4th.