T Nation

Maybe Rush Is ....

…right after all?

Good article illustrating just some of the left’s hypocrisy. Although I’m sure the ABB crowd will try to defend this. I always thought it was funny that the left would call Rush a “drug addicted loser” when the left is loaded with dirty hippies crying about the war, poping pills, and doing alot more drugs than Rush ever thought about.

It’s also fun to watch air america struggle the way they are. Al Franken is about as insightfull as my retarded cousin, and no funnier than a rash on my johnson. Is it possible that Air America is strugling because a radio talk show needs a good host with a message? They’ve never had a decent host and haven’t had a real message in a long time. Unless you count hatred for conservatives and crying for government help.

Funny how the free market is kicking air america’s ass. No wonder they hate the free market so much!

Thursday, August 4, 2005

Big Fat Yawn
Media: Rush Limbaugh’s prescription drug troubles were splashed all over the media. Yet a financial scandal rocking a leftist radio network rates no coverage.

The mainstream media, fixated on bringing down Karl Rove, have so far deemed apparent funding irregularities at Air America unworthy of note. But that doesn’t make them any less of story.

Here’s the gist, according to The New York Sun ? which is giving the scandal the coverage it deserves ? and a few others, mostly bloggers and columnists, who are providing a public service:

New York City’s Department of Investigation is looking into charges that $875,000 from a Bronx nonprofit group and an affiliate whose budgets are generously stuffed with local, state and federal grants was inappropriately used to fund Air America, the left’s counterattack on the colossal success of conservative talk radio.

The two groups ? the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls Club and Pathways for Youth ? said they thought they were making a loan to the network. But when Evan Montvel Cohen was working as both chairman of Air America and director of development for Gloria Wise, some red flags should have been raised.

Jeannette Graves, president of Gloria Wise’s executive committee, has said that without her authorization or knowledge, Cohen siphoned $613,000 from the organization to himself and Air America. Cohen also allegedly used money from the groups for personal medical care.

While this mess is being sorted out, the city has suspended its ties with Gloria Wise and Pathways. That means money intended for poor minority children and Alzheimer’s victims was instead used to make sure the financially tanking and ratings-troubled Air America could keep blathering.

Public funds used to prop up a business! Just the kind of scandal that left-leaning media would die for. Yet for some reason they’re giving this one a pass.

Is it because there are no mean ol’ conservatives to blame?

When Limbaugh’s problems with painkillers came to light, the mainstream media could hardly contain themselves. They called him a “pill popper” and hypocrite and cheered for release of his medical records. And when he returned to the air, they couldn’t talk enough about his stay in rehab.

Al Franken, Air America’s featured host, seized the moment and labeled Limbaugh a “drug addict” ? after calling him a “Big Fat Idiot” in the title of his book years before.

Nothing wrong, mind you, with reporting on Limbaugh’s woes. Nothing, that is, as long as the media cover flaws of those on the left with equal enthusiasm.

I’ve seen some stuff on this.

I suppose as no one listens to them anyway it’s not a big story…

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:

I suppose as no one listens to them anyway it’s not a big story…[/quote]

Good point BB. I really do think it’s great though how leftist radio can’t succeed in a free market atmosphere. Then they want the govt. to require they be broadcast to the troops in order to bring balance. Too funny. Instead of improving their product, they cry to the government for help.

Liberals.

I do not think it is a good idea to give free press to AAR.

In American culture there is no distinction between being famous or being infamous.

This is what I have gathered from what I read:

Evan Montvel Cohen ran AAR for less than 2 months (3/31/2004 - 5/24/2004) and was thrown out because he is a con man. Evan Cohen ripped off the Gloria Wise Boys & Girls club.

Evan Cohen deserves to go to jail.

The district attorny in New York city (Spitzer) should look into this and if it is found that AAR must pay restituion then they should pay up.

I personally can not stand to listen to AAR drivel any more than I can stand to listen to Rush, Hannity, etc.

I listen to sport talk, traffic & weather, and or news on the AM dial exclusively. Right and left talk radio is BS hate speech.

I am beyond surprised that AAR has been able to change the entire format of tens of radio stations nationwide. Clear Channel has AAR on several of their radio stations. I find that very telling.

