T Nation

McCain on SNL

I thought he did a good job here both in being funny and appearing human. Given the harm he seems to have caused himself among independents in the past month by attacking so much on character issues (at least according to the polling data),

I think he probably would’ve been a little better served with a broadly likable performance like this a week or two earlier.

Given the rumored tension between him and Palin I couldn’t help but wonder what was going through his mind during Tina Fey’s stuff.

[quote]etaco wrote:

I thought he did a good job here both in being funny and appearing human. Given the harm he seems to have caused himself among independents in the past month by attacking so much on character issues (at least according to the polling data),

I think he probably would’ve been a little better served with a broadly likable performance like this a week or two earlier.

Given the rumored tension between him and Palin I couldn’t help but wonder what was going through his mind during Tina Fey’s stuff.[/quote]

I just can’t get over serious candidates for president going on shows like SNL, Letterman, Leno, The View, Elen, etc. I don’t really have a rational explanation for why this bothers me, but it does. Maybe it’s that this is the only way to garner any kind of attention from most of the country?