T Nation

Max-OT

Who has tried Max-OT training? I have been on it for about 6 weeks and am getting fairly descent results. All of my lifts are going up and I definitely look better. What are your thoughts on it?

Have used Max-OT for most of '04. Have definitely increased muscle size and definition. Also made good increases in strength. Have used MAG-10, creatine and lots of protein which have helped with gains. I like the short, high intensity and highly focused workouts.

Have used Max-OT for most of '04. Have definitely increased muscle size and definition. Have also made good gains in strength. Have used MAG-10, creatine and lots of protein which have helped. I like the shorter, high intensity and highly focused workouts.

Max-OT is badass. just be sure to take a week off from training when you start getting burnt out. then learn to take a week off before you start getting burnt out.

Perhaps the main concern with Max-OT is the idea of pushing weight almost or until failure in each set (ie, if you do more then 6 reps, increase the weight until you can no longer get 6.) From personal experience, I found it very taxing on the body. I read an idea here on the web site which seemed to address this dilemma by reducing the number of reps and not aiming for failure and simultaneously increase total number of sets. So if previously you did 3 sets of heavy bench press aiming for 6 reps or failure, attempt 6 sets of heavy (or even heavier) bench press at 3 reps not aiming for failure. This also has the added benefit of allowing you to maintain propper form and range of motion without getting sloppy due to muscle fatigue.