Maximum Strength (God Knows I Need It)

(edit)

I dont really expect to get up to 180 lbs, eric says the average weight gained of lean mass is 7 lbs which ill be more than happy to gain. Just setting my goals high :slight_smile:

180 isn’t that high I’d be shooting for at least 220

In 16 weeks that isnt realistic, but yeah thats probably my ultimate goals in the next few years of me lifting :wink:

Thanks Austin

I gained 7 lbs exactly, seems like a good number.

nice Before pics you already look great !
soudns liek a good workout plan youve got yourself. GOODLUCK :slight_smile: xo

I’ve gained 10 lbs at the midpoint, but I attribute part of it to muscle memory. I’m expecting good things growth-wise from the third phase.

At 160 lbs there’s no reason you can’t gain more than 7 lbs of lean mass. Definitely aim high! This is a great program.

[quote]Backfl1p wrote:
In 16 weeks that isnt realistic, but yeah thats probably my ultimate goals in the next few years of me lifting :wink:

Thanks Austin[/quote]

haha i didnt see the 16 weeks thing

Pretty similar here. Almost all of it in the growth phase.

Phase1-Week1-Day3

Squat 4x6-185lbs
Rack Pulls 4x6-225lbs
Split Squats 3x6-90lbs
A.Pull-throughs 3x10
B.Reverse Crunch 3x12

Go Heavier on Rack Pulls. Feel good, nice workout.

Phase1-Week1-Day4

A1.Standing Barbell Press 4x6-105lbs
A2.CG Chin 4x6-BW
B1.Pushup 3x10-BW
B2.1 Arm DB Row 3x8-60 Lb dumbbells
C1.Kneeling Scarecrow 3x12-65lbs
C2.Side Bridge 3x30s/side

Good workout. Need to increase pundages on row. I substituted the barbell press for 1 arm dumbbell press. I find it more effective and it works same muscle.

Week 1 is in the books.

So my plan for the following weeks. Next week i will keep the exact same poundages i did this week, because it is a medium stress week. The reps are a tad lower so it will be lower than this week which was high.
After that I will increase all my weights for the “very high” stress week, which i greatly look forward too :).

Week2-Phase1-day1

Same as last week. I am now working out in the morining. It will take some time getting used to but overall its beneficial.

I incrased the speed deads to 135 (55%) and 1 less set on squats and lunges as required. Body is feeling good, looking forward to upper body day tomorrow.

I think you’re a bit confused…Cressey changes the volume (sets x reps) to modulate the workload. You should still be lifting the heaviest weight you can.

For example, say you lift 200 lbs for 4 sets of 3. The tonnage is 2400 lbs. Next week you only have to do 3 sets of 3, so you up the weight to 215 lbs, but the tonnage is only 1935 lbs. The third week you’re back to 200 lbs for 6 sets of 3. Tonnage is 3600 lbs, a lot more than the first week.

The only instance in which you should deliberately use less weight is when Eric specifies “easy” in parentheses.

That makes more sense lol. Thank you very much!