Maybe I Don't Get It (Fixing The Country)

…you know, being Canadian and all.

Be that as it may, I saw some footage of the RNC the other night with my father. Every single speaker seemed to parrot the “McCain is the man to fix this country” schtick.

The Democrats did the same thing at theirs, of course.

My confusion lies here - doesn’t that imply the country is broken, and that the Republicans were the ones to break it?

also, sometimes I do not understand for the life of me the thinking behind thread title changes.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
…you know, being Canadian and all.

Be that as it may, I saw some footage of the RNC the other night with my father. Every single speaker seemed to parrot the “McCain is the man to fix this country” schtick.

The Democrats did the same thing at theirs, of course.

My confusion lies here - doesn’t that imply the country is broken, and that the Republicans were the ones to break it?[/quote]

You know, being Canadian you have no idea what you just set yourself up for on here. Backlash in 3, 2, 1…

Or I am fully aware :slight_smile:

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
Or I am fully aware :)[/quote]

Getting popcorn and waiting for show

It’s called bullshit and both side are playing it. Idiots believe it. Things will change no matter what because they always do. But change isn’t always better. This is a lousy election with lousy players. So you pick the least bad…
I don’t see you guys fairing much better, didn’t your prime minister just dissolve parliament? If I were yall, I’d worry about that and worry less about us.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
Or I am fully aware :)[/quote]

I think you’re greatly overestimating the outrage this thread will generate.

It’s like pat said, they’re creating a false dichotomy.

I think if you had listened to McCain’s speech, you would have heard him say that it was a problem on both sides of the aisle.

Runaway spending was passed by a democratic majority just as swiftly as it was passed by a republican majority.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I think if you had listened to McCain’s speech, you would have heard him say that it was a problem on both sides of the aisle. [/quote]

True. He did jump on the “change” bandwagon.

You gotta admit that it’s starting to sound very similar to Bush back in 2000.

[quote]lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I think if you had listened to McCain’s speech, you would have heard him say that it was a problem on both sides of the aisle.

You gotta admit that it’s starting to sound very similar to Bush back in 2000.[/quote]

I don’t think you can make the Bush/McCain connection. They hate each other, and have done so for a long time.

Please enlighten us on the similarities between McCain and Bush. Your political savvy is to be envied. I mean, if we ever give a shit about the opinion of a moraccan chicken shit living in sweden as an escape from having her ass whipped - you’d be the hostess with the mostest.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:

I don’t think you can make the Bush/McCain connection. They hate each other, and have done so for a long time. [/quote]

Yet, McCain publically supported Bush in the previous election. And Bush publically supports McCain in this one.

You can see how one might get confused.

[quote]lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:

I don’t think you can make the Bush/McCain connection. They hate each other, and have done so for a long time.

Yet, McCain publically supported Bush in the previous election. And Bush publically supports McCain in this one.

You can see how one might get confused.[/quote]

If you are confused about American politics, maybe you should stick to morrocan politics. I am sure the morrocan bodybuilding sites are giddy with anticipation of an expatriot lecturing them from the safety of Sweden.

And it is publicly, not publically.

[quote]lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:

You can see how one might get confused.[/quote]

[quote]rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:
lixy wrote:
rainjack wrote:

You can see how one might get confused.

If you are confused about American politics, maybe you should stick to morrocan politics. [/quote]

That was a figure of speech.

You claimed that they “hate each other”. I pointed out that they stuck out for each other for quite some time now. That’s where you’re supposed to substantiate your claim. Moroccan (not “morrocan”!) politics have nothing to do with this.

Says who? Publically might not be as common a spelling, but it’s still correct.

[i]pub·lic·ly \�?p�?-bli-kl�?\
Variant(s): also pub·li·cal·ly -li-k(�?-)l�?
Function: adverb
Date: 1563

1: in a manner observable by or in a place accessible to the public : openly

2 a: by the people generally b: by a government[/i]

[quote]lixy wrote:
That was a figure of speech.[/quote]

Mine wsan’t.

This makes absolutely no sense to anyone who has paid attention to american politics in the last several years.

I don’t really care how you spell a worthless 4th world country, whose only spokesperson is a chicken shit baby raper living in Sweden.

It really was a great speech because it identified that there was a problem but distanced himself from (what many believe) what caused it.

[quote]lixy wrote:
<<< You can see how one might get confused.[/quote]

I can see how confused I’d be if I were a citizen of one country and drew every significant thought I had from somebody else,s.

See how blessed we are? We get to actually live in the US. You just get to think and talk about it.

Come on now, don’t let me down. This is the part where you type a 15 minute affirmation of my point disguised as a refutation.

McCain and Bush are uneasy allies and they do not like each other. McCain will be quite different.

Back on the original topic both parties screw up the country. McCain is the one major candidate I can remember who truly works across party lines. That is not always a good thing though.