Matt Kroc Transitions to Janae Kroc

You owe us one more photo.

2 Likes

Man, if I could e-mail you one of my omelettes with fresh black trumpet chanterelles I totally would, but alas, that just ain’t possible.

As it stands you got me beat on brunch foods, but come mid July, it’s on!

Who wouldn’t get a running start to slide down that slippery slope?

Good article.

With Kroc’s lashing out at society, I’d like to know what American society has done to him! After all, it is American society that allowed him to use his brain and body in an environment with the resources to become a marine, an elite powerlifter, and a pharmacist, and to consume as many calories as wanted to. I don’t deny he put forth the necessary effort to do so, but to bitch about the society that allowed him to use his gifts, effort aside, is extremely disingenuous. And then to bitch about people distinguishing between man and women and to use language as it has been used to denote and describe objects and actions is ultimately crass! I used to really think highly of him, even thought of his positive traits after this transformation and remained tolerant, but I now consider him quite annoying, and I have no reason unrelentingly bash him or someone else because I don’t feel good doing so. (Wait, was there a transformation? I guess that depends on the mood of the day.) Now he just comes across as someone incessantly bitching and attention mongering, even in a society that is letting him do as he pleases: refer to himself as a man or a woman, take female hormones, maybe in the future receive surgery, continue to work as a pharmacist, and engage in hobbies he enjoys, and earn a living as a well-earning pharmacist. What is his grievance against society at this point-the fact that people refer to women and men as they are?!

I’d also like to add that people who lash out against society, what I believe is their view of an oppressive “Western” society, I’d like to see how they fare in non-Western societies. Then they’d actually have a lot of bitching to do, but the ironic thing is, they wouldn’t be permitted to bitch much or act as they please without serious consequences. You know, like winding up in some very special places. So they feel free to bitch about our society, but actually would be worse off in other societies. How ironic!

Actually, it seems these people (those with personal grievances against society, the society that “boxes” them in) actually have a problem with the entire world. What they don’t realize is that even in places where people are “free”–you know, live in mud huts and dress in loin cloths and roam the jungle and don’t have to show up to a J-O-B–actually engage in far more actual work than we do, and have as many taboos, hangups, rules, mores, and superstitions than we do, if not more! They actually worry about shit that would never even think of worrying about!

So I don’t know where all these society bashers should go or do with themselves!

1 Like

I tend to frame things in the way I can best relate, which is from a recovery based perspective.

What I see a lot of in that is unrealistic expectation and placing conditions on happiness. The whole transformation thing is like a big game of not liking who you are or how you feel. Therefore, when I change, I will feel better. But that rarely happens. External changes can happen in pretty much the blink of an eye, but the internal changes of accepting the world for what it is, then accepting the place one has in that world (what ever that may be) takes much longer.

Then (IMHO) the stage is set to make the changes in life (internal and external) that are productive and result in happiness.

Otherwise its just wishful thinking to believe “I’ll be happy if… Or when…” which is also just a resentment in the making.

1 Like

No, your point about the GOP is that they are way behind the Dems on civil rights and crap. 100% without a doubt, they aren’t. They’ve been lightyears AHEAD throughout basically all of US history. I’ve only stated that they appear to be moving towards the Dems.

BTW, your BTW statement is entirely straw man. I stated absolutely nothing about intelligent voters or highly educated voters. The link you posted however completely and totally backs up what I did claim, that Obama recruited a large, ignorant, uneducated voter base. He won the lowest education group (HS drop out) by an austonding 64 to 35% far above and beyond his “stomping” of Romney in the post grad education bracket. Go search youtube for “ignorant Obama voter” if they don’t remind you of Trump supporters, your admitting to closing your eyes again.

I’ll admit that, despite my hatred of Trump, it’s hilarious to hear Dems whine about how bad ignorant Trump voters are. Basically, the power of stupid people in large groups is all fine and dandy until the other side does it.

1 Like

Again, I am talking about the current instantiations of the GOP and the Dems; I am not scoring them based on their entire histories. Without a doubt, the GOP used to be the party of civil rights, and the Democratic Party was the safe harbor for those clinging to racist ideologies. Such is not the case today, however.

But my point was, he also tied or beat Romney among educated voters. Thus, the notion that he won with ‘poor, ignorant, racist, emotional voters’ is misleading. But it is true that Obama’s candidacy motivated many people to vote who otherwise would not have.

No, they really don’t. Obama’s ‘ignorant voters’ consisted largely of disenfranchised minorities responding to a candidate who campaigned on a message of hope. In contrast, Trump’s ‘ignorant voters’ seem largely to be white working-class individuals whose once comfortable standard-of-living has eroded since the Great Recession of 2008. These understandably frustrated, angry and frightened individuals are responding to a low-information campaign of xenophobic demagoguery designed to exploit, intensify and redirect their frustration, anger and fear.

So the ‘ignorant base’ of the two campaigns, and the way the respective candidates are appealing to them, couldn’t be more different.

You’re not hearing me whine about them. My criticism is directed at Trump and his exploitation of those people, not the people themselves.

LOL. Okay, Trump’s campaign is low information and Obama’s was a message of “Hope”. Both demonized someone. Both had racist undertone. And both are big on imagery and promises with virtually no discernible policy to achieve them. And no the ignorant racist Obama supporters had nothing to do with the hope message. It had to do with “he goan pah duh rent” and “he goan give us dat free Obamah phone” or straight up “cause he black”.

Remind me, please, of the location of the wall Obama pledged to build in 2008, and precisely which ethnic group of ‘rapists and drug dealers’ he was looking to keep out. Also, refresh my memory re which religion the practitioners of which Obama proposed banning from entering the US (including US citizens returning from overseas).

I’m going to let this speak for itself.

1 Like