Maynard Keenan....Gracie BJJ?

This may be a little bit suited for GAL forum,but interesting:
I was searching for some articles by Rickson Gracie,and came across the mentioning of Maynard Keenan from Tool training under him.

Anyways,after doing a little more “research,” I came across this old video of his “encounter” with a “number one” fan on stage during a Tool concert:

Makes me wonder about the other number of celebrities who actually train in martial arts.

Haha, that video is hilarious. Maynard looks like he’s going to hug the guy before he throws him. I’d like to have seen more commitment on the rear naked choke, though. :slight_smile:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
This may be a little bit suited for GAL forum,but interesting:
I was searching for some articles by Rickson Gracie,and came across the mentioning of Maynard Keenan from Tool training under him.

Anyways,after doing a little more “research,” I came across this old video of his “encounter” with a “number one” fan on stage during a Tool concert:

Makes me wonder about the other number of celebrities who actually train in martial arts.[/quote]

Dude, that was a fucking sweet score!
Made my day man, for all I know, I was there, lol, seriously though, ya definitely see a few “out there” when you see Tool. But it’s worth every penny.

They fuckin rock.

Haha, big Tool fan but, I never saw that clip before. Bizarre. Cheers for posting.

I came across an interview years ago where he was talking about jits. Maynard is the shit.

I’ve never seen anyone rocking out in a choke hold before either. That vid is really something else…

doesn’t miss a beat just keeps singing. lol

like i needed another reason to like tool…

the judo hip toss to hooks in rear mount was more impressive than the choke.