Matt Kroc Transitions to Janae Kroc

Of course, especially those disenfranchised, hard-scrabble, bigoted, ignorant, “UN-ED-U-CAT-ED” white people who don’t live in New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, or Chicago, have bad teeth, fornicate with family members. These people “have nothing to do”.

Even worse is if they have southern accents. Then they’re really big meanies. :frowning:

I mean, this all must be true. The movies told me so! Like they told me anyone who doesn’t live in my city, NYC, is a backwards, uneducated meanie.

Oh, by the way, ignorant has come to be a very interesting word to me, specifically because those who use it so liberally never bother to tell me about what their subjects are ignorant.

Damn it, I’m identifying myself as a billionaire.

Where’s my money?

I’ve never been the sort to slink away from a fight, especially one I’m winning. :wink:

At any rate, the thread seems to be deteriorating, which is to be expected–after all, nothing gold can stay. It was fun while it lasted.

It’s too bad most of the principals in this discussion won’t be around in 50 years to see how the whole transgender issue works itself out.

I can’t help but note the irony of someone trumpeting about an anti-science book to a group of individuals scattered around the globe who are receiving said triumphalism virtually instantaneously by way of a highly integrated website that facilitates real-time communication in an extremely sophisticated manner–an anti-science book that was found using a computer linked remotely to another computer thousands of miles away, a link that also will allow one to buy the book without any physical money changing hands. The book will then be transported to the specified address (most likely via both plane and truck). Or, the book could be downloaded to an e-reader such that the entire contents of the (anti-science, remember) book will appear on a device held in the hands of the purchaser.

Stupid scientists. What the hell do they know?

1 Like

You’re actually talking about engineering which mostly actually uses highly flawed and disproven science. But I just build cranes, so what would I know.

Thanks Chushin. Good grief I literally got hit with a Post Must Be 20 Characters warning just now.

I sincerely doubt most engineers would say current technology is built upon “highly flawed and disproven science.” (‘Highly flawed’ science leads to highly flawed engineering which produces highly flawed technology, which tends not to exist for long.) I also doubt that most engineers would agree with the thesis of the book Push was promulgating; ie, that science is largely bunk, and that regard for well-trained/qualified scientists is “fundamentally misplaced.”

But I’m just an MD/PhD, so what would I know.

Oh, right your MD gives you great insight to engineering I’m sure. Engineering is based almost entirely on old disproven physics models and real world experience, not the latest science. Engineering has been virtually entirely out of touch with the widely accepted physics of the day since at least the early 1900s. In engineering you estimate a horse as a sphere, a sphere as a circle, a circle as a line, and a line as a dot then add in a big safety factor and do plenty of real world testing after you build it.

Engineering and the building of stuff isn’t the bastion of the wonders of theoretical analytical science.

And yes, many many many engineers laugh about this sort of stuff and theoretical science.

No, my PhD in an experimental science gives me insight into science.

Okay, so maybe don’t argue with me about what engineers think. Or what physical modeling should be used to engineer a better solution. I’m sure most doctors would agree with me.