Max Deadlift

I just maxed out on DL yesterday for the first time in about two years and I was able to get up 455 with surprising ease. I am still on Cloud 9! I am going for a 600 pull before my wedding next August.
I want to hear from some of you dedicated individuals. What are some of your DL’ing goals for the next year?

If things dont slow down to much

585 with lifting straps and a belt

[quote]Jay-B wrote:
I just maxed out on DL yesterday for the first time in about two years and I was able to get up 455 with surprising ease. I am still on Cloud 9! I am going for a 600 pull before my wedding next August.
I want to hear from some of you dedicated individuals. What are some of your PL’ing goals for the next year?[/quote]

Mine is a little more modest… I severely injured my ankle about two months ago, and I’m just now getting back into deadlifting. I’d just like to be able to dead again without using my back so much (can’t drop my hips that low). Sucks…

My lofty goals for the 1st of April 07 are… I definately want to be in the lower end at least in April and then up above the upper bracket by the end of the year.

235-250kg squat (520-550lb)

150-160kg bench (330-350lb)

230-240kg deadlift (510lb-530lb)

All at 90kg/198lbs. It’s gonna be my first year in equipement so I’m expecting a bit of a carryover from my current raw bests.

I’ve got a meet next weekend, my goal is 605lbs @ 220lbs. My ultimate goal is 3x my bodyweight or about 660 lbs.

I want 585 this spring. Then 600 next summer and 3x’s bodyweight after that. I’m at 203 right now.

I’m also shooting to break 600 by the end of next summer. That gives me about 10 months to add about 80-90 pounds. I really need to work my grip though. It’s really starting to show itself as a weakness on my heavier sets.

I have 475 now, I’m looking for over 500 by years end and hopefully close in on 585 in a year.

495 has been my max for about 3 months. The first time I pulled it I nearly bit through my lip it was so hard. 2 days ago it came up with ease. 600 is in sight and will be achieved before next summer possibly even spring.

2 Month Goal: 135x4

1 Year Goal: 405x4

Injuries suck!

5 week 615

11 weeks 625. end of 07 boy id love to be at or near 700

End of the year - 300lb
End of 07 - 350lb

I should be able to get to 300lb but 350lb will be difficult.

End of 06: 3xBW @ 420lbs
End of 07: 500x1

Just recently got 405x1 @ 140BW

[quote]tedro wrote:
I want 585 this spring. Then 600 next summer and 3x’s bodyweight after that. I’m at 203 right now.[/quote]

heh. you’ll have to beat me to it (although with my current issues, I’d say you have a pretty good chance…for now). I see you’re back to pulling with shoes on. Hmmm…

Give me an email. We need to talk training.

[quote]Phill wrote:
5 week 615

11 weeks 625. end of 07 boy id love to be at or near 700[/quote]

Crush it Phill!

My goals used to be 600 by New Years. I am forced, however, to focus on my squat because it sucks balls big time. Therefore my DL will be 600 sometime next year, depending on how long it takes me to get my squat up and moving.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
tedro wrote:
I want 585 this spring. Then 600 next summer and 3x’s bodyweight after that. I’m at 203 right now.

heh. you’ll have to beat me to it (although with my current issues, I’d say you have a pretty good chance…for now). I see you’re back to pulling with shoes on. Hmmm…

Give me an email. We need to talk training.[/quote]

The pic in my avatar (with shoes on) is pretty old, that was actually the first time I pulled 500. I not sure where my stance is right now on the shoe issue. I definitely think it is easier w/o shoes, but if, or when I compete, obviously I’ll have to wear something.

I want 700 sometime in 07’.I’ve done 650@225.Went up pretty consistent and steady so that’s the next # after that who knows.I’m just wanting to conquer 7!

[quote]tedro wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
tedro wrote:

Give me an email. We need to talk training.

The pic in my avatar (with shoes on) is pretty old, that was actually the first time I pulled 500. I not sure where my stance is right now on the shoe issue. I definitely think it is easier w/o shoes, but if, or when I compete, obviously I’ll have to wear something.

[/quote]

You can just wear deadlift slippers or wrestling boots. They’ve virtually no sole and are like pulling in socks.

675 end of '06, close to this now.

700 by march of '07 at 231 lbs.

405 with a belt

(gotta have the belt, still recovering from a broken back. yea yea I know I shouldn’t be lifting)