Matt Kroc Transitions to Janae Kroc

[quote=“EyeDentist, post:1689, topic:210559”]
st, Trump’s ‘ignorant voters’ seem largely to be white working-class individuals whose once comfortable standard-of-living has eroded since the Great Recession of 2008. These understandably frustrated, angry and frightened individuals are responding to a low-information campaign of xenophobic demagoguery designed to exploit, intensify and redirect their frustration, anger and fear.
[/quote]. Yawn… More yawn for 20 characters…

And Trump hasn’t done a comedy sketch with racist jokes like Hilary, therefor he isn’t racist right? I didn’t say obama talked about building a wall. Nor did trump every say anything bad about an ethnic group or banning any race from entering. While we can argue about him being bigoted against the country of Mexico or the religion of islam, they are NOT races or ethnic groups, though they might be motivation behind the claim. This is similar to the Dems being anti-israel. If the republicans are anti-hispanic then the Dems are anti-semitic.

First, those are direct quotes. Is quoting now racist? Plus that was making the argument they sound a lot like Trump supporters. Take your implications elsewhere. Your associations of Mexican and hispanic and Muslim and middle eastern are far more racist than anything I’ve said.

You drew a parallel between Obama’s 2008 campaign and Trump’s campaign today. I attempted to demonstrate that this is not a valid comparison, which is why I brought up the wall Obama didn’t want to build.

Trump spoke very harshly of Mexicans, vowing to build a wall to keep them out. He proposed banning Muslims from entering the country.

Like I said–I will let that aspect of your comment speak for itself.

Actions speak louder then words.

Please. Obama did not propose banning Christians. Further, from the link you provided, “[Lauren Mack, spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in San Diego] insisted that the Iraqi nationals in question have not and will not be sent back to their war-torn home country, but instead “repatriated” to “agreed upon” countries like Germany and Sweden.” Further (and also from the link), “In interviews with officials, some applicants allegedly admitted that their claims of family threats were “fabricated” to assist with their applications. Details regarding the remaining Chaldeans could not be discussed due to the confidentiality of their applicants.”

This is in no way equivalent to Trump advocating for a blanket prohibition of Muslims (including American Muslims) entering or re-entering the country.

No. He didn’t propose it. He just did it.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/obama-refuses-to-allow-yazidi-christians-fleeing-isis-to-enter-united-states/

So, someone fabricating a story to try to get into the US from an area where people of their religion are experiencing genocide is a problem, yet anyone who wants to can just stroll across the southern border.

Yes, I drew a comparison of their campaigns, not individual policies. A fish is like a duck in that they both spend a lot of time in the water. You’re saying that’s wrong because ducks don’t jump.

Your second point proves that you didn’t read my post. Neither mexican nor muslim is a race. Your contention that being harsh on Mexico or Muslims is racist is actually mildly racist.

And I take it that means you concede the point. Those quotes do speak for themselves.

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on,” a campaign press release said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

Correct. He spoke of banning members of a religion from entering.

When did I say being harsh on Mexicans or Muslims was ‘racist’?

Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said Trump’s proposed ban would apply to “everybody”, including Muslims seeking immigration visas as well as tourists seeking to enter the country. Another Trump staffer confirmed that the ban would also apply to American Muslims who were currently overseas – presumably including members of the military and
diplomatic service. [emphasis mine]

Per the quote I provided above, it would seem ‘Trump’s staffer’ was the one who was misinformed.

Of course, none of this changes the fact that Trump’s proposal is very likely unconstitutional.

I said:
Nor did trump every say anything bad about an ethnic group or banning any race from entering.

You responded:
Trump spoke very harshly of Mexicans, vowing to build a wall to keep them out. He proposed banning Muslims from entering the country.

If you aren’t using religion, nationality, ethnicity, and race interchangeably, then your response doesn’t make sense. And in the only way I can figure that to make sense, you are saying that Trump was harsh on the “ethnicity” mexican, and the “race” muslim. Thus calling him racist.

I’m not using them interchangeably. But the concepts share traits–say, like a fish and a duck do. Thus, I would argue my response makes sense, and is on point.