I am sure I will get flamed so…flame away…

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
BostonBarrister wrote:

I suppose as no one listens to them anyway it’s not a big story…

Good point BB. I really do think it’s great though how leftist radio can’t succeed in a free market atmosphere. Then they want the govt. to require they be broadcast to the troops in order to bring balance. Too funny. Instead of improving their product, they cry to the government for help.

Liberals.[/quote]

I agree bigflamer, the left are nothing but a bunch of heroin addicts and Satan worshippers. How dare they even have the audacity to say anything they should just STFU and let the righteous rulers rule!

Does Air America still exist?

One of the reasons the media delighted in reporting Rush Limbaughs misfortune is because he is a big target.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Does Air America still exist?

One of the reasons the media delighted in reporting Rush Limbaughs misfortune is because he is a big target.[/quote]

That was my question when I read the article about Gloria Wise Boys and Girls club.

AAR has over 60 stations that play their entire lineup or so I read. Several of those stations are with Clear Channel.

I also read AAR switched to XM from Sirius (I had no idea AAR was on sat radio).

Whatever…

What’s to defend? Of course there’s hyprocrisy among the left. Can’t be denied. There’s also extreme hyprocisy among the right. No one can deny that either. It’s one of our more unfortunate qualities as human beings and permeates all walks of life.

I think this says what needs to be said…

So, we should fry Cohen. It doesn’t have to be some big conspiracy does it? I’m sure if it was a big conspiracy, it would be more interesting and actually get some media coverage.

Perhaps there is more, but at this point it doesn’t seem to have much to do with left vs right, but simply someone lacking in ethics who acted out of their own personal interests.

If I missed it, let me know.

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:

I agree bigflamer, the left are nothing but a bunch of heroin addicts and Satan worshippers. How dare they even have the audacity to say anything they should just STFU and let the righteous rulers rule! [/quote]

Am I catching a little sarcasm Elk?

Seriously. I worked as a machine operator in a factory for eleven years before I got a full time gig as a steely eyed firefighter. In that time frame I met and knew a whole bunch of dirty hippies with drug problems chugging down a can of piss clean before they go to see their PO. Cocaine, weed, mushrooms, and yes even heroin. Bitchin about not having a ride to work and being late. crying about not having enough money to pay rent and afford a car and afford their drugs. ALL of them used to give me nothing but shit cuz I was a conservative.

They thought I was an idiot for putting in 40 hours in at the shopand 48 hours in at the station part time. Now that I am full time and work only nine twenty four hour shifts a week, they think I’m lucky. Yea that was it. Luck.

My point is that I agree with you that not all leftists are dirty hippies who abuse drugs. Some are union hardheads who assume their employer owes them a bigger paycheck with bigger benefits. Some are the cultural “elite” in Hollywood who live in some alter reality where the left actually makes sense.

Some are welfare queens who love the handouts from the government and don’t do a damn thing more than they have to in order to keep riding the gravytrain.

They all vote demacrat and love the left. Not all demacrats are like this they tell me.

But it’s their political party of choice in my experience.

Bigflamer wrote:

"Am I catching a little sarcasm Elk?

Seriously. I worked as a machine operator in a factory for eleven years before I got a full time gig as a steely eyed firefighter. In that time frame I met and knew a whole bunch of dirty hippies with drug problems chugging down a can of piss clean before they go to see their PO. Cocaine, weed, mushrooms, and yes even heroin. Bitchin about not having a ride to work and being late. crying about not having enough money to pay rent and afford a car and afford their drugs. ALL of them used to give me nothing but shit cuz I was a conservative.

They thought I was an idiot for putting in 40 hours in at the shopand 48 hours in at the station part time. Now that I am full time and work only nine twenty four hour shifts a week, they think I’m lucky. Yea that was it. Luck.

My point is that I agree with you that not all leftists are dirty hippies who abuse drugs. Some are union hardheads who assume their employer owes them a bigger paycheck with bigger benefits. Some are the cultural “elite” in Hollywood who live in some alter reality where the left actually makes sense.

Some are welfare queens who love the handouts from the government and don’t do a damn thing more than they have to in order to keep riding the gravytrain.

