Maybe Rush Is ....

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
Bigflamer, there are honorable people and shitbirds in every group from the priesthood to gangbangers, from cops to counslers, to repubs and dems . Don’t be so Archie Bunker myopic in your views. [/quote]

Archie bunker myopic. I like that. Ahhhhh those were the days.

No not at all, don’t be retarded. I’m aware that the GOP isn’t perfect. Just absolutely better by all accounts!

[quote]If I grew up in Podunk Mississippi and felt the sting of racism from the Klan would it be correct of me to think every white person in America were like that?

Use your head. [/quote]

I do. I vote republican.

[quote]malonetd wrote:

Wow. Maybe it’s not luck, but it’s something out of the reach of us mere mortals. I mean, nine 24 hour shifts in one week?! That’s 216 hours. Most of us only have 168 hours in a week. I’m sure there must be time for sleep or some kind of break in betweeen these shifts, too. Even if it’s only 4 hours a night, that’s an extra 28 hours in your week. Holy shit – you have close to 35 hours in a day. I’m so jealous.

A mere mortal,
Toddy[/quote]

Sorry about that. Nine twentyfour hour shifts a month.

Twenty one days off every month for me to start my own business. Proud to be just another damn republican using the system to make even more money!

[quote]vroom wrote:
Damn, apparently since I’ve been termed and “ultra liberal” many times I’ve missed the boat.

I suppose I shouldn’t climb the corporate ladder, make good money, live a clean and healthy life or otherwise be a decent citizen…

Where do I sign up for the free drugs, welfare benefits and the rest of the complete bullshit tirade you spewed?[/quote]

Read the post.

Understand the post.

Respond intelligently to the post.

That’s not what I was implying at all. I’m just convinced that the ideoligy of the dems (handouts, entitlements, etc.) is what makes them the party of choice for such sad individuals.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
vroom wrote:
Damn, apparently since I’ve been termed and “ultra liberal” many times I’ve missed the boat.

I suppose I shouldn’t climb the corporate ladder, make good money, live a clean and healthy life or otherwise be a decent citizen…

Where do I sign up for the free drugs, welfare benefits and the rest of the complete bullshit tirade you spewed?

Read the post.

Understand the post.

That’s not what I was implying at all. I’m just convinced that the ideoligy of the dems (handouts, entitlements, etc.) is what makes them the party of choice for such sad individuals.

[/quote]

Would the 7 billion in tax breaks the Commander-in-Thief just okayed for the oil companies qualify as a “handout” or an “entitlement”

This is the problem with shitheads like you: the chapped asses you get about your precious tax dollars going to buy food for poor people, but when it comes to huge corporations and defense contractors, you keep your mouths shut.

Also, Rush didn’t get piled on because he’s “such a target”. It was because any human being with a shred of truth in them finds the fact that a douchebag who went around advocating jailtime for all drug users is, in gact, a MASSIVE drug addict and criminal…vaugely amusing.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
vroom wrote:

Where do I sign up for the free drugs, welfare benefits and the rest of the complete bullshit tirade you spewed?

Read the post.

Understand the post.

Would the 7 billion in tax breaks the Commander-in-Thief just okayed for the oil companies qualify as a “handout” or an “entitlement”

This is the problem with shitheads like you: the chapped asses you get about your precious tax dollars going to buy food for poor people, but when it comes to huge corporations and defense contractors, you keep your mouths shut.

Also, Rush didn’t get piled on because he’s “such a target”. It was because any human being with a shred of truth in them finds the fact that a douchebag who went around advocating jailtime for all drug users is, in gact, a MASSIVE drug addict and criminal…vaugely amusing.
[/quote]

You mean those huge corporations and defense contractors that employ hundreds of thousands of people at good high wage positions? The ones that keep them from becoming poor and requiring Government Assistance? The ones that hire more people when they get those tax breaks? Just wanted to make sure we are taking about the same evil corporations run by the establishment.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
vroom wrote:

Read the post.

Understand the post.

[/quote]

Harris take it easy maybe flamer enjoys getting reamed by corp. America. Being a liberal, I think everyone is etitled to their fun no matter how perverse or sadomasochistic. :slight_smile:

Has Novak the traitor been arrested yet? Or is he still at large?

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
harris447 wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
vroom wrote:

Read the post.

Understand the post.

You’re right, y’know.

And, gee…nine 24 hour shifts a month. That sounds swell, dunnit? Wouldn’t be those commie unions he has to thank for that, would it?

Harris take it easy maybe flamer enjoys getting reamed by corp. America. Being a liberal, I think everyone is etitled to their fun no matter how perverse or sadomasochistic. :)[/quote]

Bigflamer, I read the post and I understood the post. Perhaps you misunderstood mine?

The idea was that perhaps you shouldn’t decry liberal ideals because some people like the liberal party for the wrong reasons.

If you crawl far enough to the right you’ll find the same problem. Just use your head and stop sounding like a cheerleader.

Things aren’t as simple as they seem.

You mean those huge corporations and defense contractors that employ hundreds of thousands of people at good high wage positions? The ones that keep them from becoming poor and requiring Government Assistance? The ones that hire more people when they get those tax breaks? Just wanted to make sure we are taking about the same evil corporations run by the establishment.

