McCain Diagnosed with Aggressive Brain Cancer

Don’t be afraid of the boogieman monopolies. They derive power from the people, like everything else.

Does this make it right?

The industry can’t make nearly or any money from prescribing a diet but they can make a ton poisoning and burning people, so why change? Gotta make another buck. It’s the American way. Wholesome like Chevy’s, baseball and apple pies. Glutamine is another big fuel source for cancer cells.

How much glucose is produced by gluconeogenesis? Cancer cells have another main fuel called glutamine.

In summary, the LCKD had positive effects on body weight, waist measurement, serum triglycerides, and glycemic control in a cohort of 21 participants with type 2 diabetes.

This can’t be true according to some of the morons who post in this forum as this suggests that food is information and the type of food you eat can make the difference. Plenty of idiots on this forum think it’s all about calories in vs. calories out.

Dr. Valter Luongo (yes, with a “v”) is an oncologist who advocates a “fasting mimicking diet” with cancer therapy. He doesn’t advocate very loudly, so as to not piss off the establishment. Dr. Rhonda Patrick interviewed him and he gives a very detailed explanation on her FoundMyFitness podcast. You can find it on youTube with a quick search (meaning I’m too lazy to copy the link.)

Before listening to Rhonda, you better be willing to sit through a lot of detailed cellular biochemistry, like the role of nrf2 receptors with isothiocyanates. :slight_smile:

Luongo says he knows its hard for people to just fast, so he created a separate company to distributed his FMD, since it would be easier for patients to buy the right food. So I guess he can make $ with it, unless the company is not for profit.

I can’t dumb it down any further for you…

1 Like

Well no. Food is stored chemical energy. That’s why we eat it. The most important thing about keto is it makes being hypocaloric easier. Any time you’re hypocaloric for an extended period of time all of your blood markers get better. See below for a nutritionist who improved all of his blood markers eating Twinkies and hostess products while losing 30 lbs as an experiment.

I hate that guy…that was one of the very worst publicity bits ever devised for getting people healthy.

What they didn’t say in that article was that Haub was a walking zombie for much of the diet, had trouble concentrating in his lectures and other stuff. He also lost 5 lb of lean mass, which is frankly unacceptable going from 33% fat to 25% fat. That’s…terrible.

1 Like

It wasn’t meant as a publicity stunt. The nutrition professor wanted his students to predict what would happen if he got 80% of his calories from hfcs and hydrogenated oils. It was an experiment. They were shocked to find that things didn’t get worse. The student newspaper interviewed him and labeled it the “Twinkie Diet” and off to the races the story went.

If you listen to his interview below he recommends that nobody should eat like this. It was an experiment, not a diet he’s selling lol. I hope he lost 5lbs of lbm. He didn’t lift, at all, ever. If he didn’t lose some lbm cutting I’d be jealous.

So the media mischaracterized this story.

https://www.biolayne.com/media/podcasts/physique-science-radio-episode-15-dr-mark-haub-the-twinkie-diet-professor/

1 Like

Didn’t know that. Fascinating how happy people were to report his diet as a success.

1 Like

No way dude. Don’t ya know that only synthetic drugs that have clinical trials count. Nature is a phony.

Just about everything you’ve said in the last post can be turned around on you. And it was exposing your hypocrisy. Moron.

“There are things we can’t measure,” said Blatner, questioning how the lack of fruits and vegetables could affect long-term health. “How much does that affect the risk for cancer? We can’t measure how diet changes affect our health.”

So one person looses weight in a 10 week period and that is proof of calories in vs. calories out?
What does this 1 person experiment say about long term health? So I guess the meteoric rise in Type 2 diabetes is caused by too many calories in and the restoration of normal blood sugars is mainly due to restriction of calories and more exercise?

Sure, boss.

1 Like

No. There is absolutely no question that energy balance is the most important component of body weight. 100% of holocaust survivors lost weight, nobody stayed fat and cursed their genetics.

If you look at a country by country list of calorie intake per person and then a list of average bodyweight you’ll find the countries that eat the most calories are also the heaviest. You don’t need anecdotal proof. It is known.

As to whether caloric restriction reduces metabolic disease and extends lifespan: we know it does in every species scientists studied.

http://m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/3/361.full

Obviously starving humans for decades has a few ethical drawbacks. An interesting study found that caloric restricting people for 5 days per month (1,100 for one day 700 for the next 4) improved every single health marker they measured (BMI, IGF-1, triglycerides, cholesterol, blood sugar etc…). Subjects ate whatever they wanted the other 3 weeks per month. This lines up with all the other research on fasting and caloric restriction.

http://stm.sciencemag.org/content/9/377/eaai8700

How do you loose weight?

Like I said, everything you say can be turned around on you to prove my point.

Like I’ve said the kind of food you eat, with all other things like calories being equal, is more important. Yes you can loose weight when going into calorie deficiency as his experiment shows. But what would have happened if he ate those foods in consistency with the calories he was used to? And what would have happened if he ate foods that were very low in sugar and high in healthy fats in the same amount of calories?

Lol, Jesus…

Let me respond to this before I loose my train of thought. NO ONE HAS EVER SAID ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY.

I just love how you throw in:

No fucking shit. How many times did I post that god damn triangle for you? 5x? 8x? You are a special kind of clown, man.

NO ONE HAS EVER SAID ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY.

Actually that is not true. I was told it is simply a matter of calories in vs. calories out. Obviously this person has a very outdated knowledge of diet.