T Nation

Mccain Overly Superstitious

It seems Mccain takes superstition to a new level.

McCain has a whole slew of superstitions and rituals, many stemming from his days as a Navy fighter pilot, a notoriously superstitious bunch. He won’t throw a hat on a bed (bad luck), and he carries a lucky feather, a lucky compass, and a lucky penny and nickel, and quarter.

McCain also carries a nickel he found outside his Columbia, S.C., hotel just before the primary there (and his second primary win gave him momentum into Florida, ending the race).

He’s also got a quarter in there, “but I think he just found that on the ground,” Buchanan said. “It’s always what he finds heads up.” Still, it’s what she called a “a lucky drummer boy quarter” a 1976 commemorative quarter for the bicentennial.

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/joecurl/2008/04/mccain_triskaidekaphobic_1.html

Isn’t the fable “throw a hat on the bed, woolly mammoth make you dead?”

http://www.echlgoalies.com/superstitions.html

Seems like a pretty well-established level of superstition to me.

Boy, could I give a shit…

Lots of presidents have been superstitious. Bill Clinton used to whip out his penis whenever he found an intern under his desk.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Lots of presidents have been superstitious. Bill Clinton used to whip out his penis whenever he found an intern under his desk.[/quote]

And Ben Franklins teeth were made out of wool.

An old overly superstitious president kind of reminds me of Ronald Reagen.

The idea of the president running the country based on astrology is a very scary thing.

Baseball players don’t wash their socks after a good game. So The Fuck What.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
C
An old overly superstitious president kind of reminds me of Ronald Reagen.

The idea of the president running the country based on astrology is a very scary thing. [/quote]

Who cares?

When I played sports, I had all kinds of useless superstitious rituals.

McCain isn’t going to run policy on “astrology” - asinine.

In that case I provide you with this research my silly superstitous loving T-Nation readers.

Based on non-partisan research of the fifty-five United States presidential elections to date and the astrological signs of each winning candidate through the years, ZODIAC Vodka, a luxury potato vodka handcrafted and distilled in Idaho, USA, has concluded that the Leo, Barack Obama, will defeat the Scorpio, Hillary Clinton for the democratic nomination, as well as, the Virgo, John McCain in the general election. �?�

Welcome your new president, Barack.