Mavis13's Beast Training

Well ive been lurking on this site for a couple years now. Well here is what im up to now.

Background info: although it may not look like it ive been lifting weights since i was 14 years old. I started my freshmen year because i was tired of being picked on for being scrawny and i didnt want to play football because i cant stand being on the losing end so i lifted weights.

I lifted all through high school and of course back then i actully did everything the mags had in it. By the end of my senior year i was the second strongest kid in school. Well i lifted for about a year after high school then quit altoghter and got mono on top of that too.

Then i got fat from drinking way to much and being inactive for 2 1/2 years. Well get rejected by a hot girl lit a fire under my ass and i got back in the gym. That was about 3 years ago until 6 months ago i never paid attention to nutrition now im actually taking protein supplements and eating right. ok so enough of my background and on to the training log.

I just started Mr. Thibs beast training. I did kind of mess with it a little but not much. here is the layout

Monday - HITT and abs

Tuesday - Motor Skill Acquisition

Wedsday - isometric/explosive contrast and abs

Thursday - HITT and abs

Friday - Motor Skill Acquisition

Saturday - off

Sunday - Overload

Ill post todays weights and food intake later and pics tommorow

Ok today was the first day of the lifting portion of the beast program. here is what i did

Motor Skill Acquisition

Bench 80% 1rm 3reps x 20min sets 250lbs

Squats 80% 1rm 3reps x 20min sets 215

Bent over row 80% 1rm 3reps x 20mins sets 230

So for the first 5-10 mins it felt kinda easy but once 12mins hit i could defintly feel it and it felt great. So far this is one of my favorite training. half way through the squats i was sweating like crazy my shirt was soaked. Defintly good stuff.

ok so im not tired and im kinda bored so heres some pics

side view

back

So i just got off work and didnt get to go to the gym. My gym closes at 10. So tommorow ill be doin todays work and hitt. It will still be a good day.

haha i can see the whole “listened to what the mags said” in your pics.

funny

also wear your pants a bit higher

and good luck!

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:
haha i can see the whole “listened to what the mags said” in your pics.

funny

also wear your pants a bit higher

and good luck![/quote]

I think I dont look half bad for being 5’8" 195lbs and 12% bf

and Ive dropped from size 34 to a 32 so not many of my pants fit to well and I just happened to not be wearing a belt.

As for goals. Which is weird to hear myself say. Im looking to get down to 8-9% bf and possible maintain that. Im also getting ready to run a 10k marathon in sept depending on how I feel about my training level then I might actually say screw it and do the half marathon.

Im also training to try out for American Gladiator. Ive wanted to be on that show since i was a kid.

Ok so heres todays training

A1) Military press isometric hold

6sets of 9sec hold 275lbs

A2) push press with 75% max of military press

6sets of 4 reps 185lbs

B1) Conventional deadlift isometric hold
6sets of 9sec hold 295lbs

B2) Hang clean
6sets 4reps 155lbs

C1) Back squat isometric hold
6sets 9sec hold 295lbs

C2) jump squat
6sets 6reps 80lbs

Today felt great its alot of fun I really like this routine.

After I lifted I actually ran out side. Im use to running on the tredmill and figured id do my normal 50min HITT training wron on that one heres my running session.

30mins total 2.5miles
4min jog
1min run

I actually just started the Beast Building and today was my Iso/Exploding day as well. It was different than what I expected, and a lot of fun (and I may start my log soon too).

Anyway, I was wondering how intense your 6-9 sec holds were, since it appears that you simply held heavy weights in position rather than positioning a bar in a locked position (am I right?).

I did the way I perceived CT as explaining it and it definitely was intense (after 8-9 secs I was shaking noticeably, so I assume that is expected and means I am going full force).

Good luck with the program, you seem much stronger than I in some areas, which will maybe keep me motivated to put up more, haha.

One last thing, I received an answer to a post from CT himself, and he sort of cringed when I asked about adding cardio/HIIT, but abs after any workout is always ok.

[quote]osterm38 wrote:
I actually just started the Beast Building and today was my Iso/Exploding day as well. It was different than what I expected, and a lot of fun (and I may start my log soon too).

Anyway, I was wondering how intense your 6-9 sec holds were, since it appears that you simply held heavy weights in position rather than positioning a bar in a locked position (am I right?).

I did the way I perceived CT as explaining it and it definitely was intense (after 8-9 secs I was shaking noticeably, so I assume that is expected and means I am going full force).

Good luck with the program, you seem much stronger than I in some areas, which will maybe keep me motivated to put up more, haha.

