Mayweather Bash

In the last 7, 8 years hes done as little as possible.

[quote]Deorum wrote:
In the last 7, 8 years hes done as little as possible.[/quote]

Not quite, I’d say since he fought Oscar.

[quote]Deorum wrote:
In the last 7, 8 years hes done as little as possible.[/quote]

and atleast Money fought Delahoya @154 where manny fought a fuckin skeleton…why doesnt anyone call Manny on his bullshit? Yeah hes brave for moving up in weight, but he makes fighters come down and meet him at catch-weights…gay! Manny still has yet to fight as a welter weight.

And whats with this 7 time champion in 7 different weight classes or wutever?..Bull Ass Shit! since when does the IBO and WBO really count?

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
Deorum wrote:
In the last 7, 8 years hes done as little as possible.

and atleast Money fought Delahoya @154 where manny fought a fuckin skeleton…why doesnt anyone call Manny on his bullshit? Yeah hes brave for moving up in weight, but he makes fighters come down and meet him at catch-weights…gay! Manny still has yet to fight as a welter weight.

And whats with this 7 time champion in 7 different weight classes or wutever?..Bull Ass Shit! since when does the IBO and WBO really count?[/quote]

I think the craziest thing is how people complain about Floyd fighting small guys for money when the Manny fight will be him fighting a small guy for money LOL.

I give Manny credit for what he has done but Manny does some bullshit too. Manny fought a washed up Oscar, fought Hatton on his downward spiral, fought Cotto at a low point in his career, and ducked Mosley. You guys need to face it, the days of all the top fighters making it happen doesn’t exist right now. Anyone that didn’t establish themselves in the mid 1990s has probably ducked someone or took a money fight instead of a hard fight.

And he was supposed to do what, Manny fought the best possible.

[quote]drewh wrote:
And he was supposed to do what, Manny fought the best possible.[/quote]

Fight them at their real weight! Prob wouldnt have made a difference in the out come, but atleast show respect to Cotto and fight him for his belt at his weight. right?

Anyways u completley miss the point. Pac wont fight these guys at their real weight, its always at a catch-weight. Freddy trys to protect Pac too damn much. Guaranteed these last 3 or 4 fights dont happen unless the fighters agree to come down.

So wuts the difference between him and Mayweather now? I sure as hell bet Floyd would fight Paul Williams if Williams agreed to overtrain and fight at 142-44

[quote]drewh wrote:
And he was supposed to do what, Manny fought the best possible.[/quote]

Mosley was begging for a fight and Pacquiao copped out. Arum/Pacquiao just wanted to brush him off. He fought a washed up Oscar, end of his career Hatton, and a Cotto that’s at a low point in his career. Pacquiao is just as guilty as treating boxing like a business as Floyd is, since Manny is just now becoming mainstream and making a name people try to act like it’s different though. Oh, Pacquiao ducked Marquez too.

You guys can say whatever you want about Floyd, you just need to realize he’s not the only person playing the game.

[quote]goldengloves wrote:
drewh wrote:

Mosley was begging for a fight and Pacquiao copped out. Arum/Pacquiao just wanted to brush him off. He fought a washed up Oscar, end of his career Hatton, and a Cotto that’s at a low point in his career. Pacquiao is just as guilty as treating boxing like a business as Floyd is, since Manny is just now becoming mainstream and making a name people try to act like it’s different though. Oh, Pacquiao ducked Marquez too.

You guys can say whatever you want about Floyd, you just need to realize he’s not the only person playing the game. [/quote]

Roach has already said if the Mayweather fight doesn’t go through, Mosley would most likely be the target. I bet if Pac does fight Mosley, and if he wins, you’ll say Pac beat a washed up Mosley.

Nobody on this forum was saying Cotto was at a low point in his career before Pac destroyed him. Weren’t you saying he would easily beat Pac? He just beat Clottey, who’s pretty good.

End of career Hatton? He’s had less pro fights than Pac and is only a year older. Do you think Hatton, at any point in his career, could beat Pac? If you’re a real boxing fan, you know he’d have no chance.

When did Manny duck Marquez? You know they fought twice right?

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
drewh wrote:

Fight them at their real weight! Prob wouldnt have made a difference in the out come, but atleast show respect to Cotto and fight him for his belt at his weight. right?

Anyways u completley miss the point. Pac wont fight these guys at their real weight, its always at a catch-weight. Freddy trys to protect Pac too damn much. Guaranteed these last 3 or 4 fights dont happen unless the fighters agree to come down.

So wuts the difference between him and Mayweather now? I sure as hell bet Floyd would fight Paul Williams if Williams agreed to overtrain and fight at 142-44[/quote]

Cotto didn’t have to agree to the catch weight but he did. It’s on him.

[quote]Reef wrote:
goldengloves wrote:
drewh wrote:

You guys can say whatever you want about Floyd, you just need to realize he’s not the only person playing the game.