[/quote]

I have no problems with the corporations. (Well, technically, i do have slight problems with people who make guns and bombs and tanks and wrap themselves in the American flag like that’s gonna make it all better, but…)

I just don’t understand why those corporations don’t have to pay taxes.

I just don’t understand why an administration perpetrating a “War on Terror” would pass a giant energy bill that has no provisions in it making us less dependant on the very substance which fuels (no pun intended) our enemy.

Unless there was money in it for them. but, that would make them corrupt. And I would be shocked–shocked!–to find out there is corruption in out government.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Bigflamer, I read the post and I understood the post. Perhaps you misunderstood mine?

The idea was that perhaps you shouldn’t decry liberal ideals because some people like the liberal party for the wrong reasons.

If you crawl far enough to the right you’ll find the same problem. Just use your head and stop sounding like a cheerleader.

Things aren’t as simple as they seem.[/quote]

Sometimes things are even simpler than they seem. Your post was a bad post vroom. You made an attempt at humor, but you forgot to be funny. You just sound bitter.

But that is what Dems sound like in general. Bitter.

[quote]harris447 wrote:

I just don’t understand why those corporations don’t have to pay taxes.
[/quote]

Because corporations don’t pay taxes. Only individuals pay taxes. If I’m a corporation that sells kettlebells for $100, and the government decides they are going to tax me 10%. Now I’m a corporation that sells kettbells for $110. I make the same amount of money, and the consumer is stuck paying more taxes. Simple economics. Liberals deride “evil corporations” and want them to pay through the nose, but the all it does is drive up inflation.

Harris

Well energy policy is different then tax policy I agree with you on that.

As to corporations. The less they pay the more they employ. It’s not 1 to 1 but it’s a coorelation.

Of course I would like to see govt. spending trimmed along with tax.

[quote]
Sometimes things are even simpler than they seem. Your post was a bad post vroom. You made an attempt at humor, but you forgot to be funny. You just sound bitter.

But that is what Dems sound like in general. Bitter.[/quote]

What is it with republicans and their obsession on bitterness, anger and hate? Honestly, this is a mantra that is repeated around these parts (and of course as talking points) all the time.

Saying so is a real nice tactic, and it seems like a good way to discount or descredit what someone is trying to say, but really, it doesn’t actually address any issues.

To me, it seems just like more republican tactics of distract, deflect and discredit.

Distract… look over there.

Deflect… it was okay for Clinton.

Discredit… we shouldn’t listen to you because you are X (bitter, angry, ultra-liberal, canadian, etc).

Hmmm.

[quote]vroom wrote:

But that is what Dems sound like in general. Bitter.

What is it with republicans and their obsession on bitterness, anger and hate? Honestly, this is a mantra that is repeated around these parts (and of course as talking points) all the time.

Saying so is a real nice tactic, and it seems like a good way to discount or descredit what someone is trying to say, but really, it doesn’t actually address any issues.

To me, it seems just like more republican tactics of distract, deflect and discredit.

Distract… look over there.

Deflect… it was okay for Clinton.

Discredit… we shouldn’t listen to you because you are X (bitter, angry, ultra-liberal, canadian, etc).

Hmmm.[/quote]

No one said that you shouldn’t be listened to. In fact quite the opposite. I read what you wrote, and as a result, concluded that your post was neither clever, nor funny. I said it sounded bitter. No one called you anything. I said you sound bitter.

To listen to the hatred of some of the libs on here, and to listen to the lies and hatred of the Dem leadership, is it not logical that they have issues with the way the elections have been turning out for them lately? Bitter seems to describe their attitudes.

But no one called you anything, vroom. So please return to your tree and continue pontificating about how nothing is as easy as it seems.

To listen to the hatred of some of the libs on here…Bwahahahahahahah!!!

Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor from side splitting laughter.

Coming from mr. lovebeads himself. Blind, blind, blind as a bat.

[quote]To listen to the hatred of some of the libs on here, and to listen to the lies and hatred of the Dem leadership, is it not logical that they have issues with the way the elections have been turning out for them lately? Bitter seems to describe their attitudes.

But no one called you anything, vroom.[/quote]

You contradict yourself Mr Lovebeads. First you say you thought I sounded bitter, then you explain how liberals are all bitter, and even why, then you say no one called me anything.

Perhaps saying I “sound” bitter is not the same as “calling” me bitter? Do we have to ask you to define “calling” someone something?

Distract, Deflect, Discredit… which will it be this time?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Does Air America still exist?

One of the reasons the media delighted in reporting Rush Limbaughs misfortune is because he is a big target.[/quote]

Not just a big target, but a Big Fat Idiotic Target. I’m with Al Franken on this one.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Does Air America still exist?

One of the reasons the media delighted in reporting Rush Limbaughs misfortune is because he is a big target.[/quote]

Or maybe he was one of the most outspoken critics…no, no, it must be a leftist conspiracy.

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:
Only individuals pay taxes. If I’m a corporation that sells kettlebells for $100, and the government decides they are going to tax me 10%. Now I’m a corporation that sells kettbells for $110. I make the same amount of money, and the consumer is stuck paying more taxes. Simple economics. Liberals deride “evil corporations” and want them to pay through the nose, but the all it does is drive up inflation. [/quote]
If only more people understood this… Good post.