Matt Kroc Transitions to Janae Kroc

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]blackchucks wrote:
Maybe I am missing something, but I am confused why some of you are calling him a her.
He is still a dude, regardless of what he thinks he is. Your desire to be something cannot actually change what you indeed are.

However, if this whole time we have all been duped, and Matt falls into the definition of a female (feÃ??Ã?·male /ˈfēˌmāl/ adjective: female 1.of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.), then by all means, call him a her. In that case, that would be one strong chick and the record books would have to change, would they not?
[/quote]

You have no right to determine what people can and cannot call themselves. It’s not about what they are, it’s about how they self-identify. I, for one, identify as a peanut. Who are you to go around telling people I’m not, in fact, a delicious legume either whipped into a buttery texture or consumed all by my lonesome?[/quote]

Damn you for being delicious and high in linoleic acid.[/quote]

HAHAHA

I respect Matt Kroc, and I will happily read any articles written by Janae Marie Kroc for T-Nation.

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
I respect Matt Kroc, and I will happily read any articles written by Janae Marie Kroc for T-Nation.[/quote]

Actually, that could be really awesome.

[quote]TDub301 wrote:
Also, the record books can change, but they’d have an asterisk next to them. Pretty soon records will have to include categories for people who transitioned to their gender as opposed to people who were born their gender. Maybe one day the olympics will be divided into 4 groups. Instead of just men’s and women’s, it will also include transitioned men’s and transitioned women’s…

But still…

:O[/quote]

He said somewhere that if he decides to fully transition he’ll stop competing. I’ll dig up the quote again if I can.

Here’s Kroc’s statement today:

[quote]Kroc wrote:
There has obviously been a great deal of gossip, rumors and questions about me the past few days. To put them to rest: yes, I am transgender/gender fluid.

First, I would like to be clear that I had planned to wait until my sons were out of high school before I became openly public about this. As that no longer is an option, I will address it now.

I have been very open about this for many years among my family, close friends, and in the powerlifting community, but I realize for many of you this has been a huge shock. This is something that I have been dealing with my entire life and has been extremely difficult for me. In fact, it even drove me to consider suicide at one point.

I never wanted nor asked for this, and fought this as hard as I could for a very long time. I have finally reached a point where I am comfortable with and proud of whom I am, even if a lot of people donâ??t understand.

I have received an unimaginable amount of support and love in the last twenty four hours from family, friends, fans, and strangers alike and I want to thank every single one of you that have reached out to me. It honestly means more to me that I can possibly express with the written word.

I will share my story in more detail in the coming weeks. In the mean time you can follow me on Instagram @janaemariekroc and my Facebook page can be found under my friends list on facebook under Janae Marie.
[/quote]

I’m still a bit suprised/weirded out, but in the end it doesn’t affect me, so all the best to Kroc, whether it’s Matt or Janae. I’ve been pleasantly surprised how positive people have been so far (except for Misc. haha).

So, I am not trying to be a jerk here, but is this “gender transitioning” that seems to be so common today brought on by group-think amongst men? What strikes me is how rarely you see the converse - women transitioning to men. And I am not trying to be a bigger jerk by saying this, but could additives that we use so commonly in everyday things (such as plastics) that are known and proven to reduce testosterone or increase estrogen production, contributing to this cultural shift? It seems strange, that is all, between how quickly it happens and how men seem to be overwhelmingly more moved than women.

I wrote Matt an email back in college, explaining how his / her writing had inspired me multiple times (and in this particular instance, gotten me through pre-med finals) with no expectation of a response. Got an amazing email back an hour later that I still have hanging on my wall above my desk.

Much respect.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
So, I am not trying to be a jerk here, but is this “gender transitioning” that seems to be so common today brought on by group-think amongst men? What strikes me is how rarely you see the converse - women transitioning to men. And I am not trying to be a bigger jerk by saying this, but could additives that we use so commonly in everyday things (such as plastics) that are known and proven to reduce testosterone or increase estrogen production, contributing to this cultural shift? It seems strange, that is all, between how quickly it happens and how men seem to be overwhelmingly more moved than women.[/quote]

I am not aware of statistics but there is a bunch of women to men on youtube as well as men to women. I don’t think you can talk about the effect of hormone mimicking compounds in plastics for a guy who injects large amounts of testosterone.

People always talk about testosterone as the main thing that makes a man a man but there is tons of chemical compounds in the human body with tons of complex effects and tons still to discover, etc. It is not that simple.

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
Wow, I’m not a lesbian but I find her strangely attractive. Nice lats. :slight_smile:

Still, I’m pretty sure there’s an inverse relationship between emotional stability and the number of duck-faced selfies a woman posts on instagram. Jenae Marie Kroc has over 50. Transgender or not, I’m pretty sure that crosses over to crazy. [/quote]

Haha, the only thing I can remember that relates to this is Dave Tate/Jim Wendler was taking shit about what people do and one of the things he said was constantly using “lol” said only women do that…then he said, “I am talking to you Kroc.”

[quote]therajraj wrote:
So for years he takes male hormones and their derivatives in high amounts. And now he must be taking female hormones? Or does he just like dressing as a woman?[/quote]

He said he hasn’t decided to choose one way or the other.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I thought the Matt Kroc news was a joke initially. Like a story from the Onion.

Here are my thoughts on the transgender trend:

I think just like there can be aberrations during gestation regarding hearts, brains, etc., so can there be abberations with sex organs. A quick googling told me that 1 in 1,666 babies is born with ambiguous genetalia. So I wonder how many males actually have immature ovaries or a small penis/large clitoris? And how many women have undescended testicles or the like? It’s not really all that far-fetched.

