McCain Diagnosed with Aggressive Brain Cancer

download (6)

1 Like

So Big Pharma does not have a financial interest in suppressing evidence of other treatments that may compete with theirs?

Why would they when they can just rebrand and sell it to people like you under the name of a different company?

For the first time researchers looked at the numbers of cancer patients who died within 30 days of starting chemotherapy, which indicates that the medication is the cause of death, rather than the cancer.

But maybe this ought to be disregarded and we should find out for sure if it’s the chemo or cancer? Meanwhile people are dying.

Surviving cancer? All you have to do is make it for 5 years to be listed in that statistic. You can drop dead the following day and it doesn’t change the stat.

How can you preach about something as important as SURVIVING CANCER if you’ve never even seen the stats? I have seen the awful stats produced by he standard treatment of care and know at least a ketogenic diet doesn’t cause similar side effects. Plus you have people like Professor Seyfried talking about his experiences with people who have cancer and have done the ketogenic diet and the benefits received from it without the nasty side effects.

That doesn’t mean conventional treatment killed them. They had terminal cancer. They were going to die with or without it. Did it help? What was the quality of life during that period?

So you don’t actually know if things like a keto diet are more successful at saving lives? If you do, please provide the stats that show this. I’ll join your ranks of hating conventional treatment today. All I ask for is 1 set of stats comparing the 2.

Surely you’ve seen stats comparing the 2 to be this passionate about it right? You wouldn’t possibly hate conventional treatment this much if you didn’t know for sure whether or not it’s the best way, right?

1 Like

Again why not try the ketogenic diet? What does he have to loose? He can contact Professor Seyfried and do some research. It is his life.

Here is a video of Professot Seyfried.

Info on the effects the diet has on malignant tumors and cancer.

Seyfried TN, Sanderson TM, El-Abbadi MM, McGowan R, Mukherjee P: Role of glucose and ketone bodies in the metabolic control of experimental brain cancer. Br J Cancer 2003, 89: 1375-1382. 10.1038/sj.bjc.6601269

It does not identify what kind of cancer it treats.Malignant brain cancer is a generic term. Gliobastoma is the most aggressive.
I do appreciate that you care so much about McCain. He’s a war hero and all around good guy

http://braintumor.org/brain-tumor-information/understanding-brain-tumors/tumor-types/#glioblastoma-multiforme

You can see the devastating stats of conventional treatments. What terrible side effects are caused by the ketogenic diet?

Medicinal marijuana is now legal in over half of the states and still no clinical trials. Am I to believe that the tens of thousands of people who say they are receiving help are either all just lying or they all happen to be outliers?

Wow 1 whole study that isn’t even recruiting yet. The private sector will not fund stuff like this as they cannot make any or very little money from it. It has to come from the public sector but the money must be taken out of healthcare otherwise more people will be bought off and the citizens suffer as a result.

Disingenuous as usual.

Oh, look:

Not saving people from cancer as consistently as traditional treatments. ie, death.

There are an insane number of clinical trials involving weed. Just because they aren’t sponsored by Big Pharma doesn’t mean they don’t exist. As one of T-Nation’s resident potheads, I can almost guarantee I know more about this topic than you do.

Edit: also the biggest piece about weed trials in America revolves around the federal designation, obviously

Of course they can. What do you think an organic superfarm would do with a study that says “keto diets increase chance of surviving cancer.”

I get your issue with USA Big Pharma. What’s the rest of the world’s excuse for not studying this? Why hasn’t EU studied it? How about Asia? Even countries with completely public healthcare aren’t studying it to a level where you can find it.

We also aren’t studying whether or not kiwis cure cancer. Does that mean Big Pharma is out to suppress kiwis?

1 Like

https://www.cannabisscience.com/index.php/news-media/cbis-latest-news/869-cannabis-science-nanoparticle-drones-to-target-lung-cancer-with-radiosensitizers-and-cannabinoids-full-publication-released-today-in-frontiers-in-oncology

There ya go Zep. Follow the link in the article to the study.

Whoa now, that’s like 2 whole steps he’ll have to take
 Best not to ask so much of our friend in the future.

I looked specifically for breast cancer, moron. Take a look. Stupid as usual.

Cool, story. You’re still wrong as usual.

Not saving people from cancer as consistently as chemo? Is that supposed to be some kind of joke? With all the negative side effects.

Are these clinical trials sponsored by Big Pharma or the public sector? And what is your definition of an insane number?

Do you put yourself in the camp of people who believe nothing should be marketed to the public unless there are clinical trials done on it? If so, where were the clinical trials for medicinal marijuana in 1996 when California legalized it?

What do you think an organic superfarm would do with a study that says “keto diets increase chance of surviving cancer.” Maybe you should reach out to them and bring it to their attention. All that money they are missing out on.

Other countries have powerful pharma companies. The information is just getting out there so it’s fairly new. And why should the citizens of this country be held under the boot of Big Pharma, this stuff should already have been studied on a large level. Can’t wait for Medicare-for-All to get here. So the healthcare industry can be run for the people’s health and not for the profits of health insurers and the drug companies. After the health insurers are basically put out of business hopefully Big Pharma is next in the cross hairs.

Who are the groups claiming that kiwis are helping their ailments?

Big Pharma cares 1st about it’s profits and if people have to suffer so they can make more money, than so be it. Profits over people. Why do you think Big Pharma was initially against the legalization of medicinal marijuana? They didn’t want the public to choose it over their drugs. it would cut into their profit margin and we can’t have that. People can suffer that’s too bad we need to make more money.

Wow I’m so impressed. You can see my screenshot from Clinicaltrials.gov. It says 1 study found on breast cancer and ketogenic diet.

Curious when these studies were done. Before or after legalization?

Honestly, it depends on the goal of the patient. I had a relative that got cancer, and just kinda meh’d until it killed him. He didn’t feel like not smoking so he did until he couldn’t anymore.

If you decide your main goal is to not die to cancer, all that matters is which method provides the highest chance of living. It’s stupidly arrogant to presume like you can decide people’s priorities for them.

I mean throughout EU, Canada, etc. Areas with high density of legal recreational have been doing trials on its effects for YEARS. You’re just not looking for them.

In a world where people do shady shit all the time YOU really trust Big Pharma to sell products to the market with zero clinical trials?

We put the same value in clinical trials for conventional as we do your method. If it works, prove it. Don’t sell us a sob story about how Big Pharma won’t let you prove it. If Big Pharma won’t let you prove it, how do you even know it’s true.

Innovation and research in high public healthcare sectors move at a crawl compared to countries like the US. Big Pharma means big research dollars. Once it’s public you have to fight for the budget with Americans. That doesn’t go well.

Me, and I have exactly as much scientific proof as you do. If you have some, please provide it.

Right, there are two. You can’t even do a simple search. Fuck, man

It must have been that the study happened so recently it only recently populated
 that’s gotta be it.

1 Like