Roach has already said if the Mayweather fight doesn’t go through, Mosley would most likely be the target. I bet if Pac does fight Mosley, and if he wins, you’ll say Pac beat a washed up Mosley.

Nobody on this forum was saying Cotto was at a low point in his career before Pac destroyed him. Weren’t you saying he would easily beat Pac? He just beat Clottey, who’s pretty good.

End of career Hatton? Do you think Hatton, at any point in his career, could beat Pac? If you’re a real boxing fan, you know he’d have no chance.

[/quote]
ur still ignoring the fact that Manny only fights welterweights on HIS terms. He HAS to have catch-weights and every advantage has to be in his favor. No one said Manny sucks he is a great fighter, u just need to realize he does the same shit Floyd does but no one says anything. Why? cuz hes humble and not a loud mouth, but does that excuse the fact hes the welterweight champ and has never fought in the welterweight division? 147 is welter weight not 142 or 144.

If this fight doesnt go through because Manny wont Fight at 147, than ur boy is ducking Mayweather. The same way Floyd supposedley wont fight paul williams at 154… Right?

[quote]Reef wrote:
cutthoat25 wrote:
drewh wrote:

So wuts the difference between him and Mayweather now? I sure as hell bet Floyd would fight Paul Williams if Williams agreed to overtrain and fight at 142-44

Cotto didn’t have to agree to the catch weight but he did. It’s on him.[/quote]

Cotto did cuz he wanted the payday and to fight the “supposed” P4P king…once again only way he gets the chance to beat Manny is if he agrees to Mannys bullshit.

Samething with mosley he would agree to Mannys catch-weight cuz he has the underhand at the negotiating table.

Not the case with Mayweather he is a big draw, as well as Manny. We should all agree this fight needs to take place at 147…If not Manny is as big a bitch as my boy Money May

[quote]Reef wrote:
goldengloves wrote:
drewh wrote:

End of career Hatton? He’s had less pro fights than Pac and is only a year older. Do you think Hatton, at any point in his career, could beat Pac? If you’re a real boxing fan, you know he’d have no chance.

[/quote]

For the third fight. The funny thing is that Pacquiao says he doesn’t want to do it because “there wont be a draw” but Roach disagrees and wants to pursue it if necessary.

Hatton:Never was the same after losing to Floyd and has probably since retired from boxing. If you watch the Mayweather fight and the Pacquiao fight you can see how faded Hatton is.

Cotto: No, I said since Cotto is the more experienced fighter at welter I was going with him by decision. I was kind of torn between the two. Let’s face it, Roach picking Cotto at that point isn’t different than Floyd trying to fight Mosley after losing to Forrest. Cotto had a tune up fight against a can, got a controversial SD against Clottey. Look at who Clottey has been fighting lately too, not top caliber opponents.

Mosley: He’d have to beat Mosley first. If Mosley does well against Berto, I don’t see Roach pursuing that fight unless there’s a 141 catchweight and the title is on the line.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
Reef wrote:
goldengloves wrote:
drewh wrote:

End of career Hatton? Do you think Hatton, at any point in his career, could beat Pac? If you’re a real boxing fan, you know he’d have no chance.

ur still ignoring the fact that Manny only fights welterweights on HIS terms. He HAS to have catch-weights and every advantage has to be in his favor. No one said Manny sucks he is a great fighter, u just need to realize he does the same shit Floyd does but no one says anything. Why? cuz hes humble and not a loud mouth, but does that excuse the fact hes the welterweight champ and has never fought in the welterweight division? 147 is welter weight not 142 or 144.

If this fight doesnt go through because Manny wont Fight at 147, than ur boy is ducking Mayweather. The same way Floyd supposedley wont fight paul williams at 154… Right?
[/quote]

You’re right. I totally agree. I personally would like to see him fight at 147. Then again, if these welterweights will agree to give him the advantage, he’d be stupid not to take it. Hopefully the Floyd fight happens at 147.

[quote]Reef wrote:
cutthoat25 wrote:
Reef wrote:
goldengloves wrote:
drewh wrote:

You’re right. I totally agree. I personally would like to see him fight at 147. Then again, if these welterweights will agree to give him the advantage, he’d be stupid not to take it. Hopefully the Floyd fight happens at 147.[/quote]

U also have a valid point, if they’re willing Manny would be dumb to not take the advantage

For the third fight. The funny thing is that Pacquiao says he doesn’t want to do it because “there wont be a draw” but Roach disagrees and wants to pursue it if necessary.

Hatton:Never was the same after losing to Floyd and has probably since retired from boxing. If you watch the Mayweather fight and the Pacquiao fight you can see how faded Hatton is.

Cotto: No, I said since Cotto is the more experienced fighter at welter I was going with him by decision. I was kind of torn between the two. Let’s face it, Roach picking Cotto at that point isn’t different than Floyd trying to fight Mosley after losing to Forrest. Cotto had a tune up fight against a can, got a controversial SD against Clottey. Look at who Clottey has been fighting lately too, not top caliber opponents.

