Ok, I wanted to give an honest evaluation of HOT-ROX (regular strength but with the A7E gel). First and foremost, when I originally took HOT-ROX and posted my comments on it, they were more negative than positive. 9 months later when reflecting on it, my thoughts are much positive towards it.
For example, when I cut w/ the old formulation of HOT-ROX it was the first time I was able to maintain a diet without cheat days, not to mention that I gained strength while on it. At the time I didn’t think HOT-ROX contributed to helping me though b/c I felt my diet and workout program were sufficient. Was I wrong.
I had originally tried it back in May. Flash forward to November. I had stopped training for 2 months, and had gotten slightly chubby so I decided to cut. This time I used nothing other than caffeine before a workout, and maybe 5x over a course of 5 weeks I took 12.5mg of Ephedrine HCL. I also followed a typical and very lousy Muscle and Fitness style workout. The results? I became scrawny and received a ton of bashing on the forums. My strength levels decreased and even though I dropped some weight I did not drop significant bodyfat as I did while taking HOT-ROX. Also, even though it’s no longer around, Red Bands was extremely impressive at ripping fat away (I’d evidence this fact with pictures, but I think I’ve posted).
Now onto a review of the new version of HOT-ROX with the A7E gel.
After reflection on all of this I decided to try out this new product with it’s “Fancy” delivery system that is too complex for most of us to understand.
Before I was convinced to bulk I had done it for two days. Feeling I had taken HOT-ROX before I started off with the maximun dose. WHOA! 2 caps had me on what felt like a “caffeine rush,” with a very noticeable appetite suppression (I took it before I went to all you can eat buffet, aka sweet tomatoes).I originally equated this with a 150-200 mg feel of caffeine, but after contacting Biotest and being told that it does not have this much I decided to lower the dosage the next time I took it. Well I started it again Sunday (about 6 weeks later). I only took 1 cap twice a day the first day and didn’t notice anything. Then I upped it to the reccomended dosage and on the second day about 30 minutes post-second dose I was sitting down at my computer and noticed that although I wasn’t thinking of food, I had an increased rate of salivation and a “warm feeling” in my mouth, sort of like what one feels when they’re getting nautious, but I didn’t feel sick. It was more like I had a “mild fever.”
So in summary on the new batch:
- I can notice an increase in body temperature while on this product
- It doesn’t make me as jittery (in fact it gives me no jitters) when compared to Red Bands.
- When compared to the original formulation of HOT-ROX, I would have to say it’s appetite suppression effects are not quite as strong (they wore off after the first few doses), but it has caused a stronger increase in my body temperature.
- As TC (I think) once stated, it’s an excellent idea to take HOT-ROX before a cheat meal b/c you’ll end up gouging less (I ate about half of what I normally do when I went out).
- Don’t take HOT-ROX before you go to a buffet if you want your money’s worth (I know this in contrast to point 4, but this is up to you).
Oh, I forgot to point out something. The last time I was cutting, the weight-loss was not consistent. When I was taking HOT-ROX it was VERY consistent, 2lbs every week from start to finish, on the same caloric intake.