(No. This is not to start a flame war. It`s essentially a discussion of the efficiency of the mechanics and exchanges involved in dating situations, not a judgement on the sexes, because the men/women positions can be interchanged without interfering too much with the underlying offer/demand logic).
Have you ever wondered why, even in 2003, all the usual men and women talks are most probably the same as 100 years back (except women are more free and aggressive nowadays)? You know, the usual
men are X, women are Y…ever wondered why things are so and don`t change that much?
When you look at it in terms of
offer and demand, interactions, mechanics, patterns, give and takes, I am starting that women, in terms of efficiency, are smarter than men.
Just food for thought. Take what you want. Your mileage may differ. While obviously this does not apply to any cases, it possible covers usual general cases (one nighters and bar/first encounters).
Here are the premises:
- Demand (sexual drive) in built-in in men and never in shortage with all the men around.
- The same sexual drive makes us men think us think with our little head very often. We are usually far less rational when horny, specially when aroused.
- Women know it very well. They can very well control the offer, and make men jump through hoops, for a potential promise of extras (and horny guys feel like in a casino and try their luck). They don
t keep theproduct` easy to buy, so men are willing to bend over, pay more in all domains, just to have a ticket and try their luck.
- By the same logic, they can expect to pull stunts that men would not tolerate from other men.
- Sure, men can say no. But the sex drive is mighty, and statistically we usually lose patience and cave in to their demands.
Therefore, FOR THE CASES WHERE THIS LOGIC IS APPLIED AND FOLLOWED, you have to admire the efficiency of women in these matters. They are more patient than men, are better bargainers, and therefore wiser than us men. They`ve got us by the balls, litterally.
Following this logic, if we don
t like historical rituals and scenarios, mens options are few: either we put up, shut up, wait for something better, better ourselves, look elsewhere or negociate better.
Like I said, this is only for general cases and I do not expect this to apply for any serious, mutual-love relationships founded on respect.
Like economics, this theory works best on large sample observations. Take what you want, feel free to bring in new points. Like Jeet Kune Do, feel free to add, take out, scrap what and define it like you want.