Max Deadlift

515 right now. I would love to do 585 (6 plates per side), or better yet 600. Might take a while since I don’t want to gain any bodyweight.

Last week my max deadlift was 475, but yesterday I pulled 500 with ease. I was suprised at how easy it went up. I will try for 510 next week and hope to get between 550-570 in March at the Michigan High School State Tournament.
By the way the 500 pound deadlift was done at a weight of about 193 pounds.

I did 700 in a suit in 2003 but then I had some knee issues, couldn’t train legs (quads) hard and lost my leg drive. Now knees are getting better and I am hoping for 700 raw in the future, at 198.

I’m concentrating on my bench right now, but by spring I’m hoping to hit 750lbs raw with a belt only.

meat

Current - Jan 07, Jan 08
BP 275 - 300, 405
Squat 385 - 405, 550+
DL 475 - 495, 675
All lifts no suit, no straps, no belt
@ ~180 lbs BW

[quote]Hanley wrote:

You can just wear deadlift slippers or wrestling boots. They’ve virtually no sole and are like pulling in socks.
[/quote]

Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know what stores would have these?

[quote]pabeda wrote:

You can just wear deadlift slippers or wrestling boots. They’ve virtually no sole and are like pulling in socks.

[/quote]

Wrestling shoes you can get at most sports stores like Sports Authority or whatever. I am not sure about deadlift slippers but you might try Inzer or Titan and see if they have them, or some dance store because they are like ballet slippers without the hard toe.

[quote]nptitim wrote:
pabeda wrote:

Wrestling shoes you can get at most sports stores like Sports Authority or whatever. I am not sure about deadlift slippers but you might try Inzer or Titan and see if they have them, or some dance store because they are like ballet slippers without the hard toe.[/quote]

thanks

i maxed out at 500 a week ago
my goal is to get 600 by march so i can have the record for 165lbs in my state

[quote]lovernotafightr wrote:
my goal is to get 600 by march so i can have the record for 165lbs in mississippi highschool powerifting[/quote]

Lofty damn goal 20 lbs a month but I like it go that that. Let us know how it goes.

O.K current is
bench = 213.75lb x5
squat = 247.5lb x20
deadlift = 360lb x2

HA HA listen to this: Aiming for in 1 year:
B= 787.5LB
S= 832.5LB
D= 945LB
Thats a 2.5kg increase each workout, 5kgs a week. Who says i’ll slow down?
Come on, flame me

[quote]Phill wrote:
lovernotafightr wrote:
my goal is to get 600 by march so i can have the record for 165lbs in mississippi highschool powerifting

Lofty damn goal 20 lbs a month but I like it go that that. Let us know how it goes.
[/quote]

yea i know it is but last year i went from 370 in september to 480 in feb im a teenager and you grow real fast at my age

[quote]lovernotafightr wrote:

yea i know it is but last year i went from 370 in september to 480 in feb im a teenager and you grow real fast at my age[/quote]

Bro im not flaming or getting down on you in any way go get that shit.

hi guys working on a 520 and up deadlift. its been about 2yr after my bicept tear. oh ive been lifting during or in between that time but not as much. any suggestion to hitting that goal. know what it takes personaly but i want to know what program i should use. or advice.

hey big balls, hoping you have a good drug supplier, indestructible tendons and a good load of kleenex… Not reasonable at all and I’m being polite. Even if your muscle could get that strong, your tendons and joints will never last…

My 2 cents

[quote]acouture wrote:
hey big balls, hoping you have a good drug supplier, indestructible tendons and a good load of kleenex… Not reasonable at all and I’m being polite. Even if your muscle could get that strong, your tendons and joints will never last…

My 2 cents[/quote]

i do believe he was being sarcastic…

meat

500+ @ 148, hopefully by the middle of 07’

hey do the deadlift shoes help any in getting up more weight? I should have some wrestling shoes still around so I might try those, I have never really looked into using those shoes though. I usually went with the shell toe adidas since they are flat, but will try the wrestling shoes this week.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
hey do the deadlift shoes help any in getting up more weight? I should have some wrestling shoes still around so I might try those, I have never really looked into using those shoes though. I usually went with the shell toe adidas since they are flat, but will try the wrestling shoes this week.[/quote]

Id say no. hell id prefer to DL and squat barefoot. Im just getting used to wearing a shoe but had to to compete. well you have to have “something more substantial then socks” wrestling shoes should be fine.

I got some low top chuck like shoes by champion very thin and flat then ripped out the insoles so there isnt really anything under my foot aside from a very thin peice of hard rubber. works for me now that im getting used to them and cost all of $10

495 by June 2007.