T Nation

Max Amount of Fish oil and BCAA?

For someone who is trying to bulk up, what would be the maximum amount of fish oil and bcaas one can consume before taking more would just be a waste of money as there aren’t any benefits?

Nutrition work starts with the solid food and uses supplements ‘top-off’ the routine. I am going to answer the question assuming the solid food side is ‘squared away’.
IMO…4-6 grams of fish oil per meal
IMO…8-15 grams in the pre & post workout feeding

If you don’t have the solid food right, all the supplements you purchase/take are wasted money.

I posted my nutrition earlier, FWIW:

530am - wake up
545am (maybe 6) - begin workout, either weight lifting or conditioning depending on the day
830am - eat breakfast, 3/4lbs wild salmon, 1 large sweet potato cut and baked, 2 eggs scrambled with milk and olive oil, shake (1 - 1 1/2 scoop Optimum nutrition pro complex and 1 scoop garden of life perfect food with milk)
1pm - lunch 1 large bowl of soba noodles, a kind bar and/or lara bar, shake (1 - 2 scoops Optimum nutrition pro complex, 2 scoops garden of life perfect food, some bcaa powder, a bit of nordic naturals ultimate omega, milk, kefir).
6pm - 4 eggs, vegetable dumplings or equivalent serving of vegetables
730 (or 8) - Yoga or Martial arts practice
10pm - bedtime shake (1 - 2 scoops Optimum nutrition pro complex with milk)

I also stay hydrated throughout the day with coconut water and kombucha tea

What do you think of BCAA before bed?

[quote]dreadlocks1221 wrote:
I posted my nutrition earlier, FWIW:

530am - wake up
545am (maybe 6) - begin workout, either weight lifting or conditioning depending on the day
830am - eat breakfast, 3/4lbs wild salmon, 1 large sweet potato cut and baked, 2 eggs scrambled with milk and olive oil, shake (1 - 1 1/2 scoop Optimum nutrition pro complex and 1 scoop garden of life perfect food with milk)
1pm - lunch 1 large bowl of soba noodles, a kind bar and/or lara bar, shake (1 - 2 scoops Optimum nutrition pro complex, 2 scoops garden of life perfect food, some bcaa powder, a bit of nordic naturals ultimate omega, milk, kefir).
6pm - 4 eggs, vegetable dumplings or equivalent serving of vegetables
730 (or 8) - Yoga or Martial arts practice
10pm - bedtime shake (1 - 2 scoops Optimum nutrition pro complex with milk)

I also stay hydrated throughout the day with coconut water and kombucha tea

What do you think of BCAA before bed?[/quote]

You should calculate the daily macros.
No problem w/adding BCAA’s before bed.

Macros come to roughly:

Calories: 3000
Fat: 110
Protein: 270
Carbs: 170