Max on Clusters and Extended Sets

Is it fine on the last portion of each Cluster set and Extended set to take to max?..and means to me - not being able to get up a full, complete rep.

Good question. As w.o asking I’ve been taking each, part. The extended sets to last rep possible w.o failure.

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
Is it fine on the last portion of each Cluster set and Extended set to take to max?..and means to me - not being able to get up a full, complete rep. [/quote]

Yrs totally… the ‘not grinding or going to the max’ was valid for very high frequency training (where you train each movement pattern almost daily).

@CT i’ve noticed that when i’m grinding the last set of each layer, it affects my performance of the next day’s workout (grinding TBDL’s affects my inc bench performance the next day)… is this because of CNS recovery? what would you recommend? -would reducing to a 4 day split be a good idea?

[quote]lboro21 wrote:
@CT i’ve noticed that when i’m grinding the last set of each layer, it affects my performance of the next day’s workout (grinding TBDL’s affects my inc bench performance the next day)… is this because of CNS recovery? what would you recommend? -would reducing to a 4 day split be a good idea?[/quote]

Yes it is due to neural “drain”. Some people are more sensitive to it and sbould avoid taking a set to failure as much as possible.

thank’s CT!

so would i be better off sticking with the full 5-6 day split you outlined, and stop 1 rep short of failure, or should someone in my position revert to a lower frequency split?

thanks in advance for your help!