Max's Maxes: Squats and Bench Every Day

Uni PL society mock meet yesterday.

Good fun, loads of people who’ve never lifted in a competitive context nailing their first go at it, and some big PRs all round.

Weighed in at 95kg on the dot with no cut or real regard for bodyweight recently. I also went out Friday night for my housemate’s birthday and was still feeling the effects of 2 pitchers of long island ice tea on the walk up to the gym. Like I said, I was treating it as another training session.

Squat
200kg @ <8
215kg @ 8.5
227.5kg @ 9 - ties all time PR at 105ish

VID

Back in the 500lbs club. Watching the video it looks like one of the side spotters maybe touched it - as I was lifting the bar shifted slightly and that was probably what I felt. There was no need, it was definitely going up, he’s an unexperienced guy, not gonna let that discount a lift I’m pretty happy to have finally hit again.

Bench
112.5kg @ <8
120kg @ 8.5
127.5kg FAIL - just felt off on the setup and came towards my face off the chest. Having hit 130 last week I’m not that upset about this.

Deadlift
210kg @ <8
225kg @ 8
241kg @ 9 - 1kg lifetime PR
250kg FAIL - came off the floor but didn’t pass the top of my socks. It’s close and will fall by BUCS at the end of March.

VID - click right off the photo of my mate joking around with my top squat

588.5kg total at 95kg, 366 Wilks (1 point PR whoohoo) and hit some numbers I’ve been chasing for a while with a massive hangover.

Taking today off to do the Christmas shopping and catch up on some uni work, then I turn 24 tomorrow and as well as chilling out and having our house Christmas meal I might come back and give a 250kg pull another go. That or just get a load of work in, depending on how I feel.

1 Like