Maybe SOME Good News from the FDA

You already shared this fucktard. Dementia much?

1 Like

Okay, if you’re fine with recreational use and only fine with it’s use for medicinal purposes if studies have been done. Please list all the double-blind randomized studies done in the U.S.? And when and if you can find any please explain your statement that the policies you support wouldn’t curtail the legalization of use for medicinal use. Since you said the policies you support wouldn’t stop this from becoming a reality.

And if treatment can make more money than a cure that is what they will do. An awesome system we have here!

You claim you are on the front lines but then divulge you don’t even work in the field.

Exactly!

No just trying to drill it into your head since you obviously didn’t get it.

Where did I make that claim?

For those who like scholarly evidence here are some abstracts. Does the FDA have regulatory authority over adult autologous stem cell therapies? 21 CFR 1271 and the emperor's new clothes - PMC

I can assure you that, on the front lines of healthcare delivery, this is not true. You wrote. If you aren’t referring to yourself, what is the means you use to determine this?

I said that. If @SkyzykS repeated it without my permission, he’d better lawyer up.

I don’t have the strength.

1 Like

You held out far longer than I did sir, my hat is off to you.

I’m honored to be mistaken for such a learned and distinguished individual.

A little confused as to how it happened, but honored none the less. I’m guessing some medical grade sticky icky had something to do with it though.

1 Like

I assume Mick28 was involved somehow.

Sneaky Mick. Must have snuck up and bonged Zep on the head.

Nor the truth.

I don’t have the link for part 1 of the Q&A but here is part 2. Episode 1: The True History of Chemotherapy & The Pharmaceutical Monopoly

A chemists view of the performance of “Big Pharma”. World’s First Custom Program for Ditching Your Meds to Live Young

So I’ve been reluctant to engage in any conversation with you because you’re literally impossible to have an intelligent conversation with, but it might surprise you to know that I agree with several things in this link. Not all, but most of what’s written under #8 is aligned with my beliefs. I think we should stop direct-to-consumer advertising. I think pharmaceutical companies funding “education” dinners and seminars for physicians (with the implied return that MD’s who attend will be more likely to prescribe their products) should be stopped as well. Finally, I’ve had a lot of discussions with other medical statisticians about making deidentified research data available to the public, along with the statistical programming code that was used to produce the results, although that’s a double-edged sword (it would let good statisticians double-check people’s and spot errors or deceptions, but it would also open some serious cans-of-worms as muckrakers who don’t really know how to analyze data properly would start digging into things and run some cockamamie analyses to support their conspiracy theory).

As I stated above, I am actually pretty critical of “Big Pharma” on the whole, and I think as a healthcare field, we do a very poor job of educating patients on the true risks and benefits of certain therapies. For example, a lot of things like lipid-lowering and blood-pressure medications are presented by physicians as “you should take this drug because it will prevent heart attack” rather than “in a controlled trial of elderly patients with high blood pressure that were followed for five years, this blood-pressure-lowering drug reduced the risk of heart attack from 11 percent to 8 percent over a five year period, while ZZ% of patients had mild to moderate side effects including A, B, and C.” The latter set of data lets the patient make a properly informed decision; the former makes the patient feel as though they have no choice but to go on the drug because if they don’t, they will have a heart attack.

With that said, the FDA’s approval process is crucial in obtaining that safety and efficacy data, and it should be incumbent on the physician to adequately inform their patient about the risks and benefits of a therapy (not the FDA or Big Pharma). Gutting the FDA’s approval process in favor of an “anything goes, it’s totally your life!” approach would make it borderline impossible to understand what works, what doesn’t, and the potential adverse effects of each therapy.

2 Likes

What I still can’t fathom is how he just dismissing the FDA approval process for consumer choice while simultaneously wanting the FDA to require “food purveyors” to provide a still-unspecified level of detail on ingredient manipulation because they supposedly create food addiction. It’s just mind-boggling.

1 Like