Mosley: He’d have to beat Mosley first. If Mosley does well against Berto, I don’t see Roach pursuing that fight unless there’s a 141 catchweight and the title is on the line.[/quote]

Marquez: Well I doubt Manny will go back down from welterweight so Marquez would have to stay at 147. Marquez looked terrible at welterweight, so I don’t think it would even be competitive. I personally have no interest in seeing it. It’s like going backwards in terms of progress for Pac. Everyone wants to see him fight true welters now like Mayweather, Mosley, and maybe Berto, Margarito (if he’s re-instated).

Hatton: I was never impressed with Hatton. He’s a tough guy with heart, but I don’t think he ever had the physical skills or the chin to beat Pac at any point in his career.

Cotto: Clottey was no can. He’s fought Margarito, Judah, Corrales, Gutierrez.

Mosley: Roach said it would have to be at a 142-143 catch-weight and Mosley said he couldn’t make the weight (obviously). I agree with you that it should be at 147.

It’s funny but whoever Mayweather and Pac beat now, someone will downplay it. If you look at the top welterweights, the following excuses will be made if they lose to May or Pac:

-Mosley: Too old
-Margarito: Sucks unless he cheats
-Paul Williams: He’d be too drained to come back down to welterweight.
-Cotto: Damaged goods.
-Berto: Hasn’t beaten an elite fighter yet (although Collazo and Urango aren’t bad).

This is why the May-Pac fight has to happen lol.

[quote]Reef wrote:
It’s funny but whoever Mayweather and Pac beat now, someone will downplay it. If you look at the top welterweights, the following excuses will be made if they lose to May or Pac:

-Berto: Hasn’t beaten an elite fighter yet (although Collazo and Urango aren’t bad).

This is why the May-Pac fight has to happen lol.[/quote]

Couple great posts by you here. absolutely agree.

[quote]Reef wrote:
goldengloves wrote:

Mosley: He’d have to beat Mosley first. If Mosley does well against Berto, I don’t see Roach pursuing that fight unless there’s a 141 catchweight and the title is on the line.

Marquez: Well I doubt Manny will go back down from welterweight so Marquez would have to stay at 147. Marquez looked terrible at welterweight, so I don’t think it would even be competitive. I personally have no interest in seeing it. It’s like going backwards in terms of progress for Pac. Everyone wants to see him fight true welters now like Mayweather, Mosley, and maybe Berto, Margarito (if he’s re-instated).

Hatton: I was never impressed with Hatton. He’s a tough guy with heart, but I don’t think he ever had the physical skills or the chin to beat Pac at any point in his career.

Cotto: Clottey was no can. He’s fought Margarito, Judah, Corrales, Gutierrez.

Mosley: Roach said it would have to be at a 142-143 catch-weight and Mosley said he couldn’t make the weight (obviously). I agree with you that it should be at 147. [/quote]

Hatton: You never know.

Clottey: Who has Clottey fought lately? Judah is garbage now, Cruz barely fights out of Mexico, Alavarez hasn’t done anything, Flores is far from a top welter, was Corrales really performing at the point in his career?

Cotto: Beat by Margarito, beat a can, the victory against Clottey was questionable.

Mosley: They blew him off with a ridiculous catch weight and blew him off by wanting the fight to be after the Cotto fight.

Marquez: Pacquiao never legitimately beat Marquez. I think Roach said he wants smaller fighters to come up in weight and bigger fighters to come down to fight Manny… Look for them to ask for it to be at 145 lol. Oh, and welterweights will have to come down to the minimum and put their title on the line haha.

Pacquiao has his games too.

[quote]Reef wrote:

This is why the May-Pac fight has to happen lol.[/quote]

If Mosley beats Berto I think taking a Mosley fight would prove more, that’s for either one of them. Mayweather and Pacquiao have something in common now though, they both duck Mosley.

You forgot someone; Pacquiao. If Mayweather beats Pacquiao people will just say he’s a smaller guy and it’s a money fight.

Marquez: Pacquiao never legitimately beat Marquez. I think Roach said he wants smaller fighters to come up in weight and bigger fighters to come down to fight Manny… Look for them to ask for it to be at 145 lol. Oh, and welterweights will have to come down to the minimum and put their title on the line haha.

Pacquiao has his games too.

[/quote]

Well Marquez wants this fight more than Pac, so I think he should have to come up. Pac is a legit welterweight champ now, so it wouldn’t make sense to go all the way back down to super featherweight/lightweight now.

I hope he doesn’t take this fight. I think there’s very little reward for fighting Marquez. If Pac beats him, nobody will really be impressed. They’ll say he’s a welterweight now fighting against a smaller guy. He needs to fight Floyd, or the Berto/Mosley winner at this point. Anything less would be a disappointment.

You’re right though about the bigger fighters. Now that’s he’s the 147 champ, there should be no more catchweights.