T Nation

Mayweather - Guerrero

No one cares

I dont even care shit

http://www.newser.com/article/da5u49ho0/column-bloody-nose-doesnt-stop-mayweather-heading-into-guerrero-fight.html

Good article, but shit its bad when people have to overplay a bloody nose rather than talking about what the opponent could do to him.

Mayweather will win, unless he gets old overnight.

He might have some trouble with him right off the bat - Guerrero throws a lot of punches and is a southpaw - but he doesn’t hit hard enough or move fast enough to cause real problems for a primed up Mayweather.

Again, at 36, the possibility is always there that he fades overnight. But fuck it, who cares.

Couldn’t agree more lads. Total non-event. Another Mayweather win against a guy who can’t match him for any aspect of the sport.

sad that i agree, who fucking cares? now that Pac and Martinez are showing vulnerability/fading a bit, i see no exiting fights out there for Floyd.

i know he already is a millionaire, but if he wanted another big payday he should have sacked up and fought one of those two guys a few years ago.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
sad that i agree, who fucking cares? now that Pac and Martinez are showing vulnerability/fading a bit, i see no exiting fights out there for Floyd.

i know he already is a millionaire, but if he wanted another big payday he should have sacked up and fought one of those two guys a few years ago. [/quote]

I think there are still some exciting fights for Floyd, just none that I think will be made in the next few years.

I’d like to see Canelo fight Mayweather for example.

As for the superfight debacle, thats less to do with floyd sacking up and more to do with the politics that have fucked boxing over for so long now. Floyd aint scared of pac, he put a shutout performance on a man who gives pac nightmares. Floyd made Marquez look amateurish, and marquez is a GREAT fighter. Floyd aint skerred.

As for martinez I never liked that idea. To me its a bit ridiculous, its essentially asking floyd to fight another DLH except this one is faster, stronger and a much better boxer. I don’t think it would be fun to watch because Floyd would have to play it very safe and rightfully so.

i know he already is a millionaire, but if he wanted another big payday he should have sacked up and fought one of those two guys a few years ago. [/quote]

Who said “Klitschko” in the mirror three times?

I agree about the Floyd vs Pac or Martinez, but at the same time I might elect to watch this fight. He is still a great fighter, and I like watching someone that good in the ring.

As for excitement, is there any chance of Guerrero throwing a head or elbow. The last time that happened to Floyd we had some fun on this board.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

I think there are still some exciting fights for Floyd, just none that I think will be made in the next few years.

I’d like to see Canelo fight Mayweather for example.

As for the superfight debacle, thats less to do with floyd sacking up and more to do with the politics that have fucked boxing over for so long now. Floyd aint scared of pac, he put a shutout performance on a man who gives pac nightmares. Floyd made Marquez look amateurish, and marquez is a GREAT fighter. Floyd aint skerred.

As for martinez I never liked that idea. To me its a bit ridiculous, its essentially asking floyd to fight another DLH except this one is faster, stronger and a much better boxer. I don’t think it would be fun to watch because Floyd would have to play it very safe and rightfully so. [/quote]

Tbh, Floyd v Canelo is the only fight I like for Floyd. I think Canelo gives him a really hard time, and has the most potential of any fighter out there to cause an upset. I think Canelo has top drawer potential, and might just be seasoned enough for a guy as young as he is. If Floyd fought Canelo in the next year or so and won, I would take the claims that he belongs in a discussion about the all time greats more seriously.

[quote]Robert A wrote:

Who said “Klitschko” in the mirror three times?

I agree about the Floyd vs Pac or Martinez, but at the same time I might elect to watch this fight. He is still a great fighter, and I like watching someone that good in the ring.

As for excitement, is there any chance of Guerrero throwing a head or elbow. The last time that happened to Floyd we had some fun on this board.

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

No but hopefully Guerrero lands a low blow and papa mayweather rushes into the ring to fight papa guerrero

im the best in the north south east and west, for all the rest there is no contest I must confess

Mayweather KO 11.

I think Canelo is just too big for an aging Floyd at light middleweight. Maybe a few years ago I’d want them to fight, but not now. And I don’t want this fight at welterweight or catchweight (Pac’s favorite weight by the way, lol). Canelo hasn’t fought at welter since 2010

Floyd KO in 10th over the Ghost

Just bleed

Are we allowed to post free streams for people on the boards or is that a no no?

Well…I did not expect Guerrero to fight scared. Terrible performance from him. Except little spurts here and there he fought gun shy from the second round on. I would like to see a Canello fight vs Mayweather.