T Nation

Mayweather Bash

http://www.vimeo.com/6647443

Skip the first minute or so if you don’t want to hear his little music promo and skip to 6 minutes if you want to get directly to Floyd.

The key point of the discussion is how overrated Floyd is. I wanted to rant on it myself but talking about it with a friend, i was told to watch this and i think Paz(the rapper, not the boxer btw) says it about as good as i would. Curious how Floyd fans would respond to this.

johnson575 just posted this in another thread.

Im a Money May fan and all i can say is Haters keep hatin…wut floyd does or says doesnt affect anyones personal life so why would a person waste their own time on hatin Floyd? If hes not the greatest ever so be it, but he still contributes more to the sport than antone else right now, except Manny Pacuiao. He creates a buzz for the sport that wouldnt be there if not for him, and he gets his money…lets say he never fights anyone that we all want him to fight, he still will have contributed more to boxing than any of the fans, commentators, or haters that talk shit about him.

Hater keep Hatin, its wut they r good at

another note: Floyd sr. is the one bashing Pacman lately not Floyd jr. Lil floyd always says he respects Manny as a fighter.

There’s already a thread on this interview:

I am a Mayweather fan and I expected to hate this Vinnie Paz interview, but the guy clearly is a long time boxing fan who is entitled to his opinions. The best thing about watching the interview was all the boxing memories it stirred up. I totally remember watching Vinnie Paz (the boxer) making his comeback after his accident and training with that halo on. Hitting the bag, doing seated rows I was shocked at the time. He also mentions a few other tough underated guys like James Toney and Bert Cooper. Bert may have just been a gatekeeper to the heavyweight division, but he was one tough S.O.B.

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
Im a Money May fan and all i can say is Haters keep hatin…wut floyd does or says doesnt affect anyones personal life so why would a person waste their own time on hatin Floyd? If hes not the greatest ever so be it, but he still contributes more to the sport than antone else right now, except Manny Pacuiao. He creates a buzz for the sport that wouldnt be there if not for him, and he gets his money…lets say he never fights anyone that we all want him to fight, he still will have contributed more to boxing than any of the fans, commentators, or haters that talk shit about him.

Hater keep Hatin, its wut they r good at

another note: Floyd sr. is the one bashing Pacman lately not Floyd jr. Lil floyd always says he respects Manny as a fighter.[/quote]

That was so… I’m not going to give this a full response…

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
Im a Money May fan and all i can say is Haters keep hatin…wut floyd does or says doesnt affect anyones personal life so why would a person waste their own time on hatin Floyd? If hes not the greatest ever so be it, but he still contributes more to the sport than antone else right now, except Manny Pacuiao. He creates a buzz for the sport that wouldnt be there if not for him, and he gets his money…lets say he never fights anyone that we all want him to fight, he still will have contributed more to boxing than any of the fans, commentators, or haters that talk shit about him.

Hater keep Hatin, its wut they r good at

another note: Floyd sr. is the one bashing Pacman lately not Floyd jr. Lil floyd always says he respects Manny as a fighter.[/quote]

That was so… I’m not going to give this a full response…

I didn’t listen to the whole thing…but Floyd is FUCKIN good, his defence is so good everoyne just doesn’t understand…thats what kinda fighter he is. So dumb.

For real he’s not UNDEFEATED for no reason.

I didn’t listen to the whole thing…but Floyd is FUCKIN good, his defence is so good everoyne just doesn’t understand…thats what kinda fighter he is. So dumb.

For real he’s not UNDEFEATED for no reason.

…hes not undefeated because he doesnt fight anybody and he’ll admit that. He says he wont fight a stronger opponent because they are on “steroids” for instance. Nobody is saying gayweather is bad, im just saying he is a bitch.

If you think Floyd would beat say, Paul Williams then i am literally laughing. But no gayweather doesnt want that type of fight, he wants the easiest fight he can get for the most money. He doesn’t want to fight somebody who might hurt him. Gayweather is a bitch.

It’s funny, because of the huge hype Gayweather’s fans actually give him more credit then he gives himself.

…also it deserves to be said the undefeated argument really makes you sound… to be honest, uneducated on boxing.

[quote]Deorum wrote:
…hes not undefeated because he doesnt fight anybody and he’ll admit that. He says he wont fight a stronger opponent because they are on “steroids” for instance. Nobody is saying gayweather is bad, im just saying he is a bitch.

If you think Floyd would beat say, Paul Williams then i am literally laughing. But no gayweather doesnt want that type of fight, he wants the easiest fight he can get for the most money. He doesn’t want to fight somebody who might hurt him. Gayweather is a bitch.

It’s funny, because of the huge hype Gayweather’s fans actually give him more credit then he gives himself.

…also it deserves to be said the undefeated argument really makes you sound… to be honest, uneducated on boxing.[/quote]

He fought Castillo the first time with a messed up shoulder, that wasn’t an easy fight for him. Floyd has taken numerous hard fights and has had to work his way into the position to make money that top fighters make, but Floyd is more of a businessman than a boxer and has put his boxing career behind his number one priority; making money.

If Floyd is a bitch then all the other fighters taking tune up fights and dodging fighters are bitches too, singling out Mayweather is ridiculous.

  1. He wasn’t off long enough to warrant a “tune-up” fight.
  2. He fought Catillo at what weight again?
  3. He used to be the shit now he’s just a bitch that makes a million excuses why he won’t fight certain people.
  4. Paul Williams would whoop that ass.