And having a mix of sex organs could most definitely affect one’s hormonal panel, etc. In the past, someone identifying as the opposite sex was labeled as a freak. But the tide of public opinion is changing. And people are getting more brave about “being who they want to be.”

I’m still suffering a bit of cognitive dissonance with this issue, though.[/quote]

Dudes got a big dick and one ball. He is not inter-sex, he is transgender. Sex used to mean gender. But, now they are disconnected in main stream society.

But, I don’t think he is dealing with a mix of organs, except his missing nut.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
So, I am not trying to be a jerk here, but is this “gender transitioning” that seems to be so common today brought on by group-think amongst men? What strikes me is how rarely you see the converse - women transitioning to men. And I am not trying to be a bigger jerk by saying this, but could additives that we use so commonly in everyday things (such as plastics) that are known and proven to reduce testosterone or increase estrogen production, contributing to this cultural shift? It seems strange, that is all, between how quickly it happens and how men seem to be overwhelmingly more moved than women.[/quote]

What Jasmincar said. There are plenty of former gals gone lads but my guess is that the male>female route tends to make bigger headlines; there are a number of ways to explain this, many of them to do with gender roles.

IIRC there’s a F>M person in the RMP section of the forum with decent gains!

Personally, I couldn’t give less of a shit what she does with her own body, whether it be take a bunch of gear to get massive gains, or a bunch of gear to grow hips and tits.

I’m only posting to point out how civil the thread has been, and express how impressed I am with the T-Nation community for not making this a shit show.

Circa 2010, this would have been a disaster thread I think.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

I don’t know the numbers, so I might be talking out of my ass. But my suspicion is that there aren’t “suddenly” more cases, but that social media allows faster and farther spread of the stories that do occur. And, as for the effect of environmental chemicals, Matt mentioned that he knew this feeling by age 5 and Bruce Jenner mentioned having these feelings from a pretty young age. In my opinion, this likely decreases the likelihood of environmental factors.

I would suspect that the mentality of a top level powerlifter/bodybuilder on gear and a transgender person have a lot of overlap. There is a disregard for norms. There is a willingness to take hormones to push your body to extreme changes. And the overall commitment and fortitude to see it through.

I don?t mean to say that people who use and push themselves are one step from becoming girls, but that people like that have some of the necessary attitudes to do it. They would still need the goal of changing in the first place.

I think someone like me who isn?t willing to do things like take drugs to reach training goals isn?t going to get to the top of those sports OR change genders, even if I wanted to.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Personally, I couldn’t give less of a shit what she does with her own body, whether it be take a bunch of gear to get massive gains, or a bunch of gear to grow hips and tits.

I’m only posting to point out how civil the thread has been, and express how impressed I am with the T-Nation community for not making this a shit show.

Circa 2010, this would have been a disaster thread I think. [/quote]

I would actually like to second this, I am very pleasantly surprised at just how civil this thread is, Might have something to do with the fact she could crush most guys without breaking stride.

Personally it doesn’t effect me in the slightest if She wants to be called Jane, Matt or Emperor Electric Boogaloo III, best of luck to her.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

What Jasmincar said. There are plenty of former gals gone lads but my guess is that the male>female route tends to make bigger headlines; there are a number of ways to explain this, many of them to do with gender roles.[/quote]

It is definitely related to gender roles. Think about society views men who are a hairdresser or airline steward vs how we view women who are construction workers or military.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I would suspect that the mentality of a top level powerlifter/bodybuilder on gear and a transgender person have a lot of overlap. There is a disregard for norms. There is a willingness to take hormones to push your body to extreme changes. And the overall commitment and fortitude to see it through.

I don?t mean to say that people who use and push themselves are one step from becoming girls, but that people like that have some of the necessary attitudes to do it. They would still need the goal of changing in the first place.

I think someone like me who isn?t willing to do things like take drugs to reach training goals isn?t going to get to the top of those sports OR change genders, even if I wanted to.
[/quote]

Yeah probably. Look at how rampant the use of recreational party drugs are amongst steroid using bodybuilders.

[quote]jose969 wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

Circa 2010, this would have been a disaster thread I think. [/quote]

I would actually like to second this, I am very pleasantly surprised at just how civil this thread is, Might have something to do with the fact she could crush most guys without breaking stride.

Personally it doesn’t effect me in the slightest if She wants to be called Jane, Matt or Emperor Electric Boogaloo III, best of luck to her.
[/quote]

I will third this, although this is far from the first time I was surprised a thread here was so civil.

There’s at least 2 if not 5+ names I can think of that likely may have started this thread down a different path, were they still around.

Also, I have enjoyed every article written by Krok here and have actually been wondering if he… or she, rather, was going to write any more. Hopefully so, doesn’t change my respect level or willingness to listen in any way. Hell, this could be a good thing to write an article about.

[quote]Dr J wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

I don’t know the numbers, so I might be talking out of my ass. But my suspicion is that there aren’t “suddenly” more cases, but that social media allows faster and farther spread of the stories that do occur. And, as for the effect of environmental chemicals, Matt mentioned that he knew this feeling by age 5 and Bruce Jenner mentioned having these feelings from a pretty young age. In my opinion, this likely decreases the likelihood of environmental factors.[/quote]
Humans are very good at back-rationalizing things. The memory is also highly malleable and selective. You even have some good examples of this in this very thread.