Maxing Out as an Ectomorph

Started at 17y.o , at 121lbs. After 2 years of dumb training, i got up to 143lbs.
At the time i thought that getting big was not for me, as i wouldnt follow the steps of the “big guys” of my gym (included insane roiding).

Began reading T-Nation as a hobby just to follow bodybuilding and strenght sports.
Meanwhile, martial arts training and lots of running got me back to 127 pounds.

This time decided not to fail i resumed training in 2006. Now im up to 200lbs and still small!
The goal is 250 lean or more, naturally.

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:
Iv never claimed to be a hard gainer, but I am def. an ectomorph. Started lifting at age 20, just turned 25 about 4 1/2 years lifting. Its been a while, had to learn a lot. I started at a unbelievable weight of 135lbs at 6’1" and have managed to put on 50lbs of lean muscle.

Now I now that I have reached the amazing weight of average, is there more I can work with? I feel like I started the muscle game a little late in life and way behind the average person. At a 37% increase in weight what kind of natural limits are there? Many people start at about 170-190 at my height, that at +37% is 230-260lbs, a much more impressive number.

What has T-Nations starting weight been compared to where they are now? If you use AAS please say so. [/quote]

Not sure who said it, but the saying goes something like this: “The better I eat, and the more I lift, the better my genetics get.” I try to live by that.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
earthshaker wrote:
Started @ 5’11 140

18 consistent, hard working years later I’m about 250.

My point exactly and good job.

If only some of these young guys could share my sorrow over what could,ve been had I not wasted my entire 30’s. It may be cause for a revised perspective. In general that is.[/quote]

Thanks. And I agree, their were years during my 20’s where I got so frustrated averaging gains of a few pounds per year. But it was just being stubborn on my part and not realizing the basics instead of trying every new supplement or program in the magazines.