[quote]drewh wrote:

  1. He wasn’t off long enough to warrant a “tune-up” fight.
  2. He fought Catillo at what weight again?
  3. He used to be the shit now he’s just a bitch that makes a million excuses why he won’t fight certain people.
  4. Paul Williams would whoop that ass.[/quote]

Lots of people duck opponents, Floyd isn’t the only one. Only calling him out is like singling one leave on a tree out for being green.

Mayweather came up in weight and fought Castillo with an injured left shoulder by the way, didn’t know if you knew that.

[quote]goldengloves wrote:
drewh wrote:

  1. He wasn’t off long enough to warrant a “tune-up” fight.
  2. He fought Catillo at what weight again?
  3. He used to be the shit now he’s just a bitch that makes a million excuses why he won’t fight certain people.
  4. Paul Williams would whoop that ass.

Lots of people duck opponents, Floyd isn’t the only one. Only calling him out is like singling one leave on a tree out for being green.

Mayweather came up in weight and fought Castillo with an injured left shoulder by the way, didn’t know if you knew that.

[/quote]
And beat castillo the first time by decision, then came back and beat the dog-shit out of him the second time…just in case anyone doubted the first win

One thing I can say is I’ve never met fight fans that will hug their fighters nuts as hard and tight as Mayweather fans. But your missing the point of my post, he fought Castillo at 134 lbs. At that point Floyd was looking good (and he decisioned Castillo twice, yeah he really kicked his ass) Then came the 140’s for Gayweather.

He fights Judah after he lost to Baldomir, then Floyd fights Baldomir who started looking like shit at that point, then he fights nobody his weight and loses imo to DLH (which I know according to Gayweather fans is bs) so he’s done what beat Gatti whoa crazy, Hatton who gives a shit, and barely beats DLH, for years Gayweather has done shit nothing.

Is he good yup, is he as good as you people make him out to be, I have know idea? Why? Because Gayweather has become a huge bitch and won’t fight anybody and until he does I am going to keep saying he’s a joke and pussy and a bitch. And I will keep thinking his fans like yourselves are dilusional and full of shit.

[quote]SKman wrote:
I am a Mayweather fan and I expected to hate this Vinnie Paz interview, but the guy clearly is a long time boxing fan who is entitled to his opinions. The best thing about watching the interview was all the boxing memories it stirred up. I totally remember watching Vinnie Paz (the boxer) making his comeback after his accident and training with that halo on. Hitting the bag, doing seated rows I was shocked at the time. He also mentions a few other tough underated guys like James Toney and Bert Cooper. Bert may have just been a gatekeeper to the heavyweight division, but he was one tough S.O.B.[/quote]

my thoughts exactley, this “vinnie paz” guy knows his boxing history and is a pretty knowlegeable fan, though he sais some pretty stupid stuff as well(big muscles equal weak chin, lol). Like with you, listening to him talk brought up a lot of memories.

haha that big muscles = weak chin shit is some shit that you hear in the philadelphia area alot. That gave me a laugh too though.

Still in many more cases then not it proves to be true. Obviously it would be silly to think of it as law though.

[quote]goldengloves wrote:
Lots of people duck opponents, Floyd isn’t the only one. Only calling him out is like singling one leave on a tree out for being green.
[/quote]

…What the fuck? Ill say there are a few boxers who are almost universally ducked, such as… Paul Williams, or mabey Winky Wright; but to say lots of high quality boxers duck lots of people is a huge exaggeration. NOBODY ducks more people then Floyd. Especially nobody on the top 10 p4p.

Calling floyd on his bitch like behavior is what any fan of boxing should do.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Is he good yup, is he as good as you people make him out to be, I have know idea? Why? Because Gayweather has become a huge bitch and won’t fight anybody and until he does I am going to keep saying he’s a joke and pussy and a bitch. And I will keep thinking his fans like yourselves are dilusional and full of shit. [/quote]

haha agreed. Like i said before - Floyd’s fans, have MUCH more confidence in Floyd then he does himself. Its almost awkward to hear people stick up for him as he can hardly for himself at times.

[quote]drewh wrote:
One thing I can say is I’ve never met fight fans that will hug their fighters nuts as hard and tight as Mayweather fans. But your missing the point of my post, he fought Castillo at 134 lbs. At that point Floyd was looking good (and he decisioned Castillo twice, yeah he really kicked his ass) Then came the 140’s for Gayweather.

He fights Judah after he lost to Baldomir, then Floyd fights Baldomir who started looking like shit at that point, then he fights nobody his weight and loses imo to DLH (which I know according to Gayweather fans is bs) so he’s done what beat Gatti whoa crazy, Hatton who gives a shit, and barely beats DLH, for years Gayweather has done shit nothing.

Is he good yup, is he as good as you people make him out to be, I have know idea? Why? Because Gayweather has become a huge bitch and won’t fight anybody and until he does I am going to keep saying he’s a joke and pussy and a bitch. And I will keep thinking his fans like yourselves are dilusional and full of shit. [/quote]

Judah was still a good fighter then, the fight was close until Floyd figured him out too. Baldomir didn’t lose a fight in like 8 years before fighting Floyd so I don’t know how that’s looking like shit. What’s your point about the Castillo fight? Floyd came up in weight and fought someone when he had a messed up shoulder. In the rematch he did much better too. He was the first person to beat Corrales as well.

I may talk shit about Floyd sometimes, but some of you try to make him sound like he’s never done anything.