Maybe SOME Good News from the FDA

I see there’s a lot of great Big Pharma shilling going on in this thread. I hope you are all enjoying your shill bucks while you’re working so dilligently to make sure my healing crystals and healing pot brownies aren’t covered by my insurance. I’ve never had cholera or puerperal fever but they don’t really care because nobody’s getting rich off of crystal power.

3 Likes

I challenge your facts. Absent a controlled study, you simply have no way of knowing with certainty whether it is helping people.

So you have no idea you are embarrassing yourself. Please continue…

A nonsensical point.

Oh the irony.

1 Like

And I challenge your point. If tens of thousands of people are receiving benefits are they all just imagining it? Maybe they are all outliers.

Your question presupposes facts not in evidence, ie, that people are receiving benefits. That is the whole point.

1 Like

So I suppose it is your contention that this organization and all the people being treated with stem cells are lying? Adult Stem Cells are Treating Thousands of Patients Now - LifeNews.com

and already have proven success at saving lives and improving health on a daily basis. Over 50,000 people around the globe are treated each year with adult stem cells. The diseases and conditions successfully treated by adult stem cells, as shown by published scientific evidence, continue to expand, with published success for numerous cancers, spinal cord injury, heart damage, multiple sclerosis, sickle cell anemia, and many others.

• Italian doctors reported that they could successfully treat corneal blindness using the patient’s own adult stem cells. They treated 112 patients who had been blinded by chemical burns. Over 77% of patients recovered normal vision. Patients with superficial damage were able to see within one to two months, while more extensive injuries took several months longer to recover. One of the successful transplants was a man who had been blind for 50 years. The doctors grafted adult stem cells from a small section of his left eye to both eyes. His vision is now close to normal.

So success with eye problems. I guess the public in America should not be given this choice as unscrupulous doctors took advantage of 3 people so they could make some cash. The profit motive can be very evil.

More positive information. http://www.stemcellresearchfacts.org/

I assume you’re kidding about that organization as a source of legit, unbiased medical information.

You’re not getting it. Absent randomized controlled clinical trials to back it up, you simply can’t make the bald claim that stem cells “have proven success.”

I dare say the number of people worldwide treated with healing crystals or voodoo is several orders of magnitude higher. I would also venture that their claimed success rate is just as high as that claimed by stem-cell enthusiasts. Based on nothing but their claims, are you prepared to say crystals and voodoo have ‘proven successful’?

Yes, autologous corneal stem-cell transplant is highly efficacious for certain blinding conditions. How do I know? Because science. Here is a review of the clinical and basic science research on the subject:

With respect to evaluating therapeutic modalities, the label “eye problems” is useless and misleading. It’s akin to using ‘stomach problems’ to cover both gastroenteritis and gunshot wounds.

2 Likes

Should I just believe your assertions about cyrstals and voodoo?

The Stem Cell Institute of Panama has successfully treated thousands of patients. https://www.cellmedicine.com/ Are they not to be believed nor the people they’ve treated?

Your not getting it people have and are already being helped without double-blind randomized studies.

How many of those studies were done on medicinal marijuana? Did the public have to wait for science to catch up before they got some relief?

More outliars or liars. Patient Testimonials Archives - Stem Cell Institute

Given that you expect all of us to ‘just accept’ your assertions about stem cell therapy…Coming from you, this question is astonishing and ironic.

Similarly, given your scorn and distrust of Big Pharma because of the inherently corrupting nature of its for-profit nature…Coming from you, this question about accepting unquestioningly the claims of a for-profit clinic is astonishing and ironic.

So says the crystals/voodoo crowd as well.

2 Likes

But how can you actually know?

I healed from an injury which even the doctors called miraculous. There was really no treatment for it, and nothing to treat. All of the tissue of my mouth, throat, and upper respiratory tract had been destroyed.

Then it grew back. With nothing to compare it to- you could chalk that up to the air conditioning system, good vibes, pretty nurses or what ever the hell you want.

Hence the emphasis on methodical scientific investigation by the trained scientists in this thread. They’re good at getting to the bottom of things and finding answers.

2 Likes

Voltaire once quipped, “The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.”

That dude was pretty smart. :laughing:

They just kept me in a coma for a while. Every time I woke up a worried looking nurse would come in shoot me with something to put me back down.

After a couple weeks of that I started waking up, then got a morphine drip- then they couldn’t keep me down. Minus pain I was just running around the hospital with my buddies stoned, riding the glass elevator and watching the helicopters land and take off.

Must have been the helicopters!

1 Like

There is plenty of science behind stem cells. Is that true of crystals and voodoo?

The Stem Cell Institute is not stopping this from coming to the market, they are advancing the cause. Big Pharma would rather this not come to the market so they can make MORE money off selling their garbage drugs that at best slow down the progression of a disease and do nothing to make the treatment transformative. Stem cells have this ability. People have gotten up out of wheelchairs and gone back to work. Does this happen with everyone? No. Does this ever happen with drugs or does it happen to the degree with which it happens with stem cells? No.

And many people have been helped from medicinal marijuana without double-blind randomized studies. But I guess this is all in the heads of the 1M+ people who are receiving this treatment. If Big Pharma would have had it’s way this never would have seen the light of day. But I suppose they were only looking out for the safety of the public and not their bottom line. If you really believe that it just goes to show how well the propaganda system has worked on you.

How can you actually know the benefits of medicinal marijuana? The fact that it is legal in 28 states plus D.C. should be enough. If it wasn’t helping or worse causing problems this wouldn’t have happened.

Where are all the methodical scientific investigations on this?

They’re aren’t many if any but it is still a choice the public has. They have this choice while not having to wait and suffer until science catches up.