McCain Diagnosed with Aggressive Brain Cancer

From directly below the link in the article-

Received: 27 June 2017; Accepted: 24 August 2017;

Published: 19 September 2017

But since “legalization” has been an incremental process that has occurred to varying degrees at different times and places, you may want to clarify what you mean by before or after legalization.

Where are those stats? And are you sure it’s the first time they’ve done it?

Then what are they?

Again disingenuous–this was a MOUSE STUDY. No humans involved.

2 Likes

This really takes the fucking cake of stupid. You cited a website who is citing a 1969 presentation. Not a study, a presentation. Gee, it’s only 50 years old, nothing could POSSIBLY change in 50 years worth of research and advancement. But they didn’t even put it in the bibliography at the end of the shady skeez piece “article”–their ONLY references were self citing BS from the website.

Incidentally, here’s Snopes:

[quote] the key information that none of these alternative health sites presented regarding Dr. Hardin’s statements on the efficacy of chemotherapy was that they were based on work published in the Transactions of the New York Academy of Sciences way back in 1956, and a paper (not a study) titled “A Report on Cancer” that he presented at a science writers’ conference on 7 March 1969. All of this material is fifty to sixty years out of date, and Hardin himself passed away in 1978, so even if he had researched cancer and chemotherapy until his dying days, all of his findings would now be upwards of forty years old. In the field of medical science that’s a huge time difference, as exemplified by the plethora of now standard medical technologies that didn’t emerge until 1978 or later: in vitro fertilization, MRI machines, the identification of HIV, hepatitis vaccines, the first draft of the human genome, etc.

But even back in the 1950s and 1960s, Dr. Hardin’s conclusions were highly questionable due to his use of old and flawed studies as their basis[/quote]

That’s shady as fuck and also scientifically illiterate.

5 Likes

Lol, wow…

1 Like

@Zeppelin795 call your office.

1 Like

I’m not claiming or saying that people shouldn’t have the right to choose. Indeed, I’m trying to expand choice. So if people want to try the KD instead of the standard therapies and their awful track record and side effects they ought to have that choice. This information should be out front readily available. Not people having to do research to find out about it.

So what are the conclusions of said trials and what do you attribute the lack of studies in the U.S. and the length of time it took for them to commence?

No I do not trust Big Pharma at all as their main goal is profit at any cost. However, if the public could not get anything until the science community figured it out via clinical trials, medicinal marijuana would never have been possible and tens of thousands of people would be suffering. And they would be forced to take the garbage synthetic drugs sold by Big Pharma. Which is just what Big Pharma wants. Do you think this is warranted?

If it works, prove it. Amazing that the people on this forum do not give major creedence to folks who say they’ve been helped from a therapy that hasn’t been confirmed by clinical trials. So all those people who’ve claimed to be helped by medicinal marijuana and stem cells are lying, imaging or are just outliers?

Innovation and research in high public healthcare sectors move at a crawl compared to countries like the US. Big Pharma means big research dollars. Once it’s public you have to fight for the budget with Americans. That doesn’t go well.

If this is true it is not translating to longer healthier lives.

To claim that your ridiculous example of kiwis compares to other treatments like the KD, medicinal marijuana and stem cells is beyond moronic.

Once again jackass my screenshot proves my search. Should I have any reason not to believe it? Should this search on clinicaltrials.gov prompted me to search further? Should I not believe the search?

So provide them with the information needed to make a smart decision.

Clinical trials WERE run on marijuana before it was made legal in EU countries. You just don’t know what you’re talking about. They ran tons of them.

I once met a woman who underwent conventional treatment for cancer, and after it was successful, she attributed her recovery to God, and not to the chemo.

People don’t trust random strangers saying it helped them because the average person is a fucking idiot, and has no idea whether or not something actually helped.

Why is it ridiculous when we both have the same amount of proof?

It was 1st legalized in 96’ in California. I sincerely doubt any clinical trials were done in the U.S. before. If so, prove it.

I have already linked those stats or provided an article which has a link within it. You can search for it if you like.

Jesus H. There are TWO studies listed on clinictrials.gov for Breast Cancer and Ketogenic Diet. YOU FUCKED THE SEARCH UP BECAUSE YOU’RE A FUCKING MORON.

Maybe it was a mouse study but it is promising. Professor Seyfried has already seen the effects on humans who have tried the therapy. We already know the side effects and awful track record of the standard of care. What does a person have to loose?

No doubt info that old should be viewed as suspect. However, if technology and cancer treatments have advanced so far, tell me why it is the 2nd top killer in the U.S.?

Because so many people get it!!! Seriously, how is that hard??

Yeah? What studies are those? What stats did he present?

People have to die of SOMETHING, lol. We’re kind of past the time when wars and things like the plague wiped out half of entire generations.

1 Like

But what about all those advancements? If they were so incredible then cancer would not be the 2nd top killer. How hard is that to understand??

He may or may not have done studies on humans but has seen the effects on humans and animals. If you want to champion chemo and radiation, then go ahead. The horrible results are there for everyone to see over decades. People ought to have the choice and this therapy should be more promoted so that others are aware of it. Standard of Care treatments have failed, big time. Nixon was President when he declared a War on Cancer. That was over 45 years ago. How much money has been spent on “research”? Those people shouldn’t get one more penny as they have failed horribly. Another group of practitioners should be given the chance. The profit motive ought to be taken out, so that is not their primary concern. A well run government would do a much better job as profits at any cost is not their concern. They don’t have to listen to Wall Street

Scholarly articles written on the subject.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213231714000925

I can’t even with you. I asked you for stats. What are the stats he presented on treatments with ketogenic diets?

It is already well, WELL known that cancer cells have abnormal metabolism in numerous ways. YOU are suggesting that people stop or avoid standard therapy in favor of a diet. RESEARCHERS are floating the POSSIBILITY that a low carbohydrate diet can be used IN ADDITION TO standard therapies.

Completely different worlds.

1 Like

Might as well have chosen to declare war on rain, entropy, plate tectonics, or any other natural process.

In reality though- that is called a bureaucratic stratagem. Its a wonderful way to create a bottomless money pit and throw around an unlimited amount of public monies, because anybody that thinks that they can keep the trillions of trillions of cells that are produced in the human body from going rogue is optimistic beyond reason.

2 Likes

Keep recommending chemo/radiation. It’s horrible track record and awful side effects are there for anyone to see. What are the side effects from a keto diet? Do they even come close to the standard treatments of care?

The stats for the ketogenic diet may not be in but the stats for chemo/radiation are. Care to share their stellar results?

There are researchers who mainly recommend the KD over and above the standard treatments of care.

Dr. Richard Burt of NorthWestern University has been doing research on stem cells for quite some time. He uses low dosages of chemo. It is odd that in America stem cells are used with chemo while in Panama and other countries it is not. Why?

Odd that chemo would be used with KD in terms of research. How about using a KD without chemo? Is this a ploy by pharmaceutical co.'s to be in the loop to make some money. Better to make some than none.