They all vote demacrat and love the left. Not all demacrats are like this they tell me.

But it’s their political party of choice in my experience."

Very, very good post!!!

Oh, e, I don’t want you and your hippie friends to be silenced. I want you to continue to talk all day long!!!

Whenever there is a newsworthy event, I switch over to cnn and msnbc for your pals’ take. I find myself hoping that a moderate will be watching the same program. Further, I hope they do their own research into the same story.

You and your pals are doing more damage to your party and your little pet causes than any Republican ever could. You do the heavy lifting for us. Thanks!!!

Keep it up!!!

JeffR

Bigflamer, there are honorable people and shitbirds in every group from the priesthood to gangbangers, from cops to counslers, to repubs and dems . Don’t be so Archie Bunker myopic in your views.

You think there aren’t shithead repubs? All the evils of the world are the fault of dems?

If I grew up in Podunk Mississippi and felt the sting of racism from the Klan would it be correct of me to think every white person in America were like that?

Use your head.

It’s just funny to me as a general point. There’s hypocrisy among democrats. But I think there’s more hyporcrisy among right-wing republicans. It has nothing to do with the policies of either. It has to do with the discongruity between private life and public life. Democrats may have just as much drug use, infidelity, homesxuality, whatever in their party. But they don’t make these campaign issues.

Republicans wage a public war on drugs, homosexuality, and infidelity. And yet we see they have gays, drug users, and unfaithful womenizers in their own party. Some of them the very people raging against such things. It turns me off and really gives me a bad taste for republicans even when I agree with the policies of some of the more moderate ones.

Damn, apparently since I’ve been termed and “ultra liberal” many times I’ve missed the boat.

I suppose I shouldn’t climb the corporate ladder, make good money, live a clean and healthy life or otherwise be a decent citizen…

Where do I sign up for the free drugs, welfare benefits and the rest of the complete bullshit tirade you spewed?

What is this Air America thing I keep hearing you guys talk about?

In all seriousness, the trouble is that the answers have kept changing. Originally, AA said that it had nothing to do with the questionable loans and the whole thing was on Cohen’s head. Since then, AA has admitted that it agreed to pay back the loans and has given the impression more knew about it than Cohen.

I’ll see if I can find the coverage in the blogs I read - their description is better than mine.

I think you’re lucky too.

Bigflamer-

Many Union workers voiced the same concern regarding labor’s support of the Democratic party.

It is one of the reasons given for the breakup of the AFL-CIO.

Glad you are a conservative and hope you are a proud GOP member.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

Now that I am full time and work only nine twenty four hour shifts a week, they think I’m lucky. Yea that was it. Luck.[/quote]

Wow. Maybe it’s not luck, but it’s something out of the reach of us mere mortals. I mean, nine 24 hour shifts in one week?! That’s 216 hours. Most of us only have 168 hours in a week. I’m sure there must be time for sleep or some kind of break in betweeen these shifts, too. Even if it’s only 4 hours a night, that’s an extra 28 hours in your week. Holy shit – you have close to 35 hours in a day. I’m so jealous.

A mere mortal,
Toddy

[quote]malonetd wrote:
bigflamer wrote:

Now that I am full time and work only nine twenty four hour shifts a week, they think I’m lucky. Yea that was it. Luck.

Wow. Maybe it’s not luck, but it’s something out of the reach of us mere mortals. I mean, nine 24 hour shifts in one week?! That’s 216 hours. Most of us only have 168 hours in a week. I’m sure there must be time for sleep or some kind of break in betweeen these shifts, too. Even if it’s only 4 hours a night, that’s an extra 28 hours in your week. Holy shit – you have close to 35 hours in a day. I’m so jealous.

A mere mortal,
Toddy[/quote]

If we were immortal maybe Hedo would welcome us aboard as well. Those damn immortals think they are so much better. :frowning:

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
malonetd wrote:
bigflamer wrote:

Now that I am full time and work only nine twenty four hour shifts a week, they think I’m lucky. Yea that was it. Luck.

A mere mortal,
Toddy

If we were immortal maybe Hedo would welcome us aboard as well. Those damn immortals think they are so much better. :([/quote]

Proud Neocon since 1980!