T Nation

McCain for VP

“Do you know why Chelsea Clinton is so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father.” – John McCain

• Leonardo DiCaprio is “an androgynous wimp.” – McCain.

Alright, so there’s plenty of dirt on McCain for pro-bush folks to throw out, but how can you not like those quotes?

I don’t mind the speculation about this, because in effect, it’s almost like a McCain endorsement of Kerry. Just the fact that McCain could possibly consider it also means that McCain could conceivably prefer Kerry over Bush. That’s going to send a signal to a lot of the undecided voters and moderate Republicans that switching over for Kerry isn’t a huge stretch.

“I don’t mind the speculation about this, because in effect, it’s almost like a McCain endorsement of Kerry. Just the fact that McCain could possibly consider it also means that McCain could conceivably prefer Kerry over Bush. That’s going to send a signal to a lot of the undecided voters and moderate Republicans that switching over for Kerry isn’t a huge stretch.”

I wanted to highlight this post for all to see. It made me laugh out loud. Like all politicos, McCain likes headlines. By making one ambiguous retort about the V.P. (which he repudiated the same day) perhaps he was trying to get some of the national spotlight for his own fiscal agenda. He has stated publically that he believes in George W. Bush and will vote for him.

Besides, John Kerry is not a viable alternative. He’s not even worth discussing in a serious way. If you are not a rabid Anti-Bush hater, there is NO WAY you would turn to John Kerry.

Jeff