May G-d Have Mercy on His Soul

I wonder what Chris means, exactly. That Bin Laden go to Heaven? That he go to one of the less bad parts of hell?

What would G-d “having mercy” on Bin Laden actually translate to?

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]saveski wrote:

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
Fuck him. Rot in hell.

Id have done it myself given the chance. [/quote]

Yup! May he rot in hell with Liberace’s dick up his ass.

But since there is no hell and no god the motherfucker got what was coming to him. And the bitch got off easy. They should have buried him ALIVE at sea.

Why would you say MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL? What a bunch of self-righteous shit. Yeah - let’s hope god forgives Bin Laden for being a “bad boy” so that we will see Osama in heaven with us when we go there.

If there was a GOOD god, HE wouldn’t have created that evil fuckin’ terrorist in the first place. OH - but that’s god’s plan. He doesn’t control his little puppets. . . . . . . [/quote]

Pic sort of semi related[/quote]

Basset Hounds have souls.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:<<< Basset Hounds ARE souls.[/quote]Fixed that for ya. =] Not that it matters. They do not carry the image of God like man does, not being moral agents or possessing high reasoning. BTW, capped had a pretty good question.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:<<< Basset Hounds ARE souls.[/quote]Fixed that for ya. =] Not that it matters. They do not carry the image of God like man does, not being moral agents or possessing high reasoning. BTW, capped had a pretty good question.
[/quote]

No, I’m pretty sure basset hounds have souls, they just aren’t immortal and they do not have intelligence or will and their souls cease to exist on death (possibly, I would like to think that my dogs will be in Heaven with me). Same for rocks.

Well anything that is a ‘being’ would have some characteristics of G-d since he is from which all being comes from, but the intelligence and will part are pretty much characteristically human.

What was capped’s question? I don’t see it.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
I wonder what Chris means, exactly. That Bin Laden go to Heaven? That he go to one of the less bad parts of hell?

What would G-d “having mercy” on Bin Laden actually translate to?[/quote]

Pure conjecture on my part, but it is hard to believe that God would allow eternal punishment.

Some Orthodox theologians have suggested that at the last judgement, all of creation will “stand” in the presence of God’s uncreated light which will purify-destroying all that is not in accord with God’s will. That is why one can be saved, but still desire to let go of earthy cares and the things that drag us down.

The material body of atoms will be consumed, if not already, but the heavenly glorified body will be that which remains after facing God’s presence. That will be joined with God, part of his body (true body of which earthly bodies are only an image). This all means that Heaven and Hell are both the presence of God.

(I conject, not to say I believe…)
If the sinner has nothing that can survive this purification, then he will be utterly consumed by God’s uncreated light, If the sinner is utterly consumed, considering that God is outside of time, that may mean that the sinners’ existence is utterly annihilated-erased from ever having existed. That would be mercy perhaps. Perhaps people will also have the opportunity to accept God’s grace after death. Maybe only a small part of them will accept it, like the part of them that was there when they were ignorant babies.

I know this for sure: Humans can not comprehend God’s mercy, and he loves us more than we love our children.

Bassett Hounds have the Holy Spirit. They are creatures of God and so they are inherently good. Whatever is pure in an animal should survive God’s judgement. How can God forget his creatures?

I wonder what Chris means, exactly. That Bin Laden go to Heaven? That he go to one of the less bad parts of hell?[/quote]

I don’t give judgments on things I don’t know. Do I wish Bin Laden in Heaven? I wish everyone into Heaven, do I hope for justice? Yes, do I think that Bin Laden is in Hell? Unfortunately, I do. I say mercy, because if G-d has mercy on Osama, only by the grace of G-d there I go. What difference is there between me and Osama (in the eyes of G-d)? What have I done to justify not receiving the same punishment.

That G-d’s charity and mercy cover his justice and authority because if he died outside the friendship of G-d, his soul will be tortured merciless for eternity.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
BTW, capped had a pretty good question.
[/quote]

That is impossible.

[quote]saveski wrote:

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
Fuck him. Rot in hell.

Id have done it myself given the chance. [/quote]

Yup! May he rot in hell with Liberace’s dick up his ass.

But since there is no hell and no god the motherfucker got what was coming to him. And the bitch got off easy. They should have buried him ALIVE at sea.

Why would you say MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL? What a bunch of self-righteous shit. Yeah - let’s hope god forgives Bin Laden for being a “bad boy” so that we will see Osama in heaven with us when we go there.

If there was a GOOD god, HE wouldn’t have created that evil fuckin’ terrorist in the first place. OH - but that’s god’s plan. He doesn’t control his little puppets. . . . . . . [/quote]

What has Liberace ever done to you !?!

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

I wonder what Chris means, exactly. That Bin Laden go to Heaven? That he go to one of the less bad parts of hell?[/quote]

I don’t give judgments on things I don’t know. Do I wish Bin Laden in Heaven? I wish everyone into Heaven, do I hope for justice? Yes, do I think that Bin Laden is in Hell? Unfortunately, I do. I say mercy, because if G-d has mercy on Osama, only by the grace of G-d there I go. What difference is there between me and Osama (in the eyes of G-d)? What have I done to justify not receiving the same punishment.

That G-d’s charity and mercy cover his justice and authority because if he died outside the friendship of G-d, his soul will be tortured merciless for eternity.[/quote]

I’m still not sure I understand. You are hoping that Osama does not spend eternity being tortured, but that justice is served?

What specific circumstance would fill that?

This isn’t a trick or some “You want Osama in heaven?!” ploy, btw. I’m honestly curious.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
Some Orthodox theologians have suggested that at the last judgement, all of creation will “stand” in the presence of God’s uncreated light which will purify-destroying all that is not in accord with God’s will.

…If the sinner has nothing that can survive this purification, then he will be utterly consumed by God’s uncreated light,
[/quote]

I think Tirib would have a few objections with this viewpoint - namely that nothing CAN exist that is not in accord with God’s will (and therefore nothing could be destroyed).

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
Some Orthodox theologians have suggested that at the last judgement, all of creation will “stand” in the presence of God’s uncreated light which will purify-destroying all that is not in accord with God’s will.

…If the sinner has nothing that can survive this purification, then he will be utterly consumed by God’s uncreated light,
[/quote]

I think Tirib would have a few objections with this viewpoint - namely that nothing CAN exist that is not in accord with God’s will (and therefore nothing could be destroyed).[/quote]

That is in part why I left the second part that you quoted as a mere conjecture. Anyway, the bible says that God does not desire the death of a sinner, and yet all sinners die. I do not believe that God intended for humans to sin. The universe was made to be perfect. The Israelites could have entered the promised land.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:

[quote]mertdawg wrote:

[/quote]

I think Tirib would have a few objections with this viewpoint - namely that nothing CAN exist that is not in accord with God’s will (and therefore nothing could be destroyed).[/quote]

That is in part why I left the second part that you quoted as a mere conjecture. Anyway, the bible says that God does not desire the death of a sinner, and yet all sinners die. I do not believe that God intended for humans to sin. The universe was made to be perfect. The Israelites could have entered the promised land. [/quote]

I find it hard to believe in a universe ruled by a perfect, omnipotent deity where things can happen that are not part of that deities plan. This is getting into more general religion, though, so I’m going to back off.

I hope Osamas death has more good repercussions here on earth than bad.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:I find it hard to believe in a universe ruled by a perfect, omnipotent deity where things can happen that are not part of that deities plan. >>>[/quote]I almost fell of my chair when I read this.

I hope Osamas death has more good repercussions here on earth than bad. [/quote]

He did appoint an heir in the specific event that he was shot in the head and thrown in the ocean.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:I find it hard to believe in a universe ruled by a perfect, omnipotent deity where things can happen that are not part of that deities plan. >>>[/quote]I almost fell off my chair when I read this.
[/quote]

You mean God almost pushed you out of your chair. Careful.

I find it hard to believe in a universe ruled by a perfect, omnipotent deity where things can happen that are not part of that deities plan. [/quote]

“Omnipotent” is just a nice way of saying STFU

[quote]mertdawg wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:I find it hard to believe in a universe ruled by a perfect, omnipotent deity where things can happen that are not part of that deities plan. >>>[/quote]I almost fell off my chair when I read this.
[/quote]You mean God almost pushed you out of your chair. Careful. [/quote]Hold on now. He doesn’t have to push for it to be His decree.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]mertdawg wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[/quote]You mean God almost pushed you out of your chair. Careful. [/quote]Hold on now. He doesn’t have to push for it to be His decree.
[/quote]

OK, almost falling was part of the grand design. Be careful anyways.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:<<< “Omnipotent” is just a nice way of saying STFU[/quote]Now that is a vast juvenile oversimplification if you’re serious. And frankly beneath you.

I’m still not sure I understand. You are hoping that Osama does not spend eternity being tortured, but that justice is served?

What specific circumstance would fill that?

This isn’t a trick or some “You want Osama in heaven?!” ploy, btw. I’m honestly curious.[/quote]

A little difficult I know. I want all of G-d’s creatures in Heaven. However, justice can’t go unserved, either.

No, I am not a fan of Osama at all, the man is a mass murder and a terrorist and even if he had repented and became a Catholic the man should be put to death.