One last thing, I received an answer to a post from CT himself, and he sort of cringed when I asked about adding cardio/HIIT, but abs after any workout is always ok.[/quote]

It wasnt to intense ill probably go up in some of the holds. And yeah i just loaded the bar and held it there. My gym doesnt have any racks that lock like I need.

Its cool to see that there is someone else doing the same training. You should def post a log too it would be awesome to compare and motivate each other.

Yeah I didnt mean to do workout and HITT on the same day I kinda screwed that up cuz now my legs are sore as hell lol.

I woke up this morning and my upper traps were kinda sore but in the good way. So today was motor skill as follows

Incline press 80% 1rm 3reps x 20min sets 225

Sumo deadlifts 80% 1rm 3reps x 20min sets 245

One arm dumbell row 80% 1rm 3reps x 20min sets 105

Let me tell you what a awesome session today. I felt pumped the whole time. Espeicly with my incline. Incline press is my major weak point. Sumo deads are my new fav it really makes my upper body look ripped. One arm deads was hard being as my gyms dumbells only go up to 100lbs so i had to load up a ez bar. Still felt good.

I also did abs as follows

A1. Forward roll
5-15 reps
A2. Plank
30-60 seconds

B1. Cable crunches
6-8 reps
B2. Twisted cable crunches
6-8 reps per side

C1. Accentuated negative swiss ball sit-ups
Max reps in good form
C2. Accentuated negative leg raises (Marties)
Max reps in good form

This really killed my abs but it feels great.

Here is my typical food intake

Breakfast
4 egg omelet with 1/4 cup cheese and 1oz of chicken
2 scoops of Grow!

Lunch
5oz shrimp or 5oz of turkey or ham
2 slices of swiss cheese
2.5oz of tuna
2 scoops of Grow!

pre workout
1 scoop of low carb metibolic drive

post work out 2 scoops of Grow!

dinner
6oz of steak or chicken or hamburger
Green beans or corn or cottage cheese

snacks through out the day
almonds, sunflower seeds, orange, apple, or bananna chips. I dont eat all those all the time just every so often.

Today was overload and tendon strengthing. This day is awesome and i cant wait for next sunday.

A1) partial bench press in the power rack
4sets x 4 reps 275lbs

A2) manual eccentric bench press
4sets 3 reps 265lbs

B1) partial deadlift in power rack
5sets 3 reps 375lbs

B2) eccentric only deads
5sets 1rep 365lbs

C1) Partial pull ups
5sets 3reps 40lbs

C2) negative pull ups
5sets 1rep 60lbs

D) bench press
1set 100reps 95lbs

E) leg press
1set 100reps 135lbs

F) chest supported rows
1set 100reps 20lbs

What can I say this session was great I love lifting heavy. I wasnt to sure about the weight I should use so I figured overload means go heavy. The eccentric deads was great untill it bounced and whapped my chin I have a huge knot. Thats gonna leave a mark.

Nice lifts. I guess I read the program for today wrong, since I only did one exercise of 100 reps. Damn, how did you hit your chin? haha. Anyway, I have a nice knot in my upper back from the eccentric deadlift, if it makes you feel any better. I also cannot wait for my next overload day…

Here is what my day looked like at the gym

HITT cardio

3min run 2min fast/almost sprint run = 5min 8sets = 40mins

Today I did this inside on the treadmill. I also did abs as follows

A1) Forward rolls on little ball on incline
4sets 12reps

A2) 3 postion bridge 40sec hold

B1) Cable crunches
4sets 8reps 200lbs

B2) Twisted cable crunches
4sets 6reps per side 180lbs

C1. Accentuated negative swiss ball sit-ups
Max reps in good form
C2. Accentuated negative leg raises

HITT was good I went up 30secs from last weeks so the last 20secs was kinda tuff but it felt great. I way like this ab routine. when i leave the gym my abs feel shredded.

I cant wait for my next seesion.

[quote]mavis13 wrote:
HITT cardio

.[/quote]

I really REALLY hate the addition of cardio, especially HIIT cardio to this phase. It WILL severely hinder the effectiveness of the phase. It should be kept for phase III or worst case scenario, phase II.

Do not chase two rabbits at once.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
mavis13 wrote:
HITT cardio

I really REALLY hate the addition of cardio, especially HIIT cardio to this phase. It WILL severely hinder the effectiveness of the phase. It should be kept for phase III or worst case scenario, phase II.

Do not chase two rabbits at once.[/quote]

Ok Ill save it for phase III. How do you feel about swimming in phase I? If not swimming I was thinking about doing your abs for babehounds the first one. Thank you for your feedback.