T Nation

Mavs and Cavs Are Done

Well the mavericks and the cavs blew their one and only shot of making it to the conference finals. They have no shot of stealing a game 7 from veteran championship teams on their home court.

I am seriously going to contemplate shooting myself if we see another fantastic pistons-spurs defensive extravaganza. Shit, I wanted to see new teams. Its too bad the clips will probaly fall too since the suns get three full days of much needed rest.

Oh and by the way, the Boston Celtics are going to win the championship next year and Paul Pierce, the most underrated player in the NBA, is going to average 45 a game.

Disappointed, are we?

:slight_smile: Spurs 06, baby. Spurs 06. :slight_smile:

[quote]ThatGirl77 wrote:
Disappointed, are we?

:slight_smile: Spurs 06, baby. Spurs 06. :)[/quote]

The law firm that I work for Represents the Spurs. The last few years our SA. office has had some interesting bet’s with our Dal office.

[quote]haney wrote:
ThatGirl77 wrote:
Disappointed, are we?

:slight_smile: Spurs 06, baby. Spurs 06. :slight_smile:

The law firm that I work for Represents the Spurs. The last few years our SA. office has had some interesting bet’s with our Dal office.[/quote]

Ah, no way! That’s cool. :slight_smile: You in San Antonio?

Suns will go the distance! If the Spurs lose that is.

I got the Clips to beat the Suns. I’m also partial to them b/c Livingston is my favorite player.

Paul Pierce blows. He’s not even a top 20 player in the game. I don’t care how many points he’s scored. I could name 20 players I’d rather start a team with. I’ve watched him since college and has never really impressed me.

I think Shawn Marion and Elton Brand are more underrated than Pierce. Have you seen those guys this post season, there animals.

I also think atleast 1 team will lose on their home court. The Mavs get Terry back, the Clips have a good chance, and the Cavs have Lebron so anythings possible.

Should be a good show though. Just hope It’s different teams this year. I like Detroit and the Spurs but I’ve had to much of them the last few years too.

I grew up in Detroit and now live outside Cleveland. Who the hell do I cheer for? :slight_smile:

Whoever wins, please just fucking stomp all over Miami, PLEASE!!!

HH

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I grew up in Detroit and now live outside Cleveland. Who the hell do I cheer for? :slight_smile:

Whoever wins, please just fucking stomp all over Miami, PLEASE!!!

HH[/quote]

If you want Miami to lose then cheer on the Pistons. The Cavs will get slaughtered. The Heat are a better matchup for Detroit than the Cavs are. Cleveland has always given Detroit matchup problems.

…and if Pierce averages 45 ppg, then I’m willing to bet that the Celtics average a shade over 50 ppg :wink:

I wouldnt put Cleveland out just yet. Even if their victories over my hometown team were a little shall we say, cheap. I’m not bitter or anything. =D

[quote]A-Town Crown wrote:
I got the Clips to beat the Suns. I’m also partial to them b/c Livingston is my favorite player.

Paul Pierce blows. He’s not even a top 20 player in the game. I don’t care how many points he’s scored. I could name 20 players I’d rather start a team with. I’ve watched him since college and has never really impressed me.

I think Shawn Marion and Elton Brand are more underrated than Pierce. Have you seen those guys this post season, there animals.

I also think atleast 1 team will lose on their home court. The Mavs get Terry back, the Clips have a good chance, and the Cavs have Lebron so anythings possible.

Should be a good show though. Just hope It’s different teams this year. I like Detroit and the Spurs but I’ve had to much of them the last few years too.[/quote]

I agree about shawn marion being underrated. However, Elton Brand is not really underrated. People have come to respect his game and everyone knows that he is the cornerstone of the clips. I only really put two othere powerforwards ahead of him: Duncan and Nowitzki( the both you could argue are not true powerforwards, seing that Duncan plays alot of center and Nowtizki plays all over)And who knows if amare is better, we’ll see how he rebounds. But Brand is dominant and everyone knows it.

[quote]timmyboy5410 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
HH

…and if Pierce averages 45 ppg, then I’m willing to bet that the Celtics average a shade over 50 ppg ;)[/quote]

This is so true sadly. I am sad to say that I do not think the celtics will ever return to glory

[quote]ThatGirl77 wrote:

:slight_smile: Spurs 06, baby. Spurs 06. :)[/quote]

Lakers 07.

Please no rude Kobe hating remarks anyone.

[quote]Kir Dog wrote:
ThatGirl77 wrote:

:slight_smile: Spurs 06, baby. Spurs 06. :slight_smile:

Lakers 07.

Please no rude Kobe hating remarks anyone.[/quote]

Celtics 2023. No doubt.

I dont know whats up with the Pistons we should be done with the series right now, all i have to say is they better win tomorrow.

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
I wouldnt put Cleveland out just yet. Even if their victories over my hometown team were a little shall we say, cheap. I’m not bitter or anything. =D[/quote]

cheap? Come on who doesn’t like a 4 step jump stop leading to a winning shot.

But I have to agree with the original post, the Cavs and the Mavs both blew their best chances…it’s like the Lakers all over again…

Cavs are done, Mavs though, will win.

I loved the 4 step by LJ. Couldn’t believe they didn’t call that a travel!

Any team with 3 refs and Lebron James has a chance of winning.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Any team with 3 refs and Lebron James has a chance of winning.[/quote]

VERY TRUE! LOL

Dallas lost the chance to seal the deal. The spurs please no chance on monday night a bunch of overrated old guys who have only three players that make em go…timmy the crybaby…manu the flopartist…parker the unibrow leader. Great team but the torch is about to be passed on to the team up I-35.

I’d rather see the Mavs win, but I honestly don’t see them going into San Antonio and pullin it out.Dallas had their chance and didn’t take advantage. That’s all she wrote.