Mayor Subpoenas Pastor's Sermons on Homosexuality!

The city of Houston has issued subpoenas demanding a group of pastors turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality, or gender identity says Annise Parker, the city’s first openly Bull Dyke mayor. And those ministers who fail to comply could be held in contempt of court.

Shocking.

There’s always fascistic undertones in gay politics. I imagine the “bears” are attracted to the idea of “forcing” themselves on others if you get my drift. Same thing with “butch” lesbians. This hypermasculine homosexuality actually played a big part in the early Nazi movement. It’s actually relatively common in warrior cultures - eg, The Sacred Band of Thebes. It also plays a big part in the social and political structures of prison life.

One does not help their “cause” (whatever it may be in this case), by doing stupid, unconstitutional things like this.

And how stupid is opposing separate bathrooms for men and women?

Unbelievable.

Mufasa

" under the guise of ?tolerance and diversity? elected officials would attempt to deconstruct religious liberty. " My fear is that “non-religious” people won’t be angered by this assault on religious liberty. If allowed to continue, at some point a liberty that you do value may run contrary to the state. This actually scares me.

If they can deconstruct religious liberty, what’s next?

[quote]Dr J wrote:
" under the guise of ?tolerance and diversity? elected officials would attempt to deconstruct religious liberty. " My fear is that “non-religious” people won’t be angered by this assault on religious liberty. If allowed to continue, at some point a liberty that you do value may run contrary to the state. This actually scares me.[/quote]

As an atheist I have to say that what the city is doing is beyond fucked up. I may not agree with what you have to say but I do believe you have the right to say it.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
If they can deconstruct religious liberty, what’s next?[/quote]

Religious “liberty” was always a specious concept from the get go because in a secular state religion can only be “free” to the extent that it doesn’t do anything that could conceivably breach anyone’s absolute “right” to non-interference. In a secular state religion can have absolutely no temporal authority or power. So if your religion happens to espouse temporal libertarianism then you’re in luck but if not then you do not have religious “freedom.”

[quote]Dr J wrote:
" under the guise of ?tolerance and diversity? elected officials would attempt to deconstruct religious liberty. " My fear is that “non-religious” people won’t be angered by this assault on religious liberty. If allowed to continue, at some point a liberty that you do value may run contrary to the state. This actually scares me.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with you. That’s what scares me most here actually. The “well I’m not a ____ so why should I care?” that’s one of the most dangerous thought processes a person can have.