May G-d Have Mercy on His Soul

Faced with the death of a man, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibility of everyone before God and man, and hopes and pledges that every event is not an opportunity for a further growth of hatred, but of peace.

As a Christian, like others are saying, I will never rejoices at the death of a man. Even one as evil and corrupt as this man in the shit pits of the world, even Osama bin Laden.

Fuck him. Rot in hell.

Id have done it myself given the chance.

I applaud you for taking a stance that flies in the face of instinct for the sake of something you hold to be more sacred. All Christians should realize that their religion necessitates a response like this.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

Faced with the death of a man, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibility of everyone before God and man, and hopes and pledges that every event is not an opportunity for a further growth of hatred, but of peace.[/quote]

I don’t celebrate death. No, I celebrated Justice.

I didn’t know the guy personally, but from what I’ve heard…he was kind of an a-hole. Plenty more of those on this world.

I cannot tell a lie, well yeah I can but I won’t here… I am glad he is dead. I am glad the last thing he saw was a U.S. soldier pulled the trigger.

I feel absolved in the fact that every moment this dick was alive, it meant the death of somebody who didn’t deserve it. It’s not about revenge, this asshole’s very existence threatened the existence of somebody else.

Typically, I would agree with the sentiment, but for somebody whose existence exudes evil as his did, he is better dead than alive.

I am just being deadly honest, I am glad he’s gone and honestly I don’t see it as wrong.

kudos BC for bringing in some humanitarian light in here :slight_smile:

It is possible to be glad that someone is no longer on this earth without rejoicing in their death. I know that without the blood of Jesus Christ I would be bound for the same hell Bin Laden is likely going to spend eternity in. I am in no position to point and sneer at another man’s death, but a murderous criminal brought to justice IS a good thing.

“Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; Lest the LORD see it, and it displease Him, And He turn away His wrath from him.” Proverbs 24:17-18

“I have no pleasure in the death of a sinner, says the Lord God: but rather that he should return from his wicked ways and live” Ezekiel 18:23

I have no problem with killing him, as a man puts down a dangerous animal, but pleasure and rejoicing at the death will pollute those who rejoice. Thankfullness is always good. Relief is appropriate.

oops

Refrain from celebration if you like but you guys need to be interpreting the Bible correctly:

“And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death…thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people…And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die” - Deuteronomy

and for confirmation in the NT:

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” - Luke

Time for some wartime preaching. Fuck this pacifist BS.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Refrain from celebration if you like but you guys need to be interpreting the Bible correctly:

“And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death…thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people…And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die” - Deuteronomy

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” - Luke

Time for some wartime preaching. Fuck this pacifist BS.[/quote]

Were the passages quoted above that forbid rejoicing at a man’s death any less “correct” than yours?

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Were the passages quoted above that forbid rejoicing at a man’s death any less “correct” than yours?[/quote]

No. That’s part of what makes believing in God so ridiculous. But if you intend to believe and quote the Bible, please don’t selectively use the pacifist BS. Particularly during a worldwide war against ‘false prophets’ and their adherents.

In fact, we should start taking offence at everything the ‘false prophets’ say and do and claim religious justification for our subsequent actions in my opinion.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

These don’t say to rejoice at the death. It is a solemn act. The quotes I gave are not pacifist. They recognize that the evildoer must die, but not pollute the executioner with his bloodlust.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

These don’t say to rejoice at the death. It is a solemn act. The quotes I gave are not pacifist. They recognize that the evildoer must die, but not pollute the executioner with his bloodlust.[/quote]

Whatever, just start preaching some of the good stuff please.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

Faced with the death of a man, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibility of everyone before God and man, and hopes and pledges that every event is not an opportunity for a further growth of hatred, but of peace.[/quote]

I don’t celebrate death. No, I celebrated Justice.[/quote]

Word. :wink:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

Obviously you didn’t read the part about rejoicing for the justice that has been had.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
Fuck him. Rot in hell.

Id have done it myself given the chance. [/quote]

Yup! May he rot in hell with Liberace’s dick up his ass.

But since there is no hell and no god the motherfucker got what was coming to him. And the bitch got off easy. They should have buried him ALIVE at sea.

Why would you say MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL? What a bunch of self-righteous shit. Yeah - let’s hope god forgives Bin Laden for being a “bad boy” so that we will see Osama in heaven with us when we go there.

If there was a GOOD god, HE wouldn’t have created that evil fuckin’ terrorist in the first place. OH - but that’s god’s plan. He doesn’t control his little puppets. . . . . . .

[quote]saveski wrote:

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
Fuck him. Rot in hell.

Id have done it myself given the chance. [/quote]

Yup! May he rot in hell with Liberace’s dick up his ass.

But since there is no hell and no god the motherfucker got what was coming to him. And the bitch got off easy. They should have buried him ALIVE at sea.

Why would you say MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL? What a bunch of self-righteous shit. Yeah - let’s hope god forgives Bin Laden for being a “bad boy” so that we will see Osama in heaven with us when we go there.

If there was a GOOD god, HE wouldn’t have created that evil fuckin’ terrorist in the first place. OH - but that’s god’s plan. He doesn’t control his little puppets. . . . . . . [/quote]

Pic sort of semi related