Max OT or HIIT Cardio?

Which do you do? If you dont do cardio, which do you think is better? If neither, please explain. Thanks

I think HIIT is great. Some people have a problem keeping with the second “I” though, i.e. Intensity, so maybe other choices are better for other people.

RIT Jared

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
I think HIIT is great. Some people have a problem keeping with the second “I” though, i.e. Intensity, so maybe other choices are better for other people.

RIT Jared[/quote]

Dude - I thought the second ‘I’ was Interval.

Has anyone tried Max OT Cardio?

I prefer HIIT personally. However, I think RIT Jared’s correct in saying that a lot of people don’t jack up the intensity enough to get anything out of it. If you’re wishing you had not started and/or on your knees thanking God that the 15 minutes is over at the end of it, then the intensity was high enough.
Even though this might be more along the lines of GPP, I’ve been using HIIT guidelines (1:3 work/rest ratio) and pushing my car up and down the street on my week of active rest from the gym. I just have my younger brother steer and ride the brake a little while it’s in neutral. I’m doing it three times this week and it’s presenting a nice challenge away from the gym. However, I think you only need HIIT twice a week if you’re lifting three or four times a week (three at the absolute most if you’re cutting). I don’t think 15 minutes, twice a week will cut into your work in the gym if this is all the cardio you do. Hope this helps.

Happy New Year,
Zac

I used both for my last BB contest and they worked great. Personally I felt I spared allot more muscle mass while achieving the leanest I’ve ever been. Between the two I feel they are pretty simular just keep the duration short (16-20min) so you don’t over train. Good luck, Thad

I thought they were the same thing???

[quote]STILLERS wrote:
I thought they were the same thing???[/quote]

Nope. Max OT you go all out running for 15 minutes with a 5 minute warmup and cooldown. With HIIT, you alternate from sprints to jog.

I’m a big fan of the different ways CT cycles cardio. So in different parts of the particular program I’m following, I do 50M sprints one off day, 100M sprints another off day, 400M sprints, 800M sprints, IBUR, interval sprints, etc and then start over. I have to admit though, it’s the explosive feeling of being in a full sprint that keeps me going back to sprints for cardio.

I dunno. I guess I was mistaken about HIIT I thought it was like sprints. Run, rest, run, rest. I’m more of a fan of those. More useful too if you want to play pick-up football with your buddies to get in shape. A little anaerobic conditioning.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
RIT Jared wrote:

RIT Jared

Dude - I thought the second ‘I’ was Interval.

[/quote]

God dammit. Second letter. First ‘I’. My bad. Its a good think I can move a lot of weight because I’m a friggin’ idiot.

RIT Jared

HIIT the way I did it really helped me get into CV condition, but I didn’t lose weight or fat. I used a airdyne cycle which gets very much harder when you push the speed up for 30 seconds ALL OUT and 90 seconds slow for 10 minutes 2-3 times a week for 6 weeks and definitely got in the best shape of my life-went from a sick 90 second 400 meter run to 63 seconds. Not saying thats any good though.

That’s the basic idea, you’re not mistaken.

[quote]Garrett W. wrote:
I dunno. I guess I was mistaken about HIIT I thought it was like sprints. Run, rest, run, rest. I’m more of a fan of those